Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18555 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 09:58:00 am »

I would also like to add that Ludge really is smart.  Or at least unnaturally clever.  He is, of course, hounded by the racial prejudice of "all trolls are stupid", but he is cunning enough to use it to his advantage.

He doesn't particularly care about anyone but himself...  He does what needs doing to further his own goals, and he's damn good at what he does.  Like most trolls, he is capable of eating just about anything without adverse effects...  

So, if you wouldn't mind, tone down the frightened/stupid aspect a wee bit and don't make him spend too much time picking apart fully edible corpses.  I suppose I should've said all this earlier, but it didn't occur to me.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

This sounds fun. I'd join, but last time I participated in a forum game it turned into THIS...  Yeah, that was a while back.  :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »

Ok Kagus. I just figured seeing blood on the doors, swarms of insects who devour entire humans and the premise of a succubus killing you was scary enough.        :D

Virvipop woke up in front of the house.
What happened? Were was she?
She looked up in the sky. A full moon, high in the sky. That meant it was almost midnight. Although, she had to consider the area in were she was. But it was unlikely she was that far away from home.
She made some calculations and came onto the conclusion that it was around 23:48, possible already after midnight.
( Smart )
With that figured out, she tried to recall what she did before she fell asleep.
She remembered a potion. Ah yes, a potion, a very good one indeed. A potion of intelligence. Not that she needed it. Just a little test.
She remembered the exact portions; 1/3 frog, 1/3 aloe vera leaves and 1/3 rattus rattus tails. She drank it while it was still fresh to experiment on the potion's powers. The only thing she could remember was that she fell asleep a lot earlier then usual.
A strange side effect. One that should not have occured.
Well, how did she end up here then?
She looked at the house. An old and crummy one. Located in the middle of nowhere. This had either been a farmer's house or some weird nature freak.
She took out her Talking Book.
"Talking Book!"
"Yes, Virvipop? How can my knowledge be of service to you?"
"Do you know were we are?"
The spirit rose out of the talking book briefly to look around.
"Hmm. Judging by the fauna and temperature overnight, and considering it is still winter, we are somewere in the Foxwright strip. Judging by the geology, somewhere north of the foxwright strip."
"Ah yes, I should have known. Can you recall what happened in the last 24 hours?"
"No. My memory seems to be blockaded. Strange. I have never experienced this before."
"That means someone has been fumbling with you. Or their is a large source of magic in the area. It seems likely, thus, that whoever brought us here has knowledge of magic." ( Smart feat )
"That could very well be. The north parts of the Foxwright strip are very popular with runaway magicians."
"Yes, I know. Any advice on what we should do?"
"Their seems to be no other choice then going inside, mylady. Survival chances are less then 7 procent outside. And then I have not added the possible threat of wildlife."
"You are right. Let us go in."
Virvipop approaches the house.

Kagus, I do want to add that it is not because Ludge talks seemingly stupid, that he is. It might just be a troll dialect or something. I will try to tome it down a little bit for you, though.

