Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18562 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »

Why so little today?  :(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »

Well, some people have lives, unlike us.   :D

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2008, 08:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>Well, some people have lives, unlike us.    :D</STRONG>

That's horribly selfish! Confiscate and burn them so we can get this thing going a bit faster!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2008, 08:05:00 pm »

Uh...you do that.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 08:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>Uh...you do that.</STRONG>

Do what? confiscate their lives?

I think there is a name for that actually... slavery, that's it!  :D

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

Agh. It is the devouring creature, worse then carps, that has prevented me from writing more; school!

But no worries; Two days of unlimited terrors and nightmares will now fall upon the house, as the plot develops, and the first blood flows. *maniac laugther*
*Cough*
Ok...

Torphin could feel the energy the eldritch shield emitted. It pulsed through his veins, refueling his anger.
"SUBJECT 3? SUBJECT 3! MY NAME IS TORPHIN, AND I WILL MAKE YOU FEAR THAT NAME."
Once again, he opened his eyes. But, to his surprise, no unbearable pains ripped through his body.
Before him, he saw the door which he heard open.
In front of it, different man-sized humanoids stood, clothed in some kind of a black outfit, completely covering everything but their eyes.
Torphin was in the middle of a cilindrical room, completely constructed out of all sorts of metal.
Whoever built this room, was truely skilled in the art of architecture.
The metal walls were perfectly shaped to fit the cilindrical shape, as if they were placed in a gigantic mold.
The room was filled with all kinds of machines; some of them were outfitted with bulbs and wires of all kinds, others were but steel blocks who generated a buzzing sound. An artifical light shined from a hole above him.
The only thing not made out of steel, was the so-called 'Power Beam'. A large stone, similar to those who primitive orcs worshipped.
He could not recognize it as a native stone, being perfectly smoothened with a deep-black colour he had never seen before in anything natural.
For some reason, the stone seemed... tired, as if it had lost it's will of life after countless millenia's. Even more, it seemed to reflect this onto him, as he felt tired himself.
Swirling around the massive stone was some sort of a haze. Every now and then, it sparkled in the light, revealing that the haze was made out of some sort of red dust particles.
Without thinking, Torphin tried to step through the haze.
But as his foot made contact with the haze, it froze into place.
Angered, Torphin tried to push his foot through the Eldritch shield, but it did not move a single bit.
Determined to get through the haze, Torphin tried to take a few steps back so that he could try to charge through it.
Torphin had not been paying attention to the 'doctors'. The doctors, however, had been curiously observing Torphin. A couple of them laughed when he tried to step through the Eldritch shield, but now, they all were completely silent, eager to see how Torphin was going to try to cross the shield.
But as he stepped back, he noticed his left foot, the one with which he tried to step through the haze, did not moved. It seemed glued to the haze.
Frustrated, he tried to pull his foot back. It did not budge.
He roared out frustrated, took his left leg with both of his hands, and started to pull.
The entire group of doctors started to laugh as they saw how Torphin tried to remove his left feet from the Eldritch Shield, without success.
"YOU FIND THIS FUNNY, DO YOU? YOU SADISTIC SON OF A-!"
Then, the last thing he suspected to occur, occured.
His vision changed into a red cloud, and a mere moment later, he witnessed how a bolt of red energy shot out of his eyes.
Surprised, he jumped back, but since his left foot was still glued onto the Eldritch shield, he fell down clumsily against the stone.
Meanwhile, the bolt had started to ricochet against the haze, splitting in two every time it hitted the haze. Unlike his feet, it did not seemed to glue against the haze, instead, it seemed that every time the bolt hitted the haze, it seemed to take some of it with him, thinning the layer of red particles.
In a matter of seconds, large amounts of bolts were flying all over his prison.
Then, he saw how one of them was flying right towards him.

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »

Heh, nice.   :D

Gotta love the laser beam antics. So I take it they're anger-controlled?

"you're making me angry. you won't like me when I'm ang-*ZAP*"

But I can't help but notice the title change. Does that mean there won't be any adventures beyond the house?

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »

No, there actually will be a portion of the story outside of the house sooner or later. I'll change the title to "Terror of the Succubus".

