Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18563 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 10:15:00 am »

Oh come off it, you're not really taking this seriously are you?  The early installments are practically comedies, that's why I'm setting Ludge up for the death sentence.  This story was started in a light-hearted and playful atmosphere, and it will continue to be so because of that.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

Ah, wonderful writing once again, I got a LITTLE more confidence in you getting the Torphin character working.   :)

Also, after saying something like that I'd actually suggest simply banning Kagus after Ludge die. Ok, if he was joking maybe not.

Really, maybe it would be best to make the stop to chars absolute even if they die, or maybe just having very high demands on how well thy should fit in.
Really, I'd prefer to have the circulation of the chars quite slow, so we can get to know them. it is much better to have a few really good characters then just demand-driven cannonfodder.

Really, Ludge has been marked as [expendable] so that's OK, but otherwise I think it would be better not to kill PCs.

Just my copper coin[2].

Edit; Kagus posted while I was writing.

You don't seem to see the difference between comedy and silliness.

basically, there are a few things I'd want not to happen to this RP:
1) getting swamped by a million players, either by all playing at the as time so none can keep track of them all, or by chars dyeing after 5 min before any character development can be done just so more players can be allowed in.
2) Characters from completely different settings coming in and ruining the mood, so no modern day tech or popular culture referances please.
3) breaking the forth wall
4) falling into some clich'e, so please avoid stuff from DnD, Warcraft, LOTR specific stuff like hobbits, etc.

Really, it is a big difference between humour driven by the interesting personalities of the characters interacting and reference-based/meta humour

Now I suggest we stop this this argument and let the GM decide, but I really am taking this seriously and I have not enjoyed anything this much since AKQ2 ended, so please don't destroy this for me.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

quote:
The earlier installments are practically comedies

Well, it is not because a story starts light hearted it may not end up in a bloody massacre.
I always mingle in some humor in my stories, but the humor later on will be a lot more dark and serious.

And Armok, these seven characters are the ABSOLUTE limit. If it was not for a briliant idea I had to make the new ones interact with eachother, I would have probably just refused to incorporate a few of them.
And if I find a character to be just to boring, they will just end up in a... unfortunate mess. There is no way cannonfodder will be on demand. ( They will still be cannonfodder, though   :D )

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

Okay, I'm sorry, but there's an unresolvable difference of opinion here.  I'm out.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

Alright. I am sorry to hear that. No bad feelings about it. It is only a story after all.
That does not mean Ludge does not exist anymore. He will die soon, whenever I see a chance arising.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

Thanks Asheron, I think I have you on my side.
Because Viripop was designed to never be boring.   :(

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

I attempt to LASER BEAM my way out of the straps.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 11:16:00 am »

Alright, I hope it is all settled now. To the next part!

Ludge slowly opened the door and peaked in.
Quickly, he closed it and took a step back.
"What's wrong?" Rocc asked with some fear clearly to be heard in his voice.
"That... that is not right! That can't be!"
"What is wrong!?"
"There are... the room is all... look for yourselves. You wouldn't believe me."
Rocc clearly hesitated.
"I don't really trust you, Ludge." ( Paranoid Feat )
"Wha? What?"
"Who says you're not just going to throw me into the room like you did last time?"
"Really, Rocc, I am not kidding. You can trust me."
"No!"
Virvipop shaked her head.
"Childs. Just get on with it and have a look."
She immediately practised what she said and opened the door with a wide swing.
"What the?"
The room they were looking at practically broke every rule of nature. First of all, different parts of the floors were covered with some kind of moving void. A liquid that seemingly absorbed every light around it, warping a black aura around it.
Even worse though, were the fact that the room both seemed to have forgotten the rule of gravity and the rule of mass and energy.
Without any energy source, different objects, most of the spiked, were flying around the room and every now and then they suddenly went up, bounced against the roof, then continued their bizar path. Then, he noticed how a jug of water was standing upside down on one of the walls and it did not seemed to plan to fall off anywhere in the future.
Virvipop squeeked in pure delight.
"This is the most fascinating I have ever seen! Never have I ever had the honour to see so much laws of nature breached by magic simultaniously. This is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions! Talking Book, record this moment immediately!"
Stunned, Rocc and Ludge witnessed how a pen appeared and started drawing a photorealistic image of the room, accompanied with some notes.
"Indeed, madam. This is the most extraordinary thing I have ever witnessed, and I have lived for several millenia."
Rocc began to step back, passing Ludge, who was inching away from the corridor.
"I am out of here. This is too much. You guys can see what you do with that succubus."
Ludge grumbled and grasped Rocc by his right shoulder, preventing him from leaving.
"LET ME GO! FILTHY, STINKING TROLL!" ( Smells Feat )
Virvipop was so fascinated with what she beholded, that she was only slightly aware of Rocc and Ludge.
She murmured "Let him. If he wants to."
"NO!" Ludge cried out.
"You, my friend, are in big trouble! If you don't let go of me now, I will-"
"SHUT YOUR ELVEN FACE BEFORE I MASH IT INTO A BLOODY PULP."
Terrified, the elf began to shake on his legs.
With a very high voice, he whispered; "All right. Ok. Calm down."
"YOU STAY HERE" Ludge grumbled, and letted loose of Rocc's shoulder.
Rocc rubbed over his painful shoulder. The troll almost broke his entire shoulder.
"Ok. Now-"
Ludge turned around.
"What does this room mean, Virvi?"
"First of all, I would appreciate it if you addressed me with my FULL name, yes? To answer your question-"
But Virvipop suddenly cried when she looked down in the middle of her sentence to think. The moldy floor had just gained some extra moisturing; some slimy tentacle-like appendage was crawling over the floor and had surrounded the feet of Rocc.
"What the-?"
In a blink of an eye, the tentacle closed around Rocc's feet and retracted into the room.
"AAAH! GET IT! OF! ME! AAH!"
The tentacle seemed to lack the strength to sent Rocc flying, but as Ludge grasped Rocc's hand, he felt the enormous power which with the tentacle was trying to drag Rocc into the room. He was forced to let go, unless he wanted to get dragged along with him.
Now, the two stood for a gigantic dillema; would they attempt to rescue their elven 'friend', even though this means entering the strange room, or will they just run away, not caring for Rocc, who seemingly became a hassle?