Rocc woke up nervously, immediately grabbing his knife in case somewhere was out there. ( Paranoid )
"Ludge!" he whispered. "Ludge! Wake up!"
"What? Wha-? Oh. It's you. Why do you wake up Ludge? We need sleep for tomorrow!"
"I heard something! I swear!"
"So? There are other evil people in this house. They move to, you know."
"Upset, he turned himself on his other side, back towards Rocc."
"I am sure it was the door!"
Ludge sighed.
"You are absolutely sure?"
"Absolutely."
Ludge thought for a few seconds.
"Ok, we go down in the round room to listen. If their is no sound, we go back up. If their is sound, we go have a look. But you go first!"
"Alright."
Rocc and Ludge stood up and went down, sneaking.
They made surprisingly little sound, and by the time they were in the round room, complete silence had returned.
Then, they heard a small hiss. Luckily, not the sound of a snake. No, more the sound of a flame burning skin away.
Ludge nodded.
"Ok, you go first." he whispered.
"Uhm... yeah. I mean. Maybe not? We could go back."
Ludge raised the register of his voice a bit.
"YOU. GO. FIRST."
"Alright, alright. But you keep me covered, right?"
Ludge didn't nod, which made him even more nervous, but he readied himself to open the door anyway.
"One. Two. Three."
Incredibly fast, Ludge opened the door, pushed Rocc in the corridor, then putted a small rat bone between the handle and the door. He had recognized the type of mechanisms it used, and luckily for him, they could easily be blockaded.
( Smart Feat + Fast Feat )
He heard a small shriek from Rocc.
Then, some whispers from a woman. The nature spirit? Not possibly the succubus!
Very carefully, he looked through the keyhole, leaving a few centimeters between his eyes and the keyhole to ensure nothing poked his eye out. Just to be sure.
A witch. Damnit. Silently, he walked backwards towards the staircase, when Rocc suddenly knocked on the door.
"Ludge! Get me back in, you traitor! She's not one of them."
Ludge froze on the spot. Oops.
He removed the rat bone, and Rocc and the unknown woman came back in.
"What the hell was that all about?"
"Ludge has survival instincts. Rather you then Ludge."
"I am dissappointed in you, Ludge! I thought I could sort of trust you."
Ludge looked at Rocc's eyes. He faked some remorse in his face.
He knew that Rocc would stab him in the back to if his life depended on it.
An unpleasant silence filled the room.
"So... who is the woman?" Ludge asked.
"I am Virvipop. Pleased to meet you. Ludge."
She did not seem to intend to shake hands. Not that he could blame her in such an akward situation.
"You met Rocc?"
"Ah yes. A little paranoid fellow, isn't he? Started screaming things about filthy demonslut and whore of Satan."
She looked meaningfully at Rocc.
"Well..."
"But enough chit-chat. It is time you tell me some facts."
"Facts?"
Rocc frowned.
"FACTS!"
"SSH!" Ludge gestured.
"Their is a reason I thought you were a- well..."
"Filty demonslut and whore of satan?"
"Well yes! Those! Seriously! I was scared! Why should I trust you anyway? You could still be sent out by the succubus!" ( Paranoid Feat )
"Quit it, you two!" Ludge threateningly said. "If you continue to argue, I'll find my own way. You two are nothing but hassle."
"Well, excuse me." Virvipop replied with a slight tone of sarcasm.
"What are you doing here, woman?"
"I woke up here at somewhere around midnight, 23:48 exactly. That is - Talking Book?"
"Yes mylady?"
"What is that?" Ludge asked.
"That's a Talking Book of Moving Images and Knowledge. Very useful. And you are going to keep your hands off it, troll. How long have I been here, Talking Book?"
"Three minutes, mylady."
Ludge, who had been looking curiously at the Talking Book, replied clearly offended.
"You don't speak to me like that!"
"BOYS" Rocc intervened "Well, boy and girl. Atleast I think girl, ( Manly Woman Feat ) Ludge was right. Don't argue. We'll tell you why we are so tense.
If you tell us your 'facts'."
Clearly astonished by this sudden intervention, both Ludge and Virvipop remained silent.
"Let us go to the attic to talk this out."
And so, the three victims of the succubus' plot told eachother what they knew.
"A succubus, you say? Interesting. I always wanted to meet one."
"You always wanted to meet one? Are you mad? This succubus is trying to kill us!"
"Yes, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! You would not understand, you do not see the importance in this for science."
Ludge sniffed.
"Ludge knows little about science, but he still is smart. Ludge knows how to survive without fancy tricks and doodads, like that Talking Book of yours is."
Clearly upset by Ludge's comment, she continued.
"Demon magic is a very popular, but dangerous art of science. Little is yet known, so much is still to be uncovered! Think of the applications it could have!"
"Think of the applications the succubus could have to us! It is trying to kill us! It won't be trying to hit you with a spoon while you interrogate it about it's magic! It will be ripping open your flesh! Sucking your blood!"
Ludge and Virvipop looked strangely at Rocc.
"It will not hesitate to torture you! It will probably want our organs to experiment with herself, and she will make us suffer extreme pains just for her enjoyment! And then I am not talking about her servants! They will-. What?"
"Uhmm?"
"Ok, I got carried away."
"Great, but I think we can all agree we atleast have to find the source of magic, don't we?"
Ludge and Rocc nodded.
"Where shall we start looking?"

Where shall Ludge, Rocc and Virvipop go now?

EDIT: Typos.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 01:31:00 pm »

YOU ARE AMAZING!   :D

That was AWESOME, an injection of pure glee!

You are doing her PERFECTLY!

BEYOND QUALITY!   :D

I WANT MORE!

Edit:
Really, I literally laughed so much it hurt!

Oh, and Virvipop would want to go methodically from door to door and scan and holo-photograph everything into the book for analysis, I asume.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

quote:
YOU ARE AMAZING!

