Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15794 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 2]
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2015, 07:47:53 pm »

Well at least the Artist was active, and it could do little real damage right now.

Well have fun, don't strain yourself.  And if you are not going to lead the ferals then maybe...

I will concern myself with fixing the imbalances of this world without creating disharmony.  There is still enough area for expansion without major conflict.

Vodoth stretches out to find one of the groups of wild plants, not bound by the walls and guardians.  Composed of those who had never known control and those who had cast it off, the group suffered in the new wilds, but survived.  Hunting, hiding, stealing.  How clever.

Dark grey storm clouds gather over the Wallowings as a few dance and sing, claws and fangs growing out from the clouds down and around the clearing as water begins to drizzle.

Greetings, I am Vodoth, emissary of life.  You are weak but survivors, free from those who would hold you back.  You are worthy to carry out the plans of life, to care for what matters in this world.  Follow my path towards the wilds, where the great beasts lie, I will reward those who brave those lands with power and purpose.

The dark cloud vanishes towards the nearest extreme ecosystem filled with terrible herbivores, beckoning the wallwings.

At least one made it, Mo'tep, a dancer first grown under the guardians.  She had rebelled, fled the fixed ways of her masters with a dagger taken from them.  Now she had gone on another great travel, this time she had ended hiding from a great beast, a lazy giant which fed on anything in it's path.

Big and dangerous yes?
 A whisper hit Mo'tep,  But not much of a mind.  Watch it, learn, figure out a way to outsmart it.

It took several days but she found it, not caring what it ate, no predators, the thing had poor eyesight and little fear.  An idea formed in her mind, anger the thing then lead it to a cliff, a daring and dangerous plan but a sure way to kill if it succeeded.

The voice came again.Yes. Now look at how you are similar, both creatures born of joy, mud and life.  I grant you now the power to reach out, feel it's mind and engage it.  Defeat it inside the mind, dominate it.

Mo'tep could see it now, inside her mind as she walked towards the behemoth.  Stabbing the beast, running under vine and tree, against the cliff, it falling down limbs snapping and vital life forces flowing out.  The creature rears up, then drops down, confused, then submissive as the first Controller walks up and touches the things forehead.  Green runes flow from her hand out to the beast and down her arm, quickly vanishing into the surface.

Interesting.  An extension of your system Brother Death or something more?

Use this power wisely, do not become greedy or their minds will overwhelm you.  Go and teach the free ones, bring them to this new promised land and tame the out of control elements.  Make a new ecosystem, one which will thrive, a new home for your people.

[Act]Create Control magic; to allow sentient creatures to control non-sentient, animal or mindless life.  Wallowings controlling beasts descended from Wallowings are the most effective use of this magic, and the basic version taught by Vodoth.  This basic version does not require Arcanic bonding and can be taught by anyone who has succeeded.  The bonding requires a mental domination or understanding to be reached.  Runes for mental connections, bonding to other life forms and other related things may be possible but are not revealed now and would require Arcanic crystals.

Controlling more then one creature is difficult, eventually allowing their minds to bleed in and reduce the user to a mindless animal.  Even one creature can cause minor alterations to behavior.  Attempts to control the non-living or intelligent with found runes would be dangerous at best.

[Action/extension of the act]Guide at least one free Wallowing to an extreme ecosystem, give it Control magic and domination of a beast.  Tell it to spread the knowledge to it's people and bring them to live in and control the extreme ecosystems of the world.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:05:27 pm by VoidSlayer »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 07:50:04 pm »

Pif-Ria's eyes light up. "That is a wonderful idea! The Wallowings live so quick there are bound to be many more dead than living! Let us build a place where their joy may never cease to be of use to us!"

Without another word the Goddess materializes a large net and passes over creation several times, ensnaring as many departed souls as she is able. She then begins the painstaking task of tearing them apart and organizing the results into three separate components. Joyous, Happy and mirthful memories and personality features are made into bricks and mortar. All other memories are sealed away in a large vault made of the same Serage that encases creation. All parts of the collected souls that are neither memories nor particularly happy are discarded.

She then takes the bricks made of Joyous Soulstuff, and builds a small tower on top of the Serage layer, just out of the reach of the mortals below. Inside the tower is placed luxurious living quarters, the vault of non-joyous memories, and several soul-brick golems programmed to continue their creators work of separating souls and expanding the tower.

Mighty Act: Pif-Ria Creates the Singing Tower, an evergrowing Font of power on the Outside of creation designed to attract, process, and house souls. The walls of the tower are made of eternally mirthful and somewhat intelligent soul-bricks that constantly sing, both to empower the god who has claimed the font, and to attract new souls to the tower. Souls arriving at the tower are processed by soul-brick golems. Happy Memories and personality elements are made into fresh soul-bricks, which are used to build new golems and expand the tower. Other memories are sealed away in a vault of Serage for the gods to use as they please. Elements of a processed soul that are neither happy nor memory are discarded into the expansive void that surrounds creation.

Act: Pif-Ria claims the Singing Tower.

