Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15787 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »

Meoboroje crossed his chainmail-clad arms, a deep frown creasing his features. He speaks, carefully sounding out each syllable.
"There... are only a few ways one may deal with immortality, are there not? One has the ever increasing population to deal with, so one must therefore decrease it..."

Meoboroje looked at the other gods.
"This is such as your trains of thought, is it not? I... will allow measures to remove immortality. But you had best be careful that these measures do not spread misery and blood to all, and that they fall sort of a simple genocide."

After another few seconds of thought, Meoboroje speaks up again.
"You do realize that there is another immortal race out there, yes?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:44:05 pm by Powder Miner »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2015, 05:50:03 pm »

"Perhaps a race that targets specifically those who are unnaturally immortal past ten times their natural lifetime, such as through Alchemy or Spellcraft. Naturally immortal races like the Minds, The Caretakers, and the handful of ascendents would not be targeted, however the Minds will require some way to curb their population or an alternate area to grow to before they start flooding the surface. Perhaps poking a few holes in the outer shell of the world would give them room for growth."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2015, 05:51:44 pm »

"I'm not talking about the Caretakers; they're technically mortal, they just have very, very, very long lives. I'm talking about another one of my creations here. Can you guess which race I'm talking about? Their lack of a natural lifespan has never been a problem."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2015, 05:52:59 pm »

"The Automations? They don't have minds and therefore don't really count."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:58:16 pm by Kevak »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2015, 05:56:00 pm »

"Well, to an extent they do-- they're semi-sentient, and have logic. But I was referring to the fact that their population is static-- sure they don't really die, but they also never have children. Why wage a war or such when you could simply do something like ensure that being immortal removes one's chances of having a child? Present a tradeoff: lack of one's own lifespan at the extent of forever being sterile."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2015, 05:58:09 pm »

"That is also a possibility. However that could simply promote siring many children prior to becoming immortal."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

Pif-Ria smiles widely. "A race of reapers huh? That sounds like a fun job for the newly minted goddess of death to take on! And my favorite child has already laid the groundwork for it. A few changes to the Boogiemen, and we can purge those beings who have obtained immortality against our wishes!"

"Well, to an extent they do-- they're semi-sentient, and have logic. But I was referring to the fact that their population is static-- sure they don't really die, but they also never have children. Why wage a war or such when you could simply do something like ensure that being immortal removes one's chances of having a child? Present a tradeoff: lack of one's own lifespan at the extent of forever being sterile."

Pif-Ria giggles. "That is unacceptable silly. They can have all the kids they want before becoming imortal. If we handle this issue with a tradeoff the price should be so high that few are willing to pay it."

(Pah. Ninja'd by Kevak)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2015, 06:46:59 pm »

Meoboroje's face sets.
"...perhaps. But a race of reapers is an idea that can only spiral out of our control and a purposeful purging of mortals by the gods is the antithesis of what I stand for!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »

"Hum.. A disease would be even less of a good idea."

"Perhaps tweaking the recipes for the Alchemical immortality to stop working after a certain point?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2015, 06:55:16 pm »

Raalmana ponders the recent discovery. Was that which he had coveted nearing his grasp? At last, the chance to study the divine in some direct manner?

Act: Extract and collect the traces of divine essence from the Boogiemen. Perhaps this will also accomplish the Artist's goal, too.

Action: using his arts, Raalmana carves a hole through the outermost Kivav, to gaze upon what surely must bee yet unseen by mortal eyes.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2015, 07:23:26 pm »

The immortality comes not from Alchemy but from the power I granted to The Way and used by the Green Starborn imbued with Arcanite.  That they use a power granted by the gods to achieve immortality, then degenerate me is puzzling.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »

"Perhaps tweak it slightly so instead of resulting in effective immortality, they just age slower? Eventually dying? They won't notice for a few eons."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2015, 09:06:37 pm »

Failure. Must recreate.

Use minor act to fix the defensive spires to target malicious intent instead.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2015, 07:00:12 am »

"The simplest solution is often unnoticed. Given an Act, I could simply erase the knowledge of artificial immortality from Arena. Distasteful, but it may be necessary. I would still like to hear the other options we might have available."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2015, 07:09:50 am »

"Yet there is something else I must do."

Listen to the prayers of my followers.

((Also, bumpify.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14