Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 133437 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #1125 on: June 24, 2015, 09:38:28 am »

Search the shelves.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 24, 2015, 09:39:23 am »

((The more is hidden from players, the better if you ask me. Especially in matters relating to PCs.))

((I generally agree, but I would have loved to know this beforehand. I tend to not like those sorts of games, because, you know-they tend to benefit the players who build to screw the party over, rather than those who build to help. Like Hatred, with his maximum in every important stat?

I'm playing a Paladin for cripes sake. I can't even break the law without losing all my divine powers. You think I would have made such a lawfully/morally restricted my character so much if I had known the GM wasn't enforcing any alignment rules? I screwed myself by actually having principles, because I assumed the campaign would be heroic. Now I get to be punched in the face, and lied/betrayed, over and over and over. I get to be the punching bag for the plot, the one who always loses the most-while people laugh at me in OOC, and will probably get murdered because I'm trying to be honorable and selfless. :P Tons of Fun.

...Anyway...I may have to change characters when we get back to town. Or leave the game, I dunno. This isn't looking like I'm going to enjoy it much.))

"What is this potion supposed to do?" She asks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 24, 2015, 09:54:06 am »

((Wait, you're telling me that you don't like the fact that the GM didn't specify anything even at game start? Usually one assumes everything goes if nothing is mentioned. However I do believe it to be possible to negotiate with the GM to let you have a roleplay-wise alignment/class change if it matters to you so much.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 24, 2015, 09:54:46 am »

Take sheathe, then go use the key to open whatever those are locking.

You stick it in and nothing happens. but you notice the hole in the key jut big enough for a pick.
Insert pick.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 24, 2015, 09:56:20 am »

Take sheathe, then go use the key to open whatever those are locking.

You stick it in and nothing happens. but you notice the hole in the key jut big enough for a pick.
Insert pick.

you here a click and another hole opens. Want to repeat the processes?

Search the shelves.

You find lots of plants and mushrooms. You do find a rare plant imfamous between pirate as the rum berry.  Squish one of of these and drop it in to a drink, no matter what it is, and the drink shall contain the perfect amount of alcohol to taste good.

((The more is hidden from players, the better if you ask me. Especially in matters relating to PCs.))

((I generally agree, but I would have loved to know this beforehand. I tend to not like those sorts of games, because, you know-they tend to benefit the players who build to screw the party over, rather than those who build to help. Like Hatred, with his maximum in every important stat?

I'm playing a Paladin for cripes sake. I can't even break the law without losing all my divine powers. You think I would have made such a lawfully/morally restricted my character so much if I had known the GM wasn't enforcing any alignment rules? I screwed myself by actually having principles, because I assumed the campaign would be heroic. Now I get to be punched in the face, and lied/betrayed, over and over and over. I get to be the punching bag for the plot, the one who always loses the most-while people laugh at me in OOC, and will probably get murdered because I'm trying to be honorable and selfless. :P Tons of Fun.

...Anyway...I may have to change characters when we get back to town. Or leave the game, I dunno. This isn't looking like I'm going to enjoy it much.))

"What is this potion supposed to do?" She asks.

((I am sorry That you feel that way, But if you remember Hatred form the party not I.
 I understand if you decide to leave.
Fun Fact: actually there is no rule currently that I can find in 5e that restricts a paladins Alignment. None, what so ever which is a drastic change from other versions.
 If you think I am giving Hatred everything, Check your inventory. Do you see the sword hilt you have. you never question it, never checked it, inspect it- Nothing. Yes it may be broken, but if you question it you would have found out it is a Sun blade. I will point out that a Sun Blade is over powered at this level due to the bonus to attack it does and you can still do divine smite with it.

I am amazed at what you guys don't question. How you people will start looking at something so intently and yet other thing I think would cause people to question gets ignored.

As i Said before, If you decided to leave I will understand and I hope one day I can run a game that you are interested in.))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:01:23 am by Fabulous death bringer »
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 24, 2015, 10:16:28 am »

((As i Said before, If you decided to leave I will understand and I hope one day I can run a game that you are interested in.))

((I'm only really annoyed you let evil alignment players in the game...while also allowing good alignment players. Should have chosen either/or man. I can do both. Not that playing evil isn't fun, but it sincerely ruins my fun to be the odd goody good who was dumb enough to fall for it. I would have played a fricken pirate otherwise.

For example, I posted my sheet public remember? Now Hatred knows all my spells and abilities.  I guess that was a stupid thing to do, right? Right? Shouldn't trust anybody. Lol.

...Anyway, I won't fill this thread with lots of arguments and rage. Just auto my character and when we get back to town, she goes her own way. It's clear this is not my sort of game, no offense.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 24, 2015, 10:25:26 am »

((As i Said before, If you decided to leave I will understand and I hope one day I can run a game that you are interested in.))

