Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 133057 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2015, 04:53:23 pm »

"If I were paranoid, I'd say it's a wizard's familiar, spying on people passing below, due to the fact that owls don't usually live in cities, let alone at this time of day."

He sniffed slightly, and looked at Calista.

"Bet you can't hit it with your eyes closed."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2015, 04:56:00 pm »

((I think it's a better plan to stay with those who have the same levels of sanity as me.))

"How many taverns are in this city, exactly?"

Calista notes.

"At least a hundred and a dozen. This city is known for it's fine drinks. I didn't only come for the flowers..."

She move the party into an upscale tavern called the 'Spirited Filly'-seating herself at the table, finally relaxing a bit, she motions for the others to join.

"Well, is anyone keen to order?...I do believe I'll start with the Gakite Scarlet*..." She says breezily.

*For those that know drinks, this is Sweet red wine from a place called Ek'Gakel-a notably warlike country. Costs 4 silver a glass, pretty pricy.

Spoiler: Calista Status (click to show/hide)

Maya buys a cheap beer.

((Is this going to have rolls to resist drunkenness? It should have rolls to resist drunkenness.))

((Is this going to have rolls to resist drunkenness? It should have rolls to resist drunkenness.))
((My character has -2 to all Constitution rolls. Of course we have to roll to resist inebriation, just to spite me.))

Order the cheapest damn thing they have that's still edible.

Oh, wait, the monk is buying.

Order whatever has the most exotic-sounding name that I can't pronounce.
(Ignore  bird because its a bird and not imporant whatso ever)(unless its really close to us)

Urax orders a dwavern ale Cheers (as he raises his mug once he gets it once he gets it and starts to drink it)

Calista get her drink, and a free cookie
Urax, gets a more refine but just as strong dwarvern ale
Monk, before you can even order anything the waiter bring you 2 glasses and a bottle of rum, he says "one glass has rum, and the other has a specially drink they call black wine" every one can smell the alcohol from it.
Maya, ends up with a strange tea wine. ((the closest thing to cheap stuff here))
Carric gets.... The waiter apologises but They sadly don't carry Elemental Sobriquet. But he says they have a drink called Seven layers of Heaven But it can be dangurous because the magic that is in it reacts differently with different people. Would you still like to try it?

To the Party members in the bar
This is an upperclass bar, it looks more like a resturante then a bar, with detailed wood funiture, only booth instead of tables in the middle of the floor and lots of lavish decorations, paintings, fancy wall paper. You can even hear chamber music from some where (aracna check if you want to know more))

"I'll meet you all at the tavern. I have some things to attend to."

Barter to sell one of the gems (Persuasion! Boost the price if possible).

After that, I read the note (PM me it)

You find a  dwarf but not an actual dwarf. You try to sell the deep-green spinel, (15). He lights and says "I been needed another one of these". He pays you 200 gp for it.

I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

"I'm so glad you already know my tastes, buddy! Cheers!"

Start gulping down copious amounts of alcohol and inquiring about whether anything interesting has happened recently, barring the recent incursion into the town.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »

"What sort of bet is that? I'd be more like to pluck a random passer-by." She says honestly. "I also don't own any sort of bow at the moment."

Carric gets.... The waiter apologises but They sadly don't carry Elemental Sobriquet. But he says they have a drink called Seven layers of Heaven But it can be dangurous because the magic that is in it reacts differently with different people. Would you still like to try it?

"Seven layers of Heaven? That's the sort of drink everyone has to try once! I turned myself four inches tall when I had my first glass." She comments, sipping her expensive wine slowly.

She wasn't sure anyone had told the Monk he was picking up the tab.

Action: I'll try a +3 Arcana Check
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2015, 05:04:48 pm »

"I feel you, lassie. First time I tried it was during a festival in a southern country. I became invisible for a day. Needless to say there was much rejoicing and lots of warrants for searches."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »

Maya sips her tea, before taking a quick cup of the Monk's. Sleight of Hand, if required.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2015, 05:10:09 pm »

((Because apparently I'm at the tavern))

hatred tosses his crossbow after loading a bolt into it at Callista. He then flips a coin midair before catching it and flipping it again.

"Ten gold says your bolt can't hit it before my spell when this coin hits the floor"

Ready eldritch blast and ready to flip the coin to let it drop if she accepts. Just as it lands, hurl the bolt
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2015, 05:14:13 pm »

"I once heard a legend about a man who finished drinking his seven layers of heaven, and vanished into thin air. Apparently, he found himself sent back in time five minutes, to when he had had just started his glass.

Some say he's still drinking..."
She says covertly, in her best probably bull bar-story tone. "...and the bar noticed their stocks of Seventh were evaporating into paradox! They are still trying to find some way to get him to pay for an eternity of drinks."

((Because apparently I'm at the tavern))

hatred tosses his crossbow after loading a bolt into it at Callista. He then flips a coin midair before catching it and flipping it again.

