Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 133103 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #1485 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:08 pm »

((Hey, as I said, the Monk has no moral qualms so I'm playing my character pretty well. A chaotic good person would kill the kid for stealing to make sure he never does it. In fact a chaotic good person would kill every person HE conceives as evil and it still counts as good. All I'm saying is that the Monk is true to his CN character. And if the Monk likes Hatred, then even more reason to go along with him and his plans. As I said, good or evil things hold absolutely no ground with the Monk.))

Let's get this thief hunt going.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 17, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »

(( As every single DnD character Ive played since I was 8 years old has been Chaotic Good I feel up to representing my alignment here.
1. I wouldnt kill Evil people for the sake of killing them, only if they were doing something to harm me or someone I care about.
2. The ENTIRE point of being CG is to do what I consider morally right at all times even if its against the law. Basically just LG with my own personal code really. I once had a CG character blow up a human village to stop a plague from spreading to the nearby goblin tribes, even though the goblins in question were evil. ))
"Sure, Ill watch the southern gate then."    
Spoiler:  DM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:02:23 pm by Aliena »

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 17, 2015, 06:57:08 pm »

Spoiler: DM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:59:02 pm by Aliena »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 17, 2015, 07:02:04 pm »

((I think you're mistaking lawful good with chaotic good. Chaotic doesn't care about the law and act outside of it. In fact, Robin Hood is chaotic good, and the guy steals regularly))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 17, 2015, 07:03:56 pm »

(( Exactly. Robin Hood is the perfect example of Chaotic good. ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 17, 2015, 07:41:33 pm »

((I also forgot to mention, chaotic doesn't have any codes. Pretty much chaotic good is doing the right thing regardless of law. Having a good aligned character with their own code that goes against law is more neutra good, like my character Urist: he knew the law, he had his own codes of honour, but as his father taught him, there are times when you must act outside of the law to do the right thing. I even was so well into my code that I got into an argument with the chaotic good character over the evil character stealing from us, and she (f&@%ing bard...) tried to diplomacize me into backing down and staying in character, I told her no. She loses her shit, and says I'm not lawful good, but I do have my own code. She talked me down after she said he loses his share as punishment... And the paladin was still upset, but accepted(because this paladin is neutral good but more chaotic than I am). Still hated the bard but my character liked her because she saved him))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »

Spoiler: Oorr (click to show/hide)
((I'm back.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The elf will help, silently.

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:23 pm »

(( Thats why 4e removed NG/CG, (if I recall correctly? dont play 4e) LG is its own thing but NG/CG are hard to distinguish most of the time ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 17, 2015, 08:58:17 pm »

(( Thats why 4e removed NG/CG, (if I recall correctly? dont play 4e) LG is its own thing but NG/CG are hard to distinguish most of the time ))
((No, they removed lawful neutral, lawful evil, chaotic good and chaotic neutral. I'm running a 4e game right now. And neutral good has thier own codes, but do the right thing, but chaotic good has no codes, no laws, just sheer DO IT NOW, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE LAW SAYS. They're vigilantes pretty much. I think Batman is the best idea of it.

As for lawful neutral, I see samurai. They do what is told of them, be it good or evil. Poison that river? Done. Kill that child? Done. Save the town? Done. As long as the code of honor is fulfilled, its all good for them. HOWEVER, if they break their law, they're disgraced.

Chaotic neutral I see as people with bipolar or schizofrenia (god I butchered the word). In one moment they're saving an orphan from a burning building, only to find out they set the thing on fire in a random act of rage or emotion. Berserkers and barbarians fill this role best. They can be kind and gentle souls until you piss them off, and then they'll fuck you up and not even realize until they stop raging that they just brutally killed someone.

Lawful evil I see as mobsters and hitmen. They do what is asked of thier contracts or they deem is part of thier code of crime and do it to a T. Their methods can be brutal and evil, but they do what is asked and don't break orders.

Neutral evil I see more for the serial killer or petty thief role. They kill, steal and do crimes, they do it a certain way so they don't get caught and they don't do it openly. They cover their tracks often and will even try and stage the crime on someone.

Chaotic evil is the joker. They openly commit evil acts regardless of law and who's watching. In fact, sometimes they do it FOR those watching. These guys are the ones who will rip a guy apart in public and proceed to jerk off onto the corpse. These are the psychotic killers who snap and kill as many as they can. I have yet to see a chaotic evil character who does this as well as my sorcerer who lives like a hermit until someone comes to him for a job, and every night he waits for passerbys and rips them apart with his claws he got from his demon heritage, and then he devours them on the spot. His signature is he leaves the organs and bones but piles them up in the same shape that they were in life except without skin or flesh.

Lawful good are the zealots and the good-two shoes. They can be the most evil sunnova bitches ever but also the purest good. The best idea of both is Alexander Anderson from Hellsing. He is a good person and is first seen at an orphanage helping children, but when he's seen in combat, his methods are questionable and he is visibly insane, with his faith being his guide. He does HE deems as good and what HE deems as right and doesn't bother justifying it, as it is in the name of god.

Neutral good is doing what is right. They know the laws and they follow them, but when the law needs to be broken to do what is right, they will do it. They aren't hunters of evil as much as lawful good or chaotic good, but they will fight it. I see them as sort of true neutral but a more realistic version of it.

