Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 132763 times)

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #1800 on: August 13, 2015, 10:53:49 am »

"If you want to leave, take it up with the Teifling."

"Like I am going to listen to him. it was he who almost got me killed."
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 13, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »

"And we still have a business agreement. It isn't like marriage where it is "till death do us part".

Why do you think archfey and devils have so many followers bound to them, even in death?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 13, 2015, 07:36:11 pm »

You hear a chuckle from behind you as Aelynna clasps her necklace with both hands, and a blast of cold air sweeps through the room.
A pale blue light emanates from the necklace as Aelynnas eyes roll back into her head and she rises ever so slightly from the floor. The  empty eyes turn to look at Hatred while raising Aelynnas left hand. As the hand falls back down a flurry of ice falls out of nowhere hitting everyone within a 20ft radius around Hatred. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY calls me a whore. Pray to your ugly demon masters that you dont get in my way again.
When the ice clears Aelynna is gone.
((DM will add the damage))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 13, 2015, 07:38:15 pm »

"What is a whore?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 14, 2015, 12:12:51 am »

HELLISH REBUKE! 2nd level spell slot!

"I follow no demons, whore."

Flames gather around Hatred to fight against the ice as his tiefling blood burns hot fire around him and darts into the ice, striking the enraged bard

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 14, 2015, 02:34:42 am »

1. We have to see if the ice storm killed you first (4th level spell slot since you seem to be counting)
2. Emphasis on the fact that Im gone, you wont hit anything but feel free to waste the spell ;)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 14, 2015, 04:04:16 am »

((How do you have a 4th level spell slot? And how are you disappearing? Teleport, a seventh level spell? DMues ex machina? Or a reasonable tactic that can be explained without explaining why you're using spells that are four levels ahead of the rest of the party, like casting Invisibility.))((After closer reading, I realized it came from a magic item. Sorry for the snark, Aliena. Redirect all snark cannons to the DM! FDB, is that really an appropriate item for a third level character? It could wipe the entire party, easily.))
((Remember, Ice Storm doesn't block vision, so unless you can cast your escape spell as a bonus action or reaction, Hatred will get to use his spell before you make your escape, if he survives. Or is the escape part of the item? Because if it is, FDB, wtf, seriously? That item is way too powerful for a third level character. It can wipe the entire party, easily, and get the character who used it out with no consequences?!))
((In addition, if you do manage to one-shot him, you're in a room full of people who just watched their boss get killed, with one of them actively blocking the door. I wish you the best of luck getting out of this alive, because I'm pretty sure you just blew your flashiest spell. I count three people who will probably want to shank you, and three people who haven't made up their minds about shanking you yet. However, casting a spell that might hit them is a great way to help them resolve the internal debate.))
((In short, check yourself before you wreck yourself.))

In light of the fact that the bard cannot escape until a turn has passed for everyone, including him, the wood elf would like to declare to the DM that he intends to make an action, once the Ice Storm's damage has been called.

((Order of events and actions as I understand it:
1. Ice Storm was cast, by Aelynna, using the Use an Object action, using her Action. She has a bonus action and her full move remaining, but is still in the room.
2. Damage is calculated for Ice Storm. It may or may not knock Hatred to 0.
3. If Hatred survives the spell, he casts Hellish Rebuke. He has a bonus action and his full move remaining.
4. Everyone else in the room may act. Depending, FDB may have us roll Initiative.
5. Aelynna makes her escape.
Is this accurate, DM?))

((Calling it now, someone dies in the next 60 seconds. If not, then they will die within the next 60 hours.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:41:19 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:57 am »

((Maya moved to block the Monk's way out. As I understand it, the events happening are in the hallway outside that room.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 14, 2015, 10:04:45 am »

(( Not going to tell you how I escaped because I might need it again sometime, but I can promise you that it was only a 3rd level spell at the most and 2 sorcery points were used to quicken the spell into a bonus action, by my sorcerer lich guardian who is in control of me moment, and also who is fairly decently high in level. ))   
(( It was the only way my Mother let me leave home without a bodyguard :P))   

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 14, 2015, 11:52:55 am »