"Ten gold says your bolt can't hit it before my spell when this coin hits the floor"

Ready eldritch blast and ready to flip the coin to let it drop if she accepts. Just as it lands, hurl the bolt

"I'm not an archer! Why does everyone assume that?" She says testily.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2015, 05:17:46 pm »

"Oh come on, let's just see if you can. I'm pretty sure we all have confidence in you to be able to do it.

Or is it that you never used a crossbow before? In that case, I could show you."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2015, 05:20:53 pm »

"Oh, that's nothing, lass. I once did a bet with an old friend on what happen to him. He turned into a golden bear right there in the pub. The whole city was in an uproar! It was ship mateys against guards against hunters. Whole sections of the city were burning in attempts to limit his means to escape. Afterwards I heard rumors that onlookers saw a bear sailing off in a ship, standing on its hind legs, holding a lady's waist, looking like death itself."

Gulp, gulp.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2015, 05:21:25 pm »

I don't recommend doing that in a place such as this they'd most likely  kick you two out as he drinks his ale
( refering to the shooting bet)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2015, 05:24:47 pm »

"Oh come on, let's just see if you can. I'm pretty sure we all have confidence in you to be able to do it.

Or is it that you never used a crossbow before? In that case, I could show you."

She sniffs.

"Crossbows are cowardly weapons. I understand their use for arming common soldiery, and for mercenary folk, but I find them distasteful to be wielded by one of my station. That's all."

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »

((lol you guys might be going a bit fast for me, since as i am writing what happens i got like 4 new post that could change what i just wrote. And the Olw/bird thing was way back in the square you guys are currently in the north end of town, do we want to go back and do stuff in the square or do you want to be in this fancy tavern?))

"What sort of bet is that? I'd be more like to pluck a random passer-by." She says honestly. "I also don't own any sort of bow at the moment."

"Seven layers of Heaven? That's the sort of drink everyone has to try once! I turned myself four inches tall when I had my first glass." She comments, sipping her expensive wine slowly.

She wasn't sure anyone had told the Monk he was picking up the tab.

Action: I'll try a +3 Arcana Check

The where abouts of the origin of the music currently aludes you.
"Only being turned Four inches tall?" the waiter says,"Well madam what you got was mild. I have seen a Dragonborn not only lose his scales but they were replace with hair, he couldn't speak anything but celestial and he couldn't stop dancing. The affects lasted for 3 days. And Madam, you don't have a cup of seven-shots of Haeven you have seven shots of it. seven different flavors, and seven different chances for magic to happen". he explain with whimsical delight in his voice.

"I feel you, lassie. First time I tried it was during a festival in a southern country. I became invisible for a day. Needless to say there was much rejoicing and lots of warrants for searches."

"Again sir, a mild case". the waiter said straight faced.
"I'm so glad you already know my tastes, buddy! Cheers!"

Start gulping down copious amounts of alcohol and inquiring about whether anything interesting has happened recently, barring the recent incursion into the town.

so you move from the booth to the bar it self. you learn that the kobolds have been attacking for year but never do anything really. The city can usually see them coming and close the gate before they arrive. No one knows why but Dwarfgon seems to enjoy it. ((dwarfgon is a name of a person)). you also learn that the owlbear problem as died down a bit, only fool who stray from the path in the norther forest get attacked now. ((did you drink the black wine?))

Maya sips her tea, before taking a quick cup of the Monk's. Sleight of Hand, if required.

The tea taste strange do to it being something you aren't common with but it is light and fruity but you still feel the burn of alcohol down your throat.
You try and take a gulp of the rum bottle  the monk left behind (14),
monk: you see he take a gulp of the rum from the bar, but she is acting like she didn't

The monk returns to the booth by the conversation still being on the shots

"Oh, that's nothing, lass. I once did a bet with an old friend on what happen to him. He turned into a golden bear right there in the pub. The whole city was in an uproar! It was ship mateys against guards against hunters. Whole sections of the city were burning in attempts to limit his means to escape. Afterwards I heard rumors that onlookers saw a bear sailing off in a ship, standing on its hind legs, holding a lady's waist, looking like death itself."

Gulp, gulp.

"What you have met Golden Bearington?" the waiter question both surprised and amazed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:30:26 pm by Fabulous death bringer »
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2015, 05:30:55 pm »

"Oh, yeah. Old buddies we are. The whole fiasco was a ridiculous matter. Thankfully there weren't any casualties. Only very angry people for losing their homes. Fellow, I recall promising these fair young maidens a few drinks. Bring another glass for the lady elf here and whatever else the interesting lady here wants!"

Turn to the guy with the shots of heaven.

"Good luck and let's hope you don't turn into a fly."

Take a gulp of the black wine.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:32:47 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2015, 05:32:24 pm »

"This waiters really playing for his tip, isn't he?

Go get me some Jhuild. Extra spicy."
She orders.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 122