Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 132793 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd(recruiting)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 04:05:42 pm »

I have a copy of the character sheet back when this was in pre-release (its limited with the classes it released at first, but I can share what I got) and I own the book myself. I'll hop in. I'm thinking on making a warlock, barbarian or wizard.

Here's the character sheet with some junk filled in for a cleric I made (awful, I know).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/li803v66idlrc2g/Asbjorn_the_Dwarf_Cleric.pdf
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »

I could throw together a character. Pretty familiar with the system, you could say. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 04:14:25 pm »

Eh, I might.

For anyone without 5e stuff:

Wizards of the Coast released a free beginners guide, with four races and four classes - the fighter, wizard, rogue and cleric - with a single Archetype for each. You can find that perfectly legally here.

They also released supplementary materials here and here.

For those put off by the "beginners guide," the characters you can make with that are perfectly good - 5e is remarkably balanced compared to 3.5e and the like.

I have a copy of the character sheet back when this was in pre-release (its limited with the classes it released at first, but I can share what I got) and I own the book myself. I'll hop in. I'm thinking on making a warlock, barbarian or wizard.

Here's the character sheet with some junk filled in for a cleric I made (awful, I know).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/li803v66idlrc2g/Asbjorn_the_Dwarf_Cleric.pdf

I'd recommend Myth-Weavers for sheets.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »

Eh, I'll try a game of 5e. I usually play 3.5, but I've heard good things about 5e
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 04:19:14 pm »

Okay. So I will start help people make characters. Any question just ask, we can do this in the thread or in personal messages. I can also do a run down of each race and class.

i think i ffound a reliable pdf for 5e
http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/playerdndbasicrules_v0.2.pdf
if something is in there that doesn't match the rules i have i will correct it
but this should get you started with class creation

for stats I personally prefer it if people rolled for their stats. If you really don't like that you don't have to but I would prefer it.
and it is the first 6 sheets in play, does that sound fair or should the first 6 that showed interest get in first?
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 04:21:08 pm »

Im intesested to join and you know how to contact me

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

You should wait for everybody interested to get their sheet in within a given time period and then pick those which you think are best, I think.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:17 pm »

Okay. So I will start help people make characters. Any question just ask, we can do this in the thread or in personal messages. I can also do a run down of each race and class.

for stats I personally prefer it if people rolled for their stats. If you really don't like that you don't have to but I would prefer it.
and it is the first 6 sheets in play, does that sound fair or should the first 6 that showed interest get in first?

Slightly slow there - check my post 2 above yours :P

Now, what I would recommend is that you work out some of that lore and geography of your world and post it in the OP, so people can build off that. Then you pick and choose the characters you think will interact in an interesting way with each other and the world.

If you're new to DMing, you have to plan, plan, plan! Work out the setting, the plot, the important events and places in the world, and how they might react to characters - especially if you're making up your own setting. Type out your posts in a text editor beforehand, so you can correct grammar and spelling, if need be, before you copy and paste it over.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »

Problem with rolling is invisible castle is down right now, so might wanna just go with standard point buy. And yeah, how you choose sheets is up to you, you're the DM.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 04:29:19 pm »

Slightly slow there - check my post 2 above yours :P

Now, what I would recommend is that you work out some of that lore and geography of your world and post it in the OP, so people can build off that. Then you pick and choose the characters you think will interact in an interesting way with each other and the world.

If you're new to DMing, you have to plan, plan, plan! Work out the setting, the plot, the important events and places in the world, and how they might react to characters - especially if you're making up your own setting. Type out your posts in a text editor beforehand, so you can correct grammar and spelling, if need be, before you copy and paste it over.

I know i was slow, and i know i will have to plan plan plan. I am thinking the start will be in a village/town in the middle of a forest/grasslands area

It is based on forgotten realms if that helps. And i can start helping with character creation now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:42:40 pm by Fabulous death bringer »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 04:49:56 pm »

Well, is there more backgrounds than the ones in the basic set? I'm not keen on playing a criminal rogue..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 04:57:22 pm »

Well, is there more backgrounds than the ones in the basic set? I'm not keen on playing a criminal rogue..

Lots of homebrew ones on the internet for you to use...

Also, working on my Shifter Paladin of Halmyr. :)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=144440
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 05:31:58 pm »

sheet

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=183327

By the way, if a waitlist starts I'm willing to be put on it to open up a spot: I've already submitted a sheet to another DnD game and I'm in a bunch of other roleplays.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:33:39 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »

sheet

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=183327

By the way, if a waitlist starts I'm willing to be put on it to open up a spot: I've already submitted a sheet to another DnD game and I'm in a bunch of other roleplays.
thank for the heads up. so far I only have 2 i think.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 05:47:28 pm »

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 122