Jack A T: Alright, but I would like to point out that you'r eyes are hurting like hell on the moment, and your character does not know his powers yet. I will make it happen, though.

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 11:34:00 am »

Virvipop would want to save him because under the impolite surface she's quite nice, but she would foremost not want to harm whatever that is in the room.

Oh, and can I see the notes she takes? I am quite interested myself, that's why I designed my char to collect information for me.

Beyond Quality, pure delight!

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

Torphin, who forget for a moment what happened the previous time, reopened his eyes to see who was coming in.
Another wave of excrutiating pain ripped through is body.
"AAH!"
His vision was blurred and filled with dancing black spots. He could barely make up shapes, so he decided to close his eyes. Everything was better then that pain. Even if it meant he had only his ears to count on.
"Ah, it seems... subject 3 has tried to prematurely open his eyes."
Torphin had never heard such a voice. Even though it seemed to come from something alive, it had a very dull, almost, mechanic sound.
"Subject 3 is our newest experiment on viabilty of human enhancement.
Notice that we have had to chain him to a power beam to be completely sure he won't be using his newly gained powers against us. He is a possible threat, with the enhancement making him extra mentally unstable."
Torphin could heard some mumbling. Whoever had came in, he hadn't come alone. He seemed to be giving a speech to some fellow... frankenstein apprentices?
"Subject 3 has been enhanced on both visual, visual-attack and transport abilities. Also, we have inserted knowledge of our language into him to ensure he can understand us."
He heard some voices, who were apparently thrilled by this news. What had they done to him? Visual enhancement? Visual-attack enhancement? Had they created a monster out of him?
"We will now activate the eldritch shield. Please stand back."
Torphin suddenly felt the so-called 'Power beam' shaking, and for a few seconds, he felt the air around him swirling.
Then, his straps fell off.

"Ludge! We have to help him!"
Virvipop had taken different steps to the door and was almost about to enter the room.
"NO! That elf is but hassle. By the way, I am not going in that room! Never!"
"Very well" she replied. "Then I will go."
"No! Don't risk your life for that foolish elf!"
But it was to late, and Virvipop took a step into the room.
The room did not seem to notice her presence and just continued it's bizar ways.
"Talking Book."
"Yes, madam. I assume you want to see the notes?"
"Yes, please."
"First of all, I have been trying to define the aura it is transmitting. It seems to be quite unique. Undoubtly, alien."
"You mean this room is a link with the succubus' realm?"
"Not really a link, rather some kind of a... temporary interdimensional warp."
Virvipop took a step backwards into the corridor.
"That sounds like bad news" Ludge commented while grinning.

Be impressed by my great skill in paint!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

You are an amazing author.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »

I think that will be it for today. Well, maybe some more in a few hours.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »

This is more interesting than I thought it would be. You are a good writer, maybe you should write a book?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 09:50:00 am »

Jakob looked back up from his feet, and realizing that he was hopelessly lost, he sat down on a nearby rock.
"Great." he thought. "Lost in a creep show in the middle of nowhere."
He tried to calm himself down. Breath in. Out. Ok.
Steadily, he felt his heartpace slowing down, the adrenaline in his blood vanishing.
Jakob had always had troubles controlling himself in situations like these, which had given him a lot of trouble.
Normally, he was very calm and, even if he said so himself, smart. But when his instincts took over, he became a reckless killer.
He started to observe his surroundings.
In whatever world he was now, he sure was lucky it even looked remotely like Earth.
Large trees, who could very well be pines for the unexperienced eye, rose up into the sky in groups. Unlike forests in earth, they seemingly tried to flock together, creating large clearings surrounded with thick walls of pines. Or whatever their names were.
He could not see even the most remote of wildlife here. Probably, he had just scared them away, even though he doubted that he was the scariest creature around here.
Jakob looked up in the sky. He had not actually really payed attention to it, but as he saw the bleak moon hanging in the sky, he realised how cold it was.
Unlike other hikers, Jakob hadn't chose to wear isolating clothes. Instead, he was wearing just a white t-shirt and some denim pants, both of them soiled by his fall.
Carefully, he lifted himself up and began limping towards a random direction.
He had to find somewhere to sleep. Somewhere with cover, preferably.
Somewhere without winged creatures. He shivered when he thought about his assailant. He saw only a vague shadow, and actually, he did not really wanted to know how it looked like.
He stopped at a group of pines. He noticed their seemed to be almost no difference in foilage. He kept seeing the same groups of trees with some plants around them.
Curious, he bended down to inspect those plants.
Little white fruits were hanging from something that vaguely looked like a horse flower. He had some rations of food, but he felt like it would be better if he took some of those fruits anyway. Just in case.
After picking different handfulls of them, he decided to rest here, to spare his right foot.
He made it as comfortable as it could get, and closed his eyes.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

I yell "SUBBJECT 3!?! My NAME is TORPHIN!" and try to run out of the area.

(Let me guess: force field.)

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10