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

Ehm, didn't you say it would be lots today?
Or are you writing in this now?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2008, 03:47:00 pm »

"Madam, that is indeed bad news." the Talking Book commented.
Virvipop took a few moments to think.
"Talking Book" she said, "How dangerous is the room on this moment."
"Well, madam, I would not dare go in their. That room is under direct control of the Succubus. She will even be able to warp herself or her magic into it, anytime she wants. Not to speak of the unstability of the warp. I sense this Succubus is fairly young, and has not completely mastered interdimensional warping."
Ludge frowned. "She can warp herself in? You mean she is not in this house?"
"Physically, no. She still is in her dimension." the Talking Book said.
"She could, but that would be her own doom." Virvipop commented. "Warping, that is"
"Why?"
"Succubus' are weaker demons. They must return to their dimension to regain their Eldritch powers. They can source all their powers to warp themselves into the material world, but they would not be able to return without a magic source, such as a summoner's magic, or a warp.
Warps are some kind of open doors between the dimensions. She can enter and leave this warp without limitation. The only danger is, that when to much of one dimension enters the room, it becomes highly unstable and vulnerable for..."
"Ermm... very interesting and all, but shouldn't you try to actually... save Rocc?" Ludge interrupted.
While Virvipop was giving her lengthy explanation, the tentacle had wounded itself completely around Rocc, and was now swaying him around.
Very faints 'Help me' could be heard every time the tentacle stopped briefly before it started another sweep.
"Uhmm... yes. Talking Book, how large is the possibility the warp will collapse?"
"Assuming Rocc is the only matter in the room, and the fact considerable Demon matter is present, the chance is less then three procent."
"Very well, then."
Virvipop once again entered the room.
As Virvipop looked back, she noticed Ludge and the corridor faded.
Apparently, this was a self-sustaining warp, that was not relying on any dimension. It was 'hovering' between both dimensions.
Cautiously, she started to make her way to the tentacle, trying to prevent any contact with the objects in the room.
Suddenly, the void-liquid and flying objects vanished.
"What the-"
A sinister laugh filled the room. An otherworldy, female voice spoke.
"Ah, magician. Welcome, to my playgrounds! I see you have had the courage to save this elf. Or have I mistaken courage for dumbness?
No matter, you will find that my inter-dimensional warp is fading away as I speak. By removing MY matter, I have broken the fragile balance in here.
I challenge you into a time duel."
A white line sprouted infront of her feet. It began to draw some sort of maze across the floor.
"This maze is unvulnerable for the fading. If you manage to follow it, despite the obstacles, and do not stray of it, you shall arrive at your dear elven friend."
As she said this, the white line stopped just in front of the tentacle.
"However, notice that Rocc is still vulnerable for the fading of this warp.
If you arrive in time, you may save him. If the void arrives sooner, I will have the pleasure of seeing him getting crushed between dimensions."
The otherworldy voice laughed again.
"Since I respect magicians, I will grant you the ability to warp back to your dimension at any given time, at your desire. Now, the challenge begins."
And as she finished her speech, the edges of the room began to dissapear into darkness.
Unwilling to lose Rocc, Virvipop stepped on the white line.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »

A maze you say...
That book ought to have some god pattern recognition and number crunching, so making it draw a map of the correct route should take less than a second if I have understood it right.
Then it's running I guess.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Alright. I'll keep in mind she will use that.
If I can bring myself to it, I'll write another piece. If I can't really concentrate, I'll get myself some coffee and scribble something down in notepad.

Oh, and by the way, know that I also have a story fortress to keep up with. I don't want to neglect any of both. ( Arrgh, and then there is that Dwarf-ympics thread. I have to make a new record sooner or later )

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

Jakob could not remember a longer night than this one.
Numerous times he fell asleep, only to be awakened with the feeling someone - or something - was watching him.
The temperature dropped to a point were he could not feel his hands or feet anymore. Fearing he would freeze to death, he quickly assumed a not very comfy fetal position.
Moments became minutes and minutes became hours as he kept laying there, looking into the darkness that shrouded the forest. He could swear he saw some eyes over there. Why would the sun not come up? He was getting insane here.
But as the first rays of lights peeked through the leaves of the forest, Jakob calmed down. Whatever predators lived in these forests, they did not get him this night. And Jakob was not planning to let them get him the next night.
He would search for civilization, atleast, if there was any civilization around here.
He got up. His foot was still in a bad state. Why did he had to get a sprain at this blasted moment. As if this creep show wasn't enough.
He began to limp towards what he thought was the east, towards the sun.
He hoped that this meant he was going east. He liked the east. For whatever reason, east just felt right. Unlike west, or south. Not to talk about north.
But in his state, he barely made any progress. Every five minutes he walked, he had to pauze for another ten. This sprain seriously hampered him.
But then, as the hours passed, a spark of hope ignited in him. A building!
As he neared the building, though, his hope quickly changed to dispair.
He had returned to that blasted abandoned house.

Hmm. I seem to have wrote less then I thought. I need some inspiration.
*Looks up in dispair*
Alright, God, get me some divine intervention and I promise I will think about believing in you. Pleasy?

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ May 31, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ May 31, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

If I were a succubus, I wouldnt let a Dwarf with a pickaxe be in my house without the fear that he'd just TUNNEL through the walls.

*Hint*

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »

Hmm...why would Virvipop care much about Rocc?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10