Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18556 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

Who knows, she might need an elf kidney for one of her potions  :).

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

Will it end at this little today?  :(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

Armok, I think you can drop the un-needed "Is that all today?" posts. Please.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2008, 12:42:00 am »

Quick feat suggestion here...

Epic Failure:  You fail so hard, you win.  You are a walking catastrophe.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2008, 09:06:00 am »

Hah. I'll add that in in the next RP game.
Btw, Armok, I am flattered by your unlimited lust for more, but I only write when I have THE feeling to write. Really, if I need to start churning out this story on mandates, it won't really be fun to me anymore.

( If you really need something to read, you can always check out my epic failure )

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:00 am »

What the?
Urist nervously backed.
Whatever just screamed, it did not sounded human, and Urist was not very keen on meeting it.
He began to step backwards on a more rapid pace when another scream, which seemed to come from somewhere closer then the previous, caused him to fall back in panic.
He fell on something cold and hard.
When he jumped back up, he saw it was his pickaxe.
The scream once again sounded once again, and this time, it was unnervingly close.
With a determination only a man - better said, a dwarf - could have after years of experience, he took the pickaxe firmly by the handle and started to dig through the walls.
The brittle material quickly succumbed to the power of the cold, dwarven-smithed steel. But, to his surprise, more than that succumbed.
What first was a crack became a hole. What was a hole, became an even larger hole, and what was a large hole began ripping the entire wall.
"Ay. Tha' won't be good."
The entire wall collapsed, and a large part of the roof followed.
Urist ducked to evade the falling roof, but could not prevent an entire support beam falling on his chest.
He gasped for breath as he felt the beam squeezing his lungs.
"Agh... not another dwarf tha' fell victim to a cave-in of some sorts."
But as he tried to lift the beam, he noticed it's state was not better than that of the walls, and it took him no effort to chop it into little pieces with his axe. He did not seem to be hurt in one way or another. Sure, his chestpiece had gotten quite a good knock, but that was all.
He got back to his feet. Whatever he was trying to evade, it sure knew where he was now.

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:00 am »

I apologise for the lack of updates, but since I have got a large and REALLY important interrogation for french tommorow, I haven't got the time to continue.
So, once again, sorry. Especially to Armok  :p.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

As Virvipop's feet touched the line, it began to stretch out. What first was but a room away quickly began to multiply itself. Two rooms. Three rooms.
Since it was not determined to stop, Virvipop hasted herself to be able to get to Rocc in time. She quickly took out the Talking Book.
"Talking Book, analyse this maze, and show me the shortest rout."
The Book began to sketch a map of the maze and shortly after, a bright red line began to crawl along it, forming the shortest path.
"Great. Thank you, Talking Book."
The spirit remained silent, aware that Virvipop did not need any distraction.
Virvipop had already started running, clumsily holding on to the book so that it wouldn't slip out of her hands.
She had already reached the end of the first straight line by now, and took a right turn, as indicated on her map.
But she began to notice more resistance as she pressed onwards. As she looked down, she saw to her amazement that a carpet of sparkles formed around her feet with every step she took.
Normally, she would take a closer look at this unusual magical appearance, but now, she decided, was not the time. However useless that elf was, he had to be saved.
She continued following the white line, ignoring the increasing resistance.
The white lines began to curl into turnings and soon, she found herself struggling to turn with them.
Since Virvipop was be no way strong of any kind, she quickly had to stop to rest.
Desperately she looked how Rocc was being swayed over the room by the tentacle, who had grown in size along with the lines.
But then, she noticed how Rocc himself had grown to the size of a giant. Wait!
The room had not grown... she had shrinked!
Quickly, she took out a potion, spoke out a basic magic formula and took a sip.
In a matter of seconds she returned to her former state.
The resistance, who was only strong enough to keep someone only a third or fourth of her size away, was replaced by the feeling she was wading through water.
The room's edges had completely disappeared into the void, and it was slowly making it's way to the tentacle. As she looked back, she saw how little progress she had made.
She once again began to run as fast as she could while staying sure she did not stray from the white lines.
Viripop continued her way across the maze. At this pace, she would surely reach Rocc.
She estimated she was about half-way through. But suddenly, the white lines under her began to shake.
"Hahahaha! Let us see if the witch can handle demon magic, shall we?"
The Succubus' voice sended chills down her spine.  
But as her voice fainted away, nothing happened. Virvipop hassled for a few moments, not sure if she would take a step or not.
Carefully, she took a step.
Nothing happened. Another step.
This time, she felt a little sting. Alarmed, she raised her feet.
A small tentacle that resembled its bigger brother up ahead had grown on the spot she stepped and briefly contacted her skin. The place it stinged began to feel incredible warm.
Not warm, actually. More like hot.
She began to feel the urge to scratch it. She had to control herself. This was but magic bullying, not deadly magic. Someone like her could surely face this. It was only playing around with her nerves.
But as she stepped on the white line again, another tentacle appeared, who tried to attach itself to. Quickly, her instincts gained the upper hand and her feet redrew.
This was not going to work. It seemed that every time she touched the line, another tentacle grew. If she kept on hassling on one spot, their would be a whole bunch of them.
She stepped back, readying herself to jump over it.
"OUCH!"
Another sting. The Succubus had cursed the way back too.
Before she could think what she would do next, more stings pierced her feet.
She began to run forward.
"OUCH! Ouch, ouch, ouch!"
For any random bypasser, it would have been quite a hilarious sight; not that their would be any bypasser in the void that began to close in on the maze, and more importantly, on Rocc.

