Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18559 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »

Ok, if we can convince Jack not to be superman and then get the joining of more locked then I'm happy. That would seem a fair compromise.

Hope this suggestion passes now...

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

I don't know about trying to convince anyone to change their character (Okay, you got me to do it, but only because I had my doubts about that choice when I made it). I would think Asheron would try to factor in Jack's powers in a non-story-breaking way. As for the limit on players, I'll have to ponder that one.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

You needed a Dwarf.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>You needed a Dwarf.</STRONG>

I didn't complain on you, I considered it but reacted the conclusion that your dwarf fit in quite well.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

Name: Jakob Schidtmit
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Weight: 110 lbs
Allergic to: Milk
Class: CQB (Close Quarters Combat/Hand to Hand)
Items: A leather satchel, inside is a sandwich wrapped in paper (X4), a pen and pencil, and a sketchpad. A shortsword in a sheath strapped on the left hip, a white t-shirt and denim pants, a tazer (ran out of batteries)
Feats: Schizofrenic (One is a deadly killer, the other is calm and clever, another is reckless, and the last is cowardly.) (+10), Antisocial (+5), Attractive (-5), Smart (-5), Been in the war (-5), Well-spoken (-3), Used to chaos (-2)
So I get five starting points, plus 15 for being schizophrenic and antiscoial, so that makes 20.

How my character got here:
Jakob drank from a well while hiking in the woods near modern day Manila, he blacked out and when he woke up, there was this man in full plate armor staning in front of him, fortunately, he had no weapons drawn, and his 'killer' personality took over, he drove the tazer into his neck and drained the batteries, he then took his shortsword and ran off, then he was attacked by wolves, fortunately, his 'cowardly' side had taken over, he stumbled into the clearing that had the house, he is currently making a lot of noise while running to the house.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Bien ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »

I wonder...  If I were to take the schizophrenic feat, and then one of my alternate personalities also took it, how many extra points would I get?

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »

I believe the point bonus would only apply to that personality. Theoretically, you could have dozens of personalities who each have different skill sets. however, remember that events are dictated by the GM, so say, when you needed your uber action-hero personality, you swap to your 'make love, not war' sissie personality.

Overall, probably not a good idea.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>It might just be me, but I think we should keep this rather limited and sane.
I don't have much against chaos, but this thread has the potential to actually be deep and serious.
If you want chaos I suggest go play TACTICUS.
</STRONG>

You make a scientwitch character with a laptop spellbook and you expect everyone else to create 'deep and serious' characters?  I'm not seeing the logic here...

In any case, Ludge isn't really working out the way I'd thought of him.  Feel free to place the [EXPENDABLE] tag on him.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 12:53:00 am »

Alright, I see there has been some discussion while I was gone.
First of all, the laser eyes feat thing; I have a perfect way to incorporate in the story. It is not as overpowered as you might think, since I am going to limit those superpowers anyway.
Anyway, I agree with the character limit; for now, nobody can join until someone dies ( with most likely will be Ludge ).

And for the schizophrenic feat, Impending Doom is right. While in panic, you might find yourself having the most worse personality instead of whatever courageous hero you normally are.
Notice I will be updating the story in about eight hours. Sorry guys, but I have school, you know.  :(

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 09:14:00 am »

Ok, so what character count did we end up on?

1 smart troll
1 paranoid elf
1 scientific witch
1 superman (still wondering how you can fit that into a classic fantasy setting...)
1 old-school hammerdwarf
1 anthropomorphic coyote rouge
1 time travelling Chuck Norris (I'd bee much more comfortable whit this character if it was from the same age as everyone else, just drop the Tazer and change the other stuff to the medieval equivalent (T-shit to tunic etc.))

Ok, that's 7, a bit in the high end but it'll do as a compromise.

Also please don't kill of Viripop, I think I hav't had that much fun in ages.

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 09:32:00 am »

How about changing the tazer to a wand of lightning (one charge)? And what is the equivalent of pants? Leggings? And my character did not travel back in time, he just drank from a well and blacked out, the well is possibly a portal to an alternate dimension.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Bien ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 09:41:00 am »

Torphin woke up screaming. Violently, he began to shake, but as he tried, he felt the strong grip of straps on him. He was strapped down? HE WAS STRAPPED DOWN!
Then, he tried to open his eyes to see where he was. Was that bloody man in his head playing tricks again? Bad move.
An overwhelming feeling of pain took the better of him, and he started to yell in anguish. His eyes felt as if they were blistering after being putted into a pool of lava or something. He began to yell.
"AAAAH! DAMNIT! WHAT IS THIS! RELEASE ME, MOTHERFUCKING-"
Even more violently, he began to shake around in an attempt to remove the straps. After several friction wounds, which fueled his anger even more, he began to kick around, almost resulting into his feet breaking on what was apparently a metal wall.
He continued to struggle for different minutes until his calmness began somewhat to return.
"WHERE THE FUCK AM I!"
He tried to lift his neck, which was the only bodypart not strapped onto whatever he was strapped onto anyway.
Silence returned, and Torphin began to feel uncomfortable. A small spark of fear, perhaps? He began to realise how hardly the room he was in smelled. The unpleasant odeur of mold and filth began to fill his nose.
Then, he heard a door open.

