Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 132815 times)

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd(closed)
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:05 am »

I rolled mine and I did EXCEPTIONALLY well. Lets just say at first level, I have maxed out my charisma (apparently)

SEDUCE ALL THE BARD MAIDS!

...lol, apparently, you rolled three sixes, and took a race with +2 CHA.

The GM really needs to say what we are using.

IMO, Point buy is more fair so you don't have ridiculously weak characters alongside Demi-Gods who suspiciously don't show their rolls. :P. That being said, stats aren't everything. Even a bad set of scores can be used wisely by a good player...

Which are we using FDB?

I prefer the rolling of the stats.  So i woul prefer you role them
but i will say if you have anything less then 8 then reroll and if you get 3 under 10 reroll 2 of them.

I think it is more fun but if you are absolutly agianst rolling for stats you can uses the point method.

note on the roll method, get all 6 scores first then assign them to which ever stat you want. sorry if am not being very decisive as i should be.

note to self: make all the bar maids male......
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2015, 11:01:42 am »

Well, it's too late for me. Either I'll roll something better or something worse, and there's no decision there for me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2015, 11:20:25 am »

Well, it's too late for me. Either I'll roll something better or something worse, and there's no decision there for me.
Sorry about that, but yeah apiks and highmax get really good rolls while mashtahcheese got terrible rolls. But that was makes the game more !!!FUN!!!. I may try and balance it with items or something. We will see.

The world and places are slowly getting figured out in my head. hope it turns out well.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:06 am »

Yeah, when are we set to start then?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2015, 11:51:21 am »

Yeah, when are we set to start then?
Nope, i haven't gotten everything i needed from people, i need to get a few more starting armour sets and then that is about it, then i have to at least make the town and the area. I odn't know how soon i will start but i will try and not to talk too long.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 01:20:41 pm »

I rolled mine and I did EXCEPTIONALLY well. Lets just say at first level, I have maxed out my charisma (apparently)

IMO, Point buy is more fair so you don't have ridiculously weak characters alongside Demi-Gods who suspiciously don't show their rolls. :P. That being said, stats aren't everything. Even a bad set of scores can be used wisely by a good player...

Which are we using FDB?

but i will say if you have anything less then 8 then reroll and if you get 3 under 10 reroll 2 of them.

I think it is more fun but if you are absolutly agianst rolling for stats you can uses the point method.

note on the roll method, get all 6 scores first then assign them to which ever stat you want. sorry if am not being very decisive as i should be.

I would also suggest you make people prove their rolls. To avoid "tee-hee 18 in every stats so lucky right?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »

For  the record, I just took the Rulebook's recommended stats and added the racial bonuses.

Quote from: Rulebook
If you want to save time or don’t like the idea of randomly determining ability scores, you can use the following scores instead: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 04:25:05 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 04:17:23 pm »

Which are we using FDB?

I would also suggest you make people prove their rolls. To avoid "tee-hee 18 in every stats so lucky right?"

I would agree but i have no reason to doute  them, their stats seemed balanced enough.  and i have seen all none seemed to be tapered with

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 05:00:56 pm »

Not to say much, but the fact Deathbringer knows me in RL, he can call me out on my shit if need be. And since Tieflings get a +2 to charisma, it really does help warlocks (yes, I'm that stereotypical)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 06:32:14 pm »

*MC sits with his flawed as hell character, awaiting the game to start :3*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 06:43:37 pm »

*MC sits with his flawed as hell character, awaiting the game to start :3*
I'm expecting you to become the best damn character out of us all, especially as a cleric.

I guess this makes us casting criminal buddies

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:21 pm »

okay so it seems i have all the sheets in. I am in the procces of making everthing. I am going hub base so you guys most likely will be spending alot of time there so i have to make it real good. Also hoping to get every one to level 2 pretty quickly.

player:
highmax28
dwarmin
Apiks
Tryrar
Mashtahcheese
Death9980

Waitinglist:
twinwolf
my name is Immaterial
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:02:32 pm by Fabulous death bringer »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2015, 08:34:04 am »

okay so it seems i have all the sheets in. I am in the procces of making everthing. I am going hub base so you guys most likely will be spending alot of time there so i have to make it real good. Also hoping to get every one to level 2 pretty quickly.

The first 3-4 levels go by ridiculously fast in 5e. Assuming we survive them. :P

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2015, 09:04:23 am »

The first 3-4 levels go by ridiculously fast in 5e. Assuming we survive them. :P

True, but i am going to try and get yall to level 2 like right off the bat. and heads up I am not garenteeing i will keep all of you the same level, specially if you guys don't team up. So be prepared and go looking for things todo. Also i am the kind to give special bonuses to people, more fit for your character. Oh and could i get all your " Life style Expenses" it might add much to the game but it will tell me what in you are most likely going to stay at. I need to make a few more characters then the rest i can make latter. I still need to plan out the area around it but i know what it will be. I will get back to you guys.

All i can say is that i might have a little too much fun with the templets in the monster manual. yeah know why BECAUSE I CAN MAKE AN OWL BEAR A HALF-DDRAGON. OWLBEAR HALF-DRAGON!!!!! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? But i won't do that till later

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2015, 09:53:03 am »

GODDAMN OWLBEARS!

Also, I'm setting mine to poor. Are we paying it monthly, daily or weekly?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 122