[ego] I am so going to add that into my signature [/ego]
Seriously, I am flattered. I could really imagine how you saw Virvipop.
Looks like I am really going to have some fun with her. I see a bright future of hilarious arguments between those three.   :D

I will be writing another piece tomorrow, so Ludge and Rocc have plenty of time to say what they want to do now. Be creative. Something that just popped into my mind was to go back asleep and venture out into the wilderness again. Which would really mess up the story in a way. Or maybe I have an idea to stop you from doing that... *maniac laughter*

EDIT: Flattereed? XD

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »

Name: Torphin
Race: Humanish
Size: 5'7"
Weight: 130lb
Allergic to: Dairy products
Items brought with him/her: Clothing, dried, salted meat, and a loaf of bread
Class: Wandering Destroyer of Too Much
"Feats": Laser eyes, can fly, sees things, smelly, antisocial, reckless, unorganized, troubling secret, paranoid, hairy, ugly, faithless, stoic, muscular, bad sense of humor, used to chaos

Note: Will always take the most chaotic/destructive action possible

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jack A T ]

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

I would like to point out that they are in the attic. The walls are too hard to be stepped through.

Meh, I know what you meant. Any door at the left is ok?

EDIT: Woah, someone joined while I was editing. Now there are four victims.

Even better, it seems he has taken the superman powers. I should notice that noone can use them now anymore. Meh.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »

Edit: Nope.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jack A T ]

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »

Left

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

*checks thread for updates* *waits five min* *checks thread for updates* *waits five min* *checks thread for updates* *waits five min* *checks thread for updates* *waits five min* *checks thread for updates* *waits five min* *checks thread for updates* *goes mad*
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

Name: Urist Olokdomil
Race: Dwarf
Size: 5' 1"
Weight: 280 Lbs
Allergic to: Cats/Felines
Items brought with him/her:
    Armor-Steel Plate mail, graves, chain head covering, shield.
    Weapons- Sky blue hammer with spikes of what seem like rock, or a rusted metal.
    Equipment- Torches, some rope, and a pickaxe.
Class: Hammerdwarf
"Feats":
Positive- Muscular, Stoic, Been in the war
Negative- Faithless, Ugly, Schizophrenic

Description/Psychoanalysis: Urist is a dwarf, scarred in both body and mind, no doubt a veteran of wars commonly fought by Dwarves against evil hidden inside earth, and those started by greedy Humans or bloodlust Orcs. He stands shorter than a grown man, but taller than a child. His back hunches in a small, but grotesque manner, making his face seem like it was just slapped onto a torso and called good. His eyes are grey, and prancing as if he is always in a struggle against his inner self. He talks in a mumble at times, to what seems like noone.

A short, heavy man, typically called a dwarf, is found in a small corridor in the search. He introduces himself as Urist, a Dwarf of the Wheel clan, and offers to join them if they will agree not to ask too many questions as to why he is here.

Note: I guess this is really all that's required, no?

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

Name: Larika
Race: Valtan (Anthropormorphic coyote race of BOTG:RP fame)
Size: 1.7m
Weight: 61Kg
Allergic to: alcohol(the drinking kind)
Items brought with him/her: Short Sword (somewhat like a Roman Gladius), throwing knives, salamander-scale breastplate (immune to fire), emerald glasses(she's nearsighted), lock-picking kit, Star-Stone(Light source)
Class: Bounty Huntress
"Feats":
Positive: Smart, Good aim, Fast
Negative: Faithless, Troubling Secret, Antisocial

EDIT: 'Humanoid' implies plantigrade feet and lack of a tail, neither of which applies. Fixed.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 06:51:00 pm »

It might just be me, but I think we should keep this rather limited and sane.
I don't have much against chaos, but this thread has the potential to actually be deep and serious.
If you want chaos I suggest go play TACTICUS.

My suggestion is we keep the number of characters down to maybe 4-5, and try to keep them whiting the classic fantasy setting (meaning no lasers and magic items should be rare (Viripops book is her most valuable possession, and she's an dedicated magic user), but above all keeping it somewhat balanced and in a single setting)
Basically, the superman of chaos out and according to this principle also the coyote, but I'm weak for furries so if it was my personal choice I'd let her stay but at least limited to ONE magical thing (the breastplate OR the light gem OR the box)

This is just suggestions and sorry if I seem a bit confused.
This isn't meant as some assault on the players in question but it's just that I had a perfect situation and reading it made me genuinely happy, and I don't want some popular culture reference whit laser eyes or other out-of-place stuff to ruin that, nor do I want to have 50 people crowding the house so nobody can make themselves heard.  :(

If the demand is so big why can't Asheron have two RPs going at the same time?

sorry for the rant. [/rant]

So when will we get the next update?  :p

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

I'll drop the box, then. Didn't seem like a good idea anyway. The breastplate isn't exactly 'magical'. per se (it came from a creature that is magical by nature.), so I'm not quite sure.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10