Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 133018 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2015, 09:22:09 pm »

"I don't exactly have anything better to you. And exploring has been what I've been up to anyway. Count me in."

He watches the illusory clone.

"Who all is in this group of yours, again?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2015, 09:26:33 pm »

"Hullo there. I'm the monk. If you like drinking, we'll get along just fine."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2015, 09:31:18 pm »

"Perhaps we can deal with those owlbears?"

Cast minor illusion and project my voice with thaumautagy to create a talking illusion of myself before him

"You have seen what we can do. If you're willing to pay, we're willing to hunt."

Pick up the dagger I forgot about just now

"If they were a problem, I would go hunt them myself," he licks his lips "But they are not currently a problem, and so I won't be paying you any thing unless you find the source of the problems. maybe you could figure out why the kobolds keep doing suicidal attacks on use. What you do it up to you. If you head to any of the temples, they usually have a job board for people, or go to a tavern" he said dismissively. The guards go back to business as normal, Burtan walks into the guard house.
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2015, 09:34:02 pm »

Cast minor illusion and project my voice with thaumautagy to create a talking illusion of myself before him

"You have seen what we can do. If you're willing to pay, we're willing to hunt."

"If they were a problem, I would go hunt them myself," he licks his lips "But they are not currently a problem, and so I won't be paying you any thing unless you find the source of the problems. maybe you could figure out why the kobolds keep doing suicidal attacks on use. What you do it up to you. If you head to any of the temples, they usually have a job board for people, or go to a tavern" he said dismissively. The guards go back to business as normal, Burtan walks into the guard house.

Make note of Taverns and Temples for jobs. Also, investigation agian on them licking his lips. This guy either must really have a taste for owls or there's something else going on...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2015, 09:44:50 pm »

Make note of Taverns and Temples for jobs. Also, investigation agian on them licking his lips. This guy either must really have a taste for owls or there's something else going on...

When you saw him lick his lips, he gained a grin, and you saw a glint in his eye. you have seen looks like this before but you don't know if it was from the mention of olwbears or hunting. but you know there s something more to this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2015, 09:59:40 pm »

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have several options set before us.

One: We can take a trip to the tavern and get some information there as well as a drink;

Two: We can go to the local inn and get some deserved rest.

Three: We can go check out the temples for jobs, though I'm fairly certain in this case, our payment may not be monetary but still worth our time.

If you two, Sir and Madam Knight, would accompany us, we could make quite the formidable team, as we saw here today.

And where are my manners, you may call me by the name given to me: Hatred. I must implore you though, most Tieflings do not always follow the virtue they are named after."

Extend my hand as I do another half bow to the lady knight, and after shaking her hand, to the dragonborn as well
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2015, 08:13:57 am »

"The tavern sounds as good as any. You can be sure I'll be able to get information if we went there."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2015, 08:29:37 am »

((so since you all leveled up. You all need to roll for health, so take one of your hit die and roll it and add you con modifier.
And when you gain your new class features if any and it any of them you have to make a choise you have to tell me.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2015, 09:06:05 am »

Calista seemed on edge, despite the end of the battle-she kept sniffing the air, hand on her weapon, looking around for more enemies.

"...Twas probably just a street thief looking at me the wrong way..." She mutters to herself.

After a moment, she turns back to the rest of the group, a bit wary.

"The tavern sounds as good as any. You can be sure I'll be able to get information if we went there."
Extend my hand as I do another half bow to the lady knight, and after shaking her hand, to the dragonborn as well
She takes the Tieflings hand and performs the correct courtly function-a short, proper bow. Then she releases. Her eyes show is somewhat surprised at this exchange.

"Indeed. Maybe this battle was something of a cosmic joke, but it may have brought us together for a reason.

My name is Calista Woadborne. A Paladin of Helmyr. A Warrior of Law and Order."

She gives the Tiefling Warlock a sideways glance, like a curious animal. She knows many Paladins are uncomfortable around Tieflings...including herself.

"...and, don't worry about me. I hold nothing against ones blood or abilities, only their actions-I know some of my kind may be less understanding. I understand, however-for I myself am not...entirely what I seem." She says cautiously.

Action: To the tavern!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:37:39 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:32 am »

"And the pretty ladies keep coming! Your words might have merit yet, Hatred."

Turn to Calista

"I am the monk, at your service. Might I interest you with some carousing some time to get to know each other?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2015, 09:36:58 am »

"I doubt it will be very interesting at all." She replies dourly, frowning slightly.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:05:03 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 11, 2015, 09:47:09 am »

Spoiler: Urax and Calista (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 11, 2015, 10:04:49 am »

Calista suddenly springs to alert.

"...all right, that was no Thief! I detect an evil presence near us..." She says, looking slightly apologetic to the others at her strange outburst. "...and yes, this happens occasionally with a Paladin. Don't look at me like that."

She takes her holy symbol in hand and begins a small chant, praying for the light of Helmyr to shine on the battlefield, to clear the fogs of war and reveal her foes...

Action: Use Divine Sense to ferret out that undead
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:23:26 am by Dwarmin »

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2015, 10:11:24 am »

Calista suddenly springs to alert.

"...all right, that was no Thief! I detect an evil presence near us..." She says, looking slightly apologetic to the others at her strange outburst. "...and yes, this happens occasionally with a Paladin. Don't look at me like that."

She takes her holy symbol in hand and begins a small chant, praying for the light of Helmyr to shine on the battlefield, to clear the fogs of war and reveal her foes...

Action: Use Divine Sense to ferret out that undead

Spoiler: Calista Status (click to show/hide)

You open your sense. You can detect and undead walking away from you towards the river.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2015, 10:23:09 am »

Calista momentarily saw a vision in her mind granted by Halmyr-as if the whole world was one large map, or a board upon which mighty games were being played...she concentrated, and her focus shifted to the city. She looked down, seeing herself (a piece in the game) and the others in the group, also pieces-each being pulled a different way, by many different hands and players-some leaned in the direction they were being moved...others stubbornly resisted the impulses.

She saw a dark hand moving another piece away from her, toward the river, for it's own purposes-and she felt the iron hand of Halmyr pushing her (gently) in pursuit of it, as a man may move a counter on a board...she felt the vision fragment and splinter as her sight expanded-more and more pieces moving around than merely this one game, more movements than she could ever count-flanks, ambushes, dead ends, charges, retreats, sieges and counter-sieges...through time and space and ever other worlds...but, all that mattered for her was this single moment, and she knew in her heart that actions here, now would reflect on the wider game whose true scope she could never conceive. It was the truth of Halmyr she had glimpsed.

She came back a moment later, looking resolute.

"...I think it is likely that I felt an undead stalking about...and it may be connected to the attack. I am going to pursue it. The rest of you may aid me, if you wish." She says, taking off without waiting for a reply.

She kept her sword sheathed, however, and walked briskly, but without causing panic. She wanted to take the being by surprise, if she could.

Action: Carefully follow that undead and try to cut off it's escape route, or to drive it into a dead-end. Use my divine sense more if needed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:35:32 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 122