EDIT: I just looked back on the first part and noticed how terrible it was =(.
Edited it a little.

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »

She have a potion to stop shrinking but not one to stop pain?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

FYI, due to Rocc's fears and paranoia, after (if?) he is freed, he will be startled by everything, and extremely fearful of anything that would normally just bother him.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

Well, it is quite hard to drink a potion while running and being stinged by tentacles.
It takes concentration to correctly take a potion, in my point of view.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2008, 06:33:00 am »

Jakob looked around. How could he have been running around in circles?
He was absolutely sure he had travelling in the opposite direction for the entire day. Did he ran around all day with a sprained feet for THIS?
Frustrated, he vented his anger by yelling at the house.
The most absurd swearwords crossed his lips in a rain of curses that would make even the roughest of men blush.
He took his shortsword out of its sheath and began to walk to the house.
Jakob felt how his anger took the better of him. He could not control it.
In a futile attempt to reduce the house into a pile of toothpicks, Jakob began to assault the frontage of the house.
"TAKE THIS! AND THIS!"
But the old wood looked more fragile then it was. The repetitive chopping into the wood caused only clouds of dust, and many, many splinters.
As if the house was alive, it released a terrible howl.
Scared, he jumped back.
What followed, was a large bang and a wave of dust that sended him to the ground, coughing.
"What the-"
He could hear more screams in the house, followed by more loud bangs.
"AY! GET YAR FILTHY PAWS OF ME!"
Intrigued, Jakob got back up.
For the first time since he arrived here, he heard a somewhat human voice.
"OFF! BLOODY DRIBBLEFACES!"
The screams turned into howls.
Scared, but curious on the other hand, Jakob approached the door.
But before he could open it, it swung open.
Jakob screamed.

Urist made his way through the debris and began to run, not caring where he was.
The screams behind him neared him even now, and started to change into howls.
"DOGS? AY, HAIRBALLS, COME OVA HERE!"
Urist had never liked cats or dogs. To be fair, he never ever liked anything with more hair on its body then in his beard. Whenever he could, he would chase them while hurling deathwishes at them.
Even though he was allergic to them, these chases always gave him a sense of achievement, even if it made him end up sick in a bed for days.
Urist slowered his pace. He was planning to stop, until a ray of light caught his eyes.
A Dwarf might be cave-adapted, he did like to have some sunlight now and then. It suddenly occured to him that taunting those beasts in the dark was not a very good idea. Whatever they were, they were probably a lot better adapted to see in the dark then him. He once again fastened his pace, and took a right turn. As he followed the light, he was reminded of an old dwarven song.
It was not a very good time for singing, but he could not keep himself of humming it.

"We follow the light,
through caves and tunnels,
against goblins and demons, we fight.
For every day that we returned,
a keg of beer stood ready for us.
After our valiant brothers are burned,
we remember them by raising the mug!
For Armok has blessed us with this golden juice,
our beverage, our alcohol, our booze!"

He grinned when he finished the last sentence. He craved for some dwarven booze right now, actually. But then, something heavy collided with him and he sended him flying against the wall.
The impact of the dwarf's steel armour and the wall caused a large BANG, followed by yet another collapse.

[ May 31, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:00 am »

[ May 31, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DreaDFanG:
<STRONG>Looks nice I'll join in.

Name:RED
Race:Construct (magic made robot)
Size:7ft
Weight:300lbs
Allergic to:fire
Items brought with him/her: Spare parts, adv. clockwork, armblades
Class:Bloodcopper Colosus
"Feats":
Muscular ( 10 points )Sees things ( +10 points)
Stoic ( 5 points )Antisocial ( + 5 points )
Experimental ( 3 points )Faithless ( + 2 points )
Troubling secret ( + 2 points )

[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]</STRONG>

He stopped accepting characters pages ago.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2008, 07:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

He stopped accepting characters pages ago.</STRONG>

Yup. I am not accepting any characters anymore, so you'll have to wait until the next game starts ( which won't be that long ).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10