True neutral is that one fucker who is as likely as to be your friend as he is to stab you in the back. I see them as more apathetic towards anything, and usually see them as emotionless. A good example of true neutral is treebeard, who has no cares about the world outside fanghorn forest, but when things happens to his forest, he fights back. Not because its right, not because the world is in danger, but because they fucked with him.

Here's the song thats running through my head right now as we're about to take out some child kidnappers (especially since I just relistened to the soundtrack its from and damn is it good)))

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 17, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »

((Hey, as I said, the Monk has no moral qualms so I'm playing my character pretty well. A chaotic good person would kill the kid for stealing to make sure he never does it. In fact a chaotic good person would kill every person HE conceives as evil and it still counts as good. All I'm saying is that the Monk is true to his CN character. And if the Monk likes Hatred, then even more reason to go along with him and his plans. As I said, good or evil things hold absolutely no ground with the Monk.))

Let's get this thief hunt going.))

((in my opinion, chaotic is about freedom. So a chaotic neutral is more about keeping his own freedom. he will steal, and rob but also save and defend he as he sees fit. but he will fight back agaist anything that will corrupt his freedom. Like a evil army coming and enslaving a city or something like that. ))

(( As every single DnD character Ive played since I was 8 years old has been Chaotic Good I feel up to representing my alignment here.
1. I wouldnt kill Evil people for the sake of killing them, only if they were doing something to harm me or someone I care about.
2. The ENTIRE point of being CG is to do what I consider morally right at all times even if its against the law. Basically just LG with my own personal code really. I once had a CG character blow up a human village to stop a plague from spreading to the nearby goblin tribes, even though the goblins in question were evil. ))
"Sure, Ill watch the southern gate then."    
Spoiler:  DM (click to show/hide)

((points to the female wood elf dressed in black and has a dagger that has it's handle shaped like a skeleton, and the human child arm to the teeth with knives..... They are both rouges and can understand theif chant, but thief chant takes a long time so trying to hear if some one is speaking it is a bit difficult, specially if you want to know exactly what they but any ways.))

((I'm back.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The elf will help, silently.

((is the spoiler stuff for the RP session if so,  i think we should move that to pm so we don't get confused ))

((another note on alignments,

Lawful good is doing the right things that is following your choisen rule. As an expample, If i am a paladin but I am over zelous about my religion I can use the rules of my religion as my rules and not that of societies, As in I could kills some one I deem as a heratic or evil because he violated the rules that I live by. I am not doing this for evil mean or just for the hell of killing but because I deem it is the right thing to do. I kind of want to see some one rp an over religious paladin that is TOO religious.

and the lawful neutral is like what highmax said as a samuri. They arn't good or bad but when they work for a master they have to follow orders or break their honnor, So killing a town, poisoning a river or saving a girls life; if done as an order he must do or kill them selves. the only thing that exsists for them is the law of their master.))

Back to the game in the next post
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 17, 2015, 10:33:35 pm »

((I can make it for you, but I guarantee I would die quickly. I'd also kill half the party))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 17, 2015, 10:57:18 pm »

((The wood-elf sits quietly on the sidelines of the alignment discussion, thoughtfully eating a Goodberry.
For him, Lawful Neutral means he doesn't give a fuck about anything outside his forest, besides things that affect his forest.
You fuck with his forest, he fucks you up.))

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 17, 2015, 11:06:01 pm »

((The wood-elf sits quietly on the sidelines of the alignment discussion, thoughtfully eating a Goodberry.
For him, Lawful Neutral means he doesn't give a fuck about anything outside his forest, besides things that affect his forest.
(( okay for the next bit I will be posting in spoiler for each of the different locations.  You guys don't have to post back in  spoilers, This way it is easy for my to seperate the groups and know who I am saying what too,

Spoiler: Hatred (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gawain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maya and Aelynna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monk and Steel. (click to show/hide)

((that is why I didn't Rp it for you and accept Hatred's request. Because I didn't know if you would say yes, because the well being of steel or his would be nappers doesn't have anything to do with your forest. I didn't know if he would say "why do i care." or "sure". I was going to wait till you returned from the wood as the druid you are in real life.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 17, 2015, 11:23:37 pm »

"I'm doing a favor for all of Rosewall. There are child kidnappers running around town and I'm positioned to watch the outside of here for them. I know what they look like, but I never had the chance to bring them to justice, and they're trying to leave today. I didn't get the chance to alert the captain of the guard yet or any other guardsmen for that matter. Hopefully, I can stop them by blocking their escape. Perhaps you could even assist me? If not, then I ask that you let me pass. I can't confirm that they took some children away and that's why they're leaving, but would you rather get scolded for letting someone through the gate here or would you rather live the rest of your days knowing that someone may go home tonight and discover their child has been snatched for whatever horrors await him?"

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 17, 2015, 11:28:17 pm »

"I'm doing a favor for all of Rosewall. There are child kidnappers running around town and I'm positioned to watch the outside of here for them. I know what they look like, but I never had the chance to bring them to justice, and they're trying to leave today. I didn't get the chance to alert the captain of the guard yet or any other guardsmen for that matter. Hopefully, I can stop them by blocking their escape. Perhaps you could even assist me? If not, then I ask that you let me pass. I can't confirm that they took some children away and that's why they're leaving, but would you rather get scolded for letting someone through the gate here or would you rather live the rest of your days knowing that someone may go home tonight and discover their child has been snatched for whatever horrors await him?"

Spoiler: Hatred (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 122