Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 133113 times)

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #1470 on: July 16, 2015, 10:20:53 pm »

((Okay, I didn't expect any alignment. I just wanted to dm a game. I was happy getting  good and evil aligned characters. I didn't say anything to restrict your alignment choice or anything. If you really wanted to play a more evil character like a pirate or a psychotic character I wouldn't have stopped you. And I will point out that Highmax28 created a deep and rich backstory. one that has his reason and goal laid out. I was almost thank full i had a paladin because that is about the one class that could potentially stand up to the warlock. Standing on alliteratively even ground in skill enough that a paladin would have the skill to over take the warlock but the warlock has the versatility to exploit the weakness of the paladin. As in, if the paladin was much more melee based then spell caster then the warlock could just keep his distance and use spells. but if the paladin was more strategic, he can use his spell to help protect from the warlock spells and thus make it so the warlock has to fight him.  I intentionally left thing very open to help push my limits of creativity and other skills. The only class that hasn't been in the game yet is a sorcerer, i mean the ranger did show up just the player went MIA.

I can understand you don't like the idea of hiding your sheet from other players in a group playing game. But if there are evil character then you can't really share your sheets.

how about this, If i was playing an evil wizard but I acted like a caring healer, If i showed my sheet showing lots of non healing/ evil-ish spells, then people would question my character and you would question it. I can't show my sheet because it would show my intention.
))

I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Aliena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 17, 2015, 02:54:48 am »

"Sorry but Im unfamiliar with the ways of the cities here in the South. Can someone explain to me who these thieves are and what our quarrel with them is? For all I know they could want Steel for a legitimate reason." (( Palis are gone, guess I have to be the goody two-shoes, or at least as far chaotic good as possible :P))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:56:57 am by Aliena »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 17, 2015, 04:52:07 am »

((Why is neutral being equated to evil in this game? The monk is as likely to do evil stuff as he is likely to do good stuff. The only difference is that he has no moral qualms and is mostly random.))

"I don't think they want Steel so they can give him some candy and let him be on his way. Legitimate reason or no, I don't fancy one of us being given freely to whatever evilish things they can sum up. Besides, what do thieves do? They steal. I can't imagine people in the city are too happy about it. Let's just deal with this quickly, I have some shopping to do."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 17, 2015, 07:10:40 am »

((Maya is Neutral. She does whatever the hell she feels like doing. Sometimes she feels like doing good things, sometimes bad things.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 17, 2015, 08:59:23 am »

((Maya is Neutral. She does whatever the hell she feels like doing. Sometimes she feels like doing good things, sometimes bad things.))

((she also has a liking to kill.... i mean i question her and that would determine her dagger's magic, and well she got the power designed for killing. I am not saying neutral is evil but from what i have seen you all do, you all you neutral people excluding calista has been doing alot more bad then good. But maya has been finding servants jewlery for the last 6 days so that can be counted as good

Oh and quick question, there are 4 gates; the main north, a side north, the main south and the side south. Highmax please tell me where you are sending people.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 17, 2015, 09:01:03 am »

((She also said that it's more for the adrenaline. If it isn't much of a fight she doesn't find it fun. And she's just as likely not to kill, if it might bring her more enjoyment later.))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:03:07 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 17, 2015, 09:49:55 am »

((She also said that it's more for the adrenaline. If it isn't much of a fight she doesn't find it fun. And she's just as likely not to kill, if it might bring her more enjoyment later.))

((That makes sense. But one thing i do want to say is, The more i read my books the more weird build or almost broken builds i can think of. I would list them but i don't want to give you ideas and I am tempted to a long winded rant about how all the classes are good but I don't want to do a too big of a word dump. But i am very pleased with 5e. It may seem boring to some but I am amazed at how they made such balanced  yet powerful classes, all able to be played very differently and still work.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 17, 2015, 10:57:47 am »

((Neutral people are not made to do good stuff. The fact that some of the neutral players do more evil than good is completely normal. No neutral character will go out of his way to go help NPCs because he feels like it. Good deeds in neutral characters are mainly reactionary things like dumping a bit of gold to a beggar that they pass by or somebody requests help. Not many Neutrals will go in search of moral stuff to do. They do what they please, in most cases what benefits them.

