Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)  (Read 7794 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »

Okay thats it.

Meet our lord and pledge to him and ask him to deal with this guy. Tell him about his lies and treachery. As our lord he MUST send help to kick him, his animals, and his illusions out.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 01:45:45 pm »

(Wait, what the fuck? So this whole time we were having dinner with wolves and bears?)

Not sure. GM, can you explain what just went down. The turn didn't make it clear. What I think happened is that we actually killed Vignac, and everybody else but Gavin is an illusion/animal, and Gavin is holding our guards hostage. Am I correct?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 01:59:07 pm »

Alright, fuck that guy. After insulting us with a terrible dinner and siccing a bear on us, he is now a dead man walking. We must deal with him in true Breton fashion.

We're gonna play along and try to rope him into our cause and then we're gonna stab him in the back so bad.

Graciously ask the illusionist to release our bodyguards so that we may discuss the matters at hand with some measure of civility.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2015, 02:25:39 pm »

(Wait, what the fuck? So this whole time we were having dinner with wolves and bears?)
Don't forget the zombie. In retrospect, there were slight hints toward their true identities, albeit nothing grave enough that one would suspect it to be more than just flair.

6+ Wolves, 1 Undead, and their Redguard Master
That is what we are currently facing.

Alright, fuck that guy. After insulting us with a terrible dinner and siccing a bear on us, he is now a dead man walking. We must deal with him in true Breton fashion.

We're gonna play along and try to rope him into our cause and then we're gonna stab him in the back so bad.

Graciously ask the illusionist to release our bodyguards so that we may discuss the matters at hand with some measure of civility.
+1
We really can't fight our way out of this, unless we are able to summon a Dremora or Daedroth.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2015, 05:06:24 pm »

No, the switch obviously took place during the distraction the GM made a point to point out that we didn't notice:

As you exit the shrine, you find yourself distracted by the mention of a sload's backside by the Redguard, just long enough that you miss six or so knights coming in from
behind you. They don't make any aggressive gestures, but they also distract you from Vignac coming up from behind you, sword at the ready

The questions now are:

1) Are we still enthralled in an illusion, or is what we're seeing now real? (I'm guessing we're probably seeing reality now.)
2) Are any of these people human? If so, which ones? (I'm guessing the people with names are human. They probably lack a full "order" of knights.)
3) What is this guy doing to control the animals? Maintaining 7 simultaneous control creature spells seems unlikely.
4) What are all these creatures eating? Seems a little odd that the meal would have been gruel if this guy has a whole squad of meat eating animals in his thrall.

And, of course:

5) What do we do now?

Paralysis doesn't last forever. Eventually it wears off. All we need to do is keep them talking until that happens, then stab the caster before he can reapply them. And since we still have no idea what they people want or why they're here, I'd say this is as good a time as any to Talk to these people and find out what their goals are.

Keep them talking. Then, once the paralysis wears off, order our guards to attack. Take out the illusionist first

It's unfortunate that we might lose the chance to recruit an enchanter in the process, but getting out of this alive is more important right now.

Also, next time we have a huge advantage and somebody is very obviously trying to manipulate us to give it up, let's not fall for it, ok?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2015, 07:56:02 pm »

No, the switch obviously took place during the distraction the GM made a point to point out that we didn't notice:

As you exit the shrine, you find yourself distracted by the mention of a sload's backside by the Redguard, just long enough that you miss six or so knights coming in from
behind you. They don't make any aggressive gestures, but they also distract you from Vignac coming up from behind you, sword at the ready

The questions now are:

1) Are we still enthralled in an illusion, or is what we're seeing now real? (I'm guessing we're probably seeing reality now.)
2) Are any of these people human? If so, which ones? (I'm guessing the people with names are human. They probably lack a full "order" of knights.)
3) What is this guy doing to control the animals? Maintaining 7 simultaneous control creature spells seems unlikely.
4) What are all these creatures eating? Seems a little odd that the meal would have been gruel if this guy has a whole squad of meat eating animals in his thrall.

And, of course:

5) What do we do now?

Paralysis doesn't last forever. Eventually it wears off. All we need to do is keep them talking until that happens, then stab the caster before he can reapply them. And since we still have no idea what they people want or why they're here, I'd say this is as good a time as any to Talk to these people and find out what their goals are.

Keep them talking. Then, once the paralysis wears off, order our guards to attack. Take out the illusionist first

It's unfortunate that we might lose the chance to recruit an enchanter in the process, but getting out of this alive is more important right now.

Also, next time we have a huge advantage and somebody is very obviously trying to manipulate us to give it up, let's not fall for it, ok?
1+

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 11:25:59 pm »

Not sure. GM, can you explain what just went down. The turn didn't make it clear. What I think happened is that we actually killed Vignac, and everybody else but Gavin is an illusion/animal, and Gavin is holding our guards hostage. Am I correct?

Sorry that my writing wasn't clear. Achel is the one in control and Vignac was just a bear.

Also, both bears and wolves are omnivorous so they could survive on gruel. Course that isn't to say they did.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2015, 11:41:33 pm »

Can we use restoration magic to fix our bodyguards? I think that is the ideal move if it is possible. Otherwise try to buy some time for the effect to end by talking to Achel.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2015, 09:36:29 am »

Can we use restoration magic to fix our bodyguards? I think that is the ideal move if it is possible. Otherwise try to buy some time for the effect to end by talking to Achel.
1+ sounds good as well
so
1.talk
2.restoration on bodyguards runs out order guards to attack
3.when paralysis

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 08:35:44 pm »

You decide to try a bit of the distraction business yourself; you ask Achel his goals while the paralysis wears off.

[1] While he answers you, he is blunt; not quite long enough for the spells to wear off. "Your uncle didn't quite finish paying off his debts. He owes me some gold, 500 or so. That's not what's important though. He offered me a little hamlet of my own. Didn't tell me where'd he'd get it, but we shook on it."
[4] Remembering you're a mage, you remove the paralysis of your guards, and although Achel notices, he makes no attempt to stop you. "We could play this game all night milord, but this won't get us anywhere."

[2] Despite the ruckus your fight with the Order has caused, the village seems quiet with not one of the villagers coming out to investigate.

Achel gestures his wolves to get back into the shrine. "You pay ya uncle's debt or I'll be owning a new fief. Your one."

[3 Actions may be taken per season, of which there are 4 per year. ]
Count Lacroix expects you to meet him in the Autumn
Countess Lightbreeze has invited you to a feast in Winter.

Spoiler: Known Issues (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Arkwick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Finances (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beren Hawkcroft (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:13:30 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »

Take our guards and go to our lords land to get men to take this guy out. Also ask our overseer about any debts my father may have had.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2015, 08:50:09 pm »

Take our guards and go to our lords land to get men to take this guy out. Also ask our overseer about any debts my father may have had.
1+

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

Question: What is the made out of? I'm tempted to just block the door and burn it.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2015, 09:30:25 pm »

Question: What is the made out of? I'm tempted to just block the door and burn it.

I'm assuming you mean the shrine? Stone. The only other stone building is the town hall.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2015, 09:40:23 pm »

Ugg... I accidentally the entire noun. Sorry. :p
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5