"I say we start scanning the entire house." suggested Virvipop "I might be able to collect interesting knowledge of this house. I am no expert on the field of house building, but I am pretty certain we can deduct the year it was built in, and for what type of person if we can identify it's structure and materials."
"I say we just take a random door and hope for the hell of it they are no bloody humans with swords in them."
"I wouldn't care that much about swords! We have magic."
"Yeah," Ludge commented, "can't you wizards shoot fireballs or nifty things like that?"
"Fireballs? What is that for stupid stereotypical nonsense? How should I able to even ignite fire, let alone produce the energy to consistantly let the fireball burn? Do you realise the amount of joules that go into that, would require me to-"
"Alright, alright. I got the point. Why the hell did I hear you ignite fire back when we met you, then?"
"I did not."
"What?"
"No, she didn't" said Rocc "she didn't cast a spell at all."
"Then why did I hear something ignite?"
"You heared something ignite?"
"Yes. Didn't you?"
"No. Tell me, this could be interesting, how hard was the sound. How far would you measure it's origin of location if you consider the velocity in this moldy air?" Virvipop curiously asked.
"It was quite... faint... if that is what you were asking."
"I see."
"Well," Rocc unpatiently started, "I suggest we get going. This house won't be explore itself, you know."
And so, the three returned to the hallway.
"You suggested we took a random door?" asked Virvipop. "That does not seems to be a very bright idea. Laying our fate in the hands of randomness?"
"What do you want to do, then?"
"I suggest we take the first door to the left, and work our way up. One is a nice number." and before anyone could react to this sudden suggestion, Ludge added "A prime number. I like prime numbers."
"You suggest to just take any prime number that is closest to zero?"
"If that succubus is playing with us, it seems likely she won't be setting up anything fatal within the first door." ( Smart Feat )
Astonished, Virvipop and Rocc looked at Ludge.
"I didn't looked at it that way. You mean she will make things more dangerous as the amount of doors progress?"
"Indeed."
"Very well then. That could be a viable hypothese. Let us go in there then."

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 09:50:00 am »

Y'know, this really isn't going to be a deep and serious thread...  It's just not gonna happen.  For instance, soon as Ludge kicks the bucket, I'll ask for a berserker halfling, a zombie hunter with a shotgun, or possibly a himbo.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

What? Seriously, the first still seems plausible, the second seems just incredibly unlikely ( unless he carries a primitive dwarven gun ) and the third I will just downright refuse.

EDIT: Oh, apparently, the word Himbo means something completely different then what I thought. Nevermind.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 10:09:00 am »

Urist Olokdomil woke up in what was apparently a corridor of some sort.
"Ah, me head!"
Even though his head was nowhere near anything that could ever be measured as beautiful, he knew atleast he had some proper brains in it. Those brains survived wars, what he could not say for countless of the brains of his 'mates'.
"Wher' the hell did I end up this time?"
Before him, a long corridor stretched out. Even though he was a dwarf and was somewhat adapted to dark areas, this one had no lighting what so ever, making it near impossible to see anthing.
The only thing he could hope for once he started walking that he was going to the right direction, wherever the right direction led.
He quickly understood that he was in some sort of an old house. The creaky old planks on the floor and the crumbling walls made him realise he was in a  very old house indeed.
"Ay! Anyway ova there?"
The only thing he could hear were some squeeks. He sighed and continued his pace. Then, he heard a scream.

"What the hell!"
Jakob Schidtmit was running towards the old home, assuming it was an old abandoned house in which he could easily shelter for the night.
After a very unlikely turn of events, it seemed that he was nolonger anywhere near Malina. He would not be surprised if he was nowhere near Earth anymore.
When he approached the house, some very strange things happened. First of all, he heard some screaming in the - what he assumed to be abandoned - house. Next to that, a large winged creature swoop down on him, knocking him over.
He did not seem to have any wounds at all, but since he was not going to let whatever that creature was hit him another time, he began to run in blind fear, causing him to fall over different times, and unluckily, on different velocities. After running for different minutes, he fatally fell over a uncovered root.
"AAH! My foot!"
He crawled back up, fearing the worst as he felt he could not put weight on his right foot.
Very cautiously, he tried to balance on it.
"Shi... that's definitely a sprain."

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10