((How do you have a 4th level spell slot? And how are you disappearing? Teleport, a seventh level spell? DMues ex machina? Or a reasonable tactic that can be explained without explaining why you're using spells that are four levels ahead of the rest of the party, like casting Invisibility.))((After closer reading, I realized it came from a magic item. Sorry for the snark, Aliena. Redirect all snark cannons to the DM! FDB, is that really an appropriate item for a third level character? It could wipe the entire party, easily.))
((Remember, Ice Storm doesn't block vision, so unless you can cast your escape spell as a bonus action or reaction, Hatred will get to use his spell before you make your escape, if he survives. Or is the escape part of the item? Because if it is, FDB, wtf, seriously? That item is way too powerful for a third level character. It can wipe the entire party, easily, and get the character who used it out with no consequences?!))
((In addition, if you do manage to one-shot him, you're in a room full of people who just watched their boss get killed, with one of them actively blocking the door. I wish you the best of luck getting out of this alive, because I'm pretty sure you just blew your flashiest spell. I count three people who will probably want to shank you, and three people who haven't made up their minds about shanking you yet. However, casting a spell that might hit them is a great way to help them resolve the internal debate.))
((In short, check yourself before you wreck yourself.))

In light of the fact that the bard cannot escape until a turn has passed for everyone, including him, the wood elf would like to declare to the DM that he intends to make an action, once the Ice Storm's damage has been called.

((Order of events and actions as I understand it:
1. Ice Storm was cast, by Aelynna, using the Use an Object action, using her Action. She has a bonus action and her full move remaining, but is still in the room.
2. Damage is calculated for Ice Storm. It may or may not knock Hatred to 0.
3. If Hatred survives the spell, he casts Hellish Rebuke. He has a bonus action and his full move remaining.
4. Everyone else in the room may act. Depending, FDB may have us roll Initiative.
5. Aelynna makes her escape.
Is this accurate, DM?))

((Calling it now, someone dies in the next 60 seconds. If not, then they will die within the next 60 hours.))

((I can understand the outrage/ confusion but sometimes dm go with the flow and let their character do weird stuff. That item will never been to actually do anything like this intill you are properly leveled. He proposed and idea and i liked it so i went with it.

I will point out that you did not care that hatred was able to move, attack and then GRAB aelynna which would be taking 2 actions. same a the 2 spells. aelynna should have been allowed to take her turn before hatred grabed her but I allowed it and I will allow aelynna to do this now. I promise that i won't let this theatrics kill any one, even potenially. It is like when villians escape and they blow up their base, the heros are going to get out but they can get serisoullly hurt.

any ways, I not going to let aelynna use that item to be over powered, and originally it had no powers like this, but i liked the idea that was presented to me so i allowed it.

I will also point out, even though no one could know this with out me telling them, the cleric is level 9. So even if aelynna did just becoem a high level sorcerer, the cleric would probably be able to stop her

And you are accurate how things would play out, even I knew hatred would use his rebuke even before the post went up.))

Now for the ice storm spell

i am going so it only targets hatred, and no one else.

damage to hatred is: 9 Bludgeoning and  22 cold

Hatred is still up and he cast hellish rebuke.

dealing 13 damage.

And aelynna disappears .

the room is left frigid and Hated is very hurt. ((only 5 hp left))

The room is left silents for a while.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 14, 2015, 12:00:00 pm »

The wood elf holds out a hand to Hatred, holding nine berries. "Berry?"

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 14, 2015, 12:00:52 pm »

The wood elf holds out a hand to Hatred, holding nine berries. "Berry?"

((i could kiss you, because that line was perfect))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 14, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »

((Oh, so now we get stupidly high level allies? Fine, I bring up the guildmaster of the shadow thieves to track Aelynna down and shank her. He's a level 20 rogue and has dragon bile poison that Insta kills. Seriously, when does a 3rd level bard have access to A FUCKING LICH? AND ONE WHO CAN TELEPORT IN AND SAY FUCK YOU GUYS, YOU CAN ALL DIE NOW! Seriously DM, I've put up with your shit for too long. You get mad when I do something you don't like and LITERALLY PREVENT ANYONE FROM DOING THINGS, you harass me all the fucking time because you think my character is overpowered, and now THIS!?!?

Fuck this game.))

"Wretched whore! Maya, watch over the others and keep them together. Gawain, you will follow her instructions and treat her as you would treat me. I may come back, and I may not. Steel, we're leaving...

We're going to find this whore and dispatch her."

Hatred leaves the game to murder the DM protected bard

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 14, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »

Once Hatred leaves, Maya is quiet for a while. "Wait, I'm in charge? We were a group? What?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 14, 2015, 12:27:56 pm »

I didn't know we were a group, either. As far as I'm concerned, my mission was to help that child and I have. So I'm afraid I have no reason to stay in contact with a bunch of Hatred's allies.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122