Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 132911 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2015, 09:55:04 am »

((One question, when you need an new map do you just delete the old on or just make a new one?))

((I usually just make a new spreadsheet. Resize the hexes to whatever you need, and color them in, add text for players/enemies/objects. No problem.

Also, even if you don't spoil the enemy abilities, it'd be nice to know which Orc is wielding a greatsword and which one is wielding a bow, for example.))
((That is true. Anything outward and blatant to see is usually good to know. For example, its good to know which orc is more smashy and one is a mage, or when to know that the skeleton over there has four arms and the other one is two feet tall))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2015, 10:06:10 am »

((One question, when you need an new map do you just delete the old on or just make a new one?))

((I usually just make a new spreadsheet. Resize the hexes to whatever you need, and color them in, add text for players/enemies/objects. No problem.

Also, even if you don't spoil the enemy abilities, it'd be nice to know which Orc is wielding a greatsword and which one is wielding a bow, for example.))

((okay that makes sense, and i will do from now one, All the kobolds have are daggers and the Mephits use their fists.))
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2015, 10:29:53 am »

((okay that makes sense, and i will do from now one, All the kobolds have are daggers and the Mephits use their fists.))

((What kind of a raiding party has only daggers!?))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2015, 10:40:02 am »

((What kind of a raiding party has only daggers!?))
((The kobold kind.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2015, 10:44:35 am »

((obviously, they are a distraction for the real attack. Evil Lords always use Kobolds as fodder troops! It's in the big book of cliches.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2015, 11:28:57 am »

((obviously, they are a distraction for the real attack. Evil Lords always use Kobolds as fodder troops! It's in the big book of cliches.))
((Still, you'd think they'd come better armed...))

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

((Still, you'd think they'd come better armed...))

((well sorry for not being very creative, it is the only melee weapon they have listed in the Monster mannual, they also have a sling but i decided to only use melee. You I could have given them lots of weird things to attack with. Any honestly I didn't think of a reason for the attack I just needed a good first encounter for ever one to learn the mechanics and such and for me to learn what it is like being the Dm for it. I wanted an encounter that would level you guys up, so 8 kobold + 2 Mephits did the trick. With your guys current xp treshold being 600, the xp gained would be 300, but the adjusted xp would be 300*2 if you had 6 people but since you have only 5 it is 300*2.5 which makes 750 adjusted xp. That makes this encounter counts as a deadly encounter. But I would have only send 5 guys at a time but since Hatred attack so many, they all started to attack. You guys should live lol))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2015, 06:34:36 pm »

Break up the OOC clutter by shooting the mud jerk in the face
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2015, 07:46:25 pm »

((which one, M1 or M2?))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2015, 07:46:50 pm »

((which one, M1 or M2?))
The closer one, in front of Hatred.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »

((which one, M1 or M2?))
The closer one, in front of Hatred.
So you load and fire a shot, (14+3). you hit  the Mephit(M1) dealing (4) damage.

Mud Mephits 2, Breaths upon Urax, (3+3). Urax is stuck in the spot.

Mud mephits 1, Breaths upon Monk, (9+6), The Monk nimbly doges the attack.

The monk attack K4 with a 2 handed strick and will punch K1,(11+6) (16+6). Both kobold fall over dead.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Next turn
Urax, (Ur)
Kobold, (K#)
Calista (Cp)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:04:47 pm by Fabulous death bringer »

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2015, 09:15:10 pm »

pull out great sword and hit the enemy in front of urax

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2015, 09:25:26 pm »

pull out great sword and hit the enemy in front of urax
You remove your shield, take out your great sword and take a mighty swing, (8+7). You bring the sword onto the Mud Mephit's (M2) shoulder dealing (11) damage. He is getting weak.
Urax breaks free of the mud holding him in place.
Kobold 5 take a swipe with his dagger, (?or? +?). The blade bounces off of Calista's sheild.

Next ture
Calsita, (Cp)
Hatred, (H)
Carric(Cc)

((Okay so might as well explain a few things while I have time. This is so you guys know you can do it and know how it works.

Ranged attack and spells with attack roll, If you make one  with a hostile enemy with in 5 feat of you, the roll is done with disadvantages.

There is a thing called 2 weapon fighting, If you have 1 light weapons in each of your hands, then as a bonus action you can attack with the second weapon. (there is a feat that makes it work with non-light weapons but not Heavy weapons)

Opportunity attack, they seemed to have changes, as of now with out any feats. The only thing that causes opportunity attack is leaving the melee attack range with out taking the disengage action. that means you can use range attacks and even spell with out causing opt attacks.

Grappling: this is a contest roll. you have to atleast one hand free and the creature can only be one size bigger then you or else it automaticly wins. It is a Grappler:Strength(athletics) check vs a Strength(athletics) or Dexterity(Acrobatics):The person being grappled. When you or the creature tries to escape from a grapple, another contest roll has to be made. You can release any one you have grappled with out using an action or bonus action. You can move while having some one grappled (drag or carry), your speed is halved unless the creature is 2 size smaller then you.

You can shove a creature: you can use you action to shove a creature either pushing it or knocking it prone. this is contest roll, with the same rolls and the grapple. if you have multiple attacks then this will take up one attack, so you essentially do this multiple times.

When you are Prone: you can only crawl and it cost half your movement to stand back up. you have disadvantage on attack rolls, while the enemies have advantages on melee(5ft away) attack roll, other enemy attacks are done at a disadvantage.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:35:10 am by Fabulous death bringer »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2015, 01:43:41 pm »

Action: Hack me some mud Mephit! (M2)

+4 tohit
1d8+2 damage
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »

Action: Hack me some mud Mephit! (M2)

+4 tohit
1d8+2 damage

You swing, (11+4). You hit, slashing him across the chest dealing (6) damage.

Next Turn:
Hatred
Carric
Mephit
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 122