If most of the stuff the Monk does is considered evil then you have a wacky moral compass.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 17, 2015, 11:03:09 am »

((Neutral people are not made to do good stuff. The fact that some of the neutral players do more evil than good is completely normal. No neutral character will go out of his way to go help NPCs because he feels like it. Good deeds in neutral characters are mainly reactionary things like dumping a bit of gold to a beggar that they pass by or somebody requests help. Not many Neutrals will go in search of moral stuff to do. They do what they please, in most cases what benefits them.

If most of the stuff the Monk does is considered evil then you have a wacky moral compass.))

((no the monk hasn't done many things that would be consider evil, but for knocking out a child and help kidnap him. That is about it really.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 17, 2015, 11:08:02 am »

When Maya meets up with hatred...

"Perfect, I was looking for you. Several rogues are trying to kidnap Steel and are possibly leaving to get backup. I need to ask that to prevent that from happening, I need you to go watch the West Gate for any of them trying to escape. Bring them to bring them to justice by whatever means necessary."

I give her a description that matched the one I killed before (specifically garb, gear, etc.). Assign the other gate to the elf, and the half elf will go with Maya at the West Gate if Monk deemed her an ally.

With myself at the side gate, all gates and exits will be watched. Once I speak to everyone, watch the exit from the outside.

((If the elf doesn't describe immaterial's character, I'm shocked. Half elf = the bard, right?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 17, 2015, 11:22:06 am »

When Maya meets up with hatred...

"Perfect, I was looking for you. Several rogues are trying to kidnap Steel and are possibly leaving to get backup. I need to ask that to prevent that from happening, I need you to go watch the West Gate for any of them trying to escape. Bring them to bring them to justice by whatever means necessary."

I give her a description that matched the one I killed before (specifically garb, gear, etc.). Assign the other gate to the elf, and the half elf will go with Maya at the West Gate if Monk deemed her an ally.

With myself at the side gate, all gates and exits will be watched. Once I speak to everyone, watch the exit from the outside.

((If the elf doesn't describe immaterial's character, I'm shocked. Half elf = the bard, right?))

((half elf= Bard

wood elf= Monk, Rouge, Druid,

tiefling= warlock

human = rouge boy, wizard

and there are 2 gates that are west-ish, the north west one and the south -west one))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 17, 2015, 11:51:37 am »

((Err, no? What the monk did was actually good for the situation when he knocked out Steel. Steel stole from Hatred, remember? I'd say I helped catch a thief. I should get bonus good points for that >.> . A chaotic good person would probably act like the monk did.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 17, 2015, 12:14:42 pm »

((You kicked a child in the face and try justifying it.

And I'M playing the evil character...

Also, I meant major gate for the elf, I'm at the side exit))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:27:29 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 17, 2015, 01:11:05 pm »

(( it seems I didn't make my self clear and this is fault.

There is a major north and major south gate.

There are 2 side gates; one is north west, and one is south west.

There is no other entrenches other then squeezing through the grates were the river enters and exits the city, but that would be really hard to do.))

The Hatred is at the northwest side entrance

Gawain at the south western side entrance,

Aelynna is south with Maya if she decides to help.

Maya is at the south gate.

and the monk and steel are in the city going by the roof tops.

The druid will be at the north gate if he decides to help.

((and the monk also watch hatred scare the child in to working for hatred. Which i don't think would count as good in any ones book. You are rationalizing you action after the fact.
From any bystander it look like hatred grab the child, the child yelled for help, and then the monk knocked him out and they both ran away with a knocked out child.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 17, 2015, 01:46:20 pm »

((Let the hunt begin))

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 122