((I'm only really annoyed you let evil alignment players in the game...while also allowing good alignment players. Should have chosen either/or man. I can do both. Not that playing evil isn't fun, but it sincerely ruins my fun to be the odd goody good who was dumb enough to fall for it. I would have played a fricken pirate otherwise.

For example, I posted my sheet public remember? Now Hatred knows all my spells and abilities.  I guess that was a stupid thing to do, right? Right? Shouldn't trust anybody. Lol.

...Anyway, I won't fill this thread with lots of arguments and rage. Just auto my character and when we get back to town, she goes her own way. It's clear this is not my sort of game, no offense.))

((I respect you decision. you have the ablitly to change your spells.... you know that right?. You prepare your spells daily and You never posted your oath publicly so he doesn't know your oath spells. He only has the change to change them every level up where you get a change of spell every day. To the point you could just switch all sleep to smite spell and and stab his sorry ass but that isn't your character.

I take No offence with you wanting to leave. Hell In Highmax28's 4e game i read He had alot of character leave for different reasons, From personal life problems to them just getting bored of the game. even in real life, i was in a 3.5 game and From when the game start to when it ended. there were no original players from the start at the End But For 1.... I think.

But really Why didn't you question the sword hilt at all? why?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 24, 2015, 10:35:47 am »

((Yeah, I don't want to be in a game where I have to hide my information from other players, or you know, stab them. I dislike PVP, especially if it's unfair to roleplayers. Which I am, sadly enough.

As for the sword hilt, you mentioned if exactly once, said it was broken, and I don't think you ever said anything about it ever again. I wasn't sure why you gave it to me, though I admit I could have checked it out. Hell, I'm a dense player, man-just have something magically start glowing warmly in my backpack if someone didn't get the message.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 24, 2015, 10:52:56 am »

((Once again, im neutral evil, not asshole evil. Given also with my backstory that I have morality issues where for almost every bad thing that I do, I get scolded in some nightmares, plus given the fact he's evil because of how things went down with his downward spiral to become a warlock and his quest to avenge his family, think of it as a person who was good and still holds some past of his good but the way how he went about his revenge turned him towards a path that gave him the means to do it, but it corrupted him. But he still has a sense of good, but the fact he stopped caring and people who cared about him all died, he's lost all interest in doing the right thing. Yes, he's a hitman for the shadow thieves, but if he didn't agree to aid them in slaying other thief groups, he would be chaotic neutral or chaotic good, as he doesn't respect the law but he kills bad people. Think Jacket in Hotline Miami and how he's a horrible person but he only (save for Biker, Ritcher, and that hobo) kills Russian mobsters.

Plus, I have no intention as a player and as a character to screw the party over. Hell, I get big plans for us that, after a discussion, will probably anger the DM but benefit us))

"His handwriting is terrible, but seeing what I see here, it will purge him from being a vampire spawn without stabbing him with a wooden stake. And hopefully, since it doesn't seem like it has been tested, it will keep him alive."

Edit:
((I should also note that in my 4e game I run, it's run similar to this one where I don't reveal character sheets AND I have two evil characters, but I have an unaligned paladin, a lawful good avenger a chaotic good sorcerer and a chaotic neutral warlock (the latter two had went to deal with RL so they aren't there right now, as I'm trying to take in waitlisters) and it still went smoothly, with Apiks actually being the evil f***er as a vampire. We still have fun and the evil guys are kept in check by doing more unaligned and backstory driven quests as well as other quests that can be done regardless of alignment. Right now, they're visiting the paladin's home and eventually attempting to end a civil war in Tarmalune where vampires are slaughtering everyone in their blood feud over succession. The evil character is involved since it's his family, and the good characters came along because it's righ and the neutral guys came because they work good together.

So when I say that there can be an evil character in a mostly good or neutral party without problems, it can quite easily. If anything, I make us a party of non Mary Sues. ))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:02:29 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 24, 2015, 10:55:49 am »

-snip-
Yes. Repeat again if another one opens.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 24, 2015, 12:07:34 pm »

-snip-
((What kind of lock IS this thing!?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 24, 2015, 12:51:35 pm »

-snip-

It happens 3 more times. After the 5th one you feel a FWOOSH of air coming from the left side.

-snip-
((What kind of lock IS this thing!?))
((ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am going to say Dwarf + gnome))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 24, 2015, 12:52:33 pm »

Investigate whoosh.
Sigtext!

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 24, 2015, 12:59:15 pm »

Investigate whoosh.

the wall has opened like a door

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 24, 2015, 01:04:32 pm »

"His handwriting is terrible, but seeing what I see here, it will purge him from being a vampire spawn without stabbing him with a wooden stake. And hopefully, since it doesn't seem like it has been tested, it will keep him alive."

"We shall see. From my learning, there are few things which can kill a Vampire Spawn..."

Action: Administer the potion

((The GM asked I RP until I leave off))

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 122