---

Her work finished, Pif-Ria turns back to Kerikavae. "Look what I made! It will make productive happy use of souls and memories, while empowering me to act more often and spread more mirth on the world! I even saved the memories unsuited for my purposes, so that you may use them as you see fit! Isn't that great uncle eternity?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:52:54 pm by Weirdsound »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 08:01:53 pm »

Vodoth looks down out of the world towards the tower of souls.  A confused look on his face.

Wait, that seems like the opposite of...

Well not really my place I suppose.

Do we tell the mortals?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:03:42 pm by VoidSlayer »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2015, 08:29:42 pm »

".. No. We don't tell the mortals. Also we do need the energy to halt the Kalpa cycle when the Ancient comes. Or flee should that be deemed unfeasible. Although on one hand it's effectively mind rape. On the other, it's energy, and they aren't wasted. So I say it's a good idea. If one of questionable morals."

"As for the Runes, Brother Life. Likely an extension of the system. You appear to have broken the barrier that normally requires Infusion for a certain type of magic. However based on the potential detrimental effects of controlling multiple, as well as the lower energy capacity, odds are is a Infused would have considerably greater effects."

"Speaking of Arcanic."

Gather the discarded memories of many shades into a more condensed area and give it a pull. In time it might condense into something of interest... Seed it with Arcanic Crystal. Let it grow, let the crystal grow and absorb the memories. Actually, seed parts of the world with Arcanic also to speed the spread.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2015, 08:34:19 pm »

Do we even know what happens to souls normally?  Reusing waste which would just dissipate is a good idea.

With a fate like that, maybe you now have something to motivate mortals to your cause.

Vodoth laughs a bit, almost nervously.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:38 pm »

Next cycle I shall bless the world with the potential for undeath.. It seems like a good idea.."

"And no. I haven't a clue where the souls vanish to. I've simply been assuming they just.. Haunt their relatives until they get bored and dissipate. Which is why the world wasn't flooded with ghosts."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 08:50:01 pm »

"The motivation is simple," laughs Pif-Ria, "The more happy you are in life, the more complete you will be in the afterlife! When mortals find out how things work, they will strive to be joyful! I won't tell them quite yet though if Uncle Eternity dosn't want me to do so..."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2015, 08:58:12 pm »

"I think, telling them the happier they are in life, the happier they will be in the afterlife would work. Don't say anything about the completeness. Or the soul rending. Mortals tend to react better to a lack of consequence. They will see that being happy translates to being even happier when they die. Therefore they will strive to be happy. If you say the happier they are in life, the less of them is torn away and tossed into the void, they will probably react poorly. Focusing on the 'minor' as you would say part of them that gets thrown away. Mortals are odd like that." If Death had a face, he would have a sorta worried/nervous expression. Luckily, he doesn't have one. Cause he's a skeleton.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

"I think, telling them the happier they are in life, the happier they will be in the afterlife would work. Don't say anything about the completeness. Or the soul rending. Mortals tend to react better to a lack of consequence. They will see that being happy translates to being even happier when they die. Therefore they will strive to be happy. If you say the happier they are in life, the less of them is torn away and tossed into the void, they will probably react poorly. Focusing on the 'minor' as you would say part of them that gets thrown away. Mortals are odd like that." If Death had a face, he would have a sorta worried/nervous expression. Luckily, he doesn't have one. Cause he's a skeleton.

Pif-Ria flashes a wide smile. "Thank you uncle! Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You are very clever, but I bet you already knew that! I will have my artist spread the word!"

---

The Goddess then whispers into the mind of the Feral Artist. "This is the voice of your mama! I have just made an afterlife. The more joy one feels in life, the more joy one will find at the singing tower that lies beyond the mortal realm. It would make me very happy if you would spread this news through your art my child."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2015, 10:01:34 pm »

Its creator. Her voice was so calming. This joy. Must talk more.

I will do as you say...mama.

Make most of my great arts centered on joy and the afterlife, giving subtle hints that being happier will lead to a better afterlife.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2015, 01:04:30 am »

Raalmana awakens, newly hatched, the memories of Life and Death fresh in its mind. It had a power known yet by no others... it would yet see if the joy prescribed by those above was more than an ingrained illusion. If anything was. But first, an entire world under the sun to behold, and warmth to enjoy.

Minor Act: As it grows to adulthood, it becomes the first master of all forms of magic, pushing the current limits of these arts

Action: Explore every inch of this sun-touched world possible, seeking every hidden corner.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2015, 09:25:40 am »

"Kerikavae. I think I may be able to solve the problem of the raids on your Minds without necessitating some sort of war or calamity."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:36 am »

"What are your thoughts on the matter?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2015, 11:02:52 am »

"Instead of encouraging them to fight each other, why not simply make the Mind crystals unharvestable except if the Minds approve of it?"

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2015, 11:27:50 am »

You could provide pain and madness, or physical corruption, to those who disrupt the record of history.  Leave them choice if their pleasures are worth it.

Vodoth motions for Raalmana to come over and look at some bushes.

Look at these leaves, Weaver of Starlight, aren't they interesting?  All covered in small spines!

[Action]  Observe the ecosystems of the world and show/pester Raalmana with information about lots of different interesting plants and animal.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:33:17 am by VoidSlayer »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14