Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are the Dungeon Keeper!  (Read 2990 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
You are the Dungeon Keeper!
« on: April 25, 2015, 07:23:24 pm »

Oh great and wicked Dungeon Keeper! Your dungeon has been destroyed by adventures, who have slain your monsters, rescued your captives, and taken your stolen treasures. However, they failed to destroy your Dungeon Heart, the source of your power.

Your six remaining mining Imps stand around your Dungeon Heart waiting for orders. Will you recreate your dungeon and reclaim your title as the most Powerful Dungeon Keeper in the world, or will you fall to the forces of good once again.. Only time will tell.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the Dungeon Keeper!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 07:31:16 pm »

Mine west in search of gold.  Carve out chambers for a lair, mess chamber and portal chamber.  Laugh evilly.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 07:36:10 pm »

Mine west in search of gold.  Carve out chambers for a lair, mess chamber and portal chamber.  Laugh evilly.
+1

Also curse the powers of goodness and all its evil destructive tendencies!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 07:45:46 pm »

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:15 pm »

+1
+1

EEEVIIIIL!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 08:04:12 pm »

how fast will this update? If it is more than once a week, than it's already better than the IOS version.  :P
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:17:02 pm »

how fast will this update? If it is more than once a week, than it's already better than the IOS version.  :P
Hopefully daily, but life happens sometimes.

After laughing so menacing and evilly that some of the Imps begin bowing and worshiping you, you decide its time to get back to business.

After a short time the Imps have expended your dungeon west until they hit a large amount of gold. The Imps estimate it to be about 100 gold pieces. They have also begun construction of a portal to the Underlands, so that you may summon more deadly minions. They will begin work on the other requests after they finish the portal. As you are busy sitting back and thinking evil thoughts, one Imp runs up to you and gives you a note.

Troll-Will work for 20 gold and needs mess chamber and sleeping quarters
Imp-Will work for 5 gold
Giant Space Spiders-Buy with 20 Gold

Pretty boring selection right now, but you are pretty weak at this moment and you wouldn't want to hire some one powerful enough to betray you.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »

More imps. Around 5. That'll get more work done faster. We can get trolls when we build the mess hall and sleeping quarters.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 09:50:58 pm »

Ama, you wouldn't happen to play FTL, would you? "Giant Alien Spiders are no joke" is a meme in the FTL community.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 10:43:59 pm »

Ama, you wouldn't happen to play FTL, would you? "Giant Alien Spiders are no joke" is a meme in the FTL community.
2 words... CLONE BAY!!!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 11:05:06 pm »

More imps. Around 5. That'll get more work done faster. We can get trolls when we build the mess hall and sleeping quarters.
+1

Also designate a region to the south of the portal as a living quarters, roughly twice the size of the portal space. Four imps should work on this, the others can continue gold searching.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »

Yes. :P

After your Imps finish the portal, you spend 25 gold to summon 5 more Imps. With the addition of five more Imps, the work starts moving along faster.

The Imps construct a living quarters south of the portal, begin construction of a mess hall, and continue mining out the gold. Without anywhere to store it, the Imps decide to place it in the unfinished mess hall for now.

To the West your Imps have discovered a massive underground lake. In it your Imps see several gigantic aquatic snakes that look quite hungry.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:27:58 pm by Ama »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

Addiction? :P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 07:55:18 pm »

Dig out another room to the east of the bedroom to set up as a hatchery/farm so we can stock the mess hall with actual food.

Then dig out a space north of the heart to serve as a treasury.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 08:11:19 pm »

Dig out another room to the east of the bedroom to set up as a hatchery/farm so we can stock the mess hall with actual food.

Then dig out a space north of the heart to serve as a treasury.
+1, Aye!
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2