Advanced search  

Poll

Who would win in an evil incarnate contest:

Sankis from Boatmurdered
 Cthulu from H. P. Lovecraft
 Sauron from Lord of the Rings
 Other

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map II . II- Now on our Second Map!  (Read 30611 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map II . I - Meso-American Shenanigans!
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 12:17:34 pm »

Just smack 'Kukula' in there :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2015, 11:22:03 am »

You fly over to a place called Kukula Shrine on the advice of a particularly pretty barmaid and visit the fabled Shrine Totem of 'Kukula'. Using the universal language of pictures, you manage to get an idea that the shrine is of some sort of spirit which once enjoyed freedom until they realized that every time they 'flew'... well, something nasty happened to those below. After that, either the spirit sealed itself to the Earth or it was sealed forcibly or something... the Kukulai's reputation of being hard to communicate with is well founded, unfortunately.

I kind of want to draw some sort of Port on or in the lake- not only would be fun to do, but one of the largest cities before Europeans landed in South America was built in the middle of a lake on what some sources claim was a swamp-like terrain. It'd be a nice little tribute to that fact. Thoughts? Comments?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:56:42 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2015, 11:28:53 am »

Needs more Tigrex. Maybe a rocky expanse a wee bit to the east of Kukula Shrine, where some massive semi-dinosaur wyverns inhabit?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2015, 12:58:34 pm »

Edited in description of Kukula Shrine.

Needs more Tigrex. Maybe a rocky expanse a wee bit to the east of Kukula Shrine, where some massive semi-dinosaur wyverns inhabit?

By 'Tigrex' do you mean these things? If so, I could:

A) Put them at Hollow Mountain- something has to cause those mounds of bones!

B) Go east like you suggested and chuck some Mesa's over there for 'rocks'.

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2015, 03:15:19 pm »

After another frustrating attempt to communicate with the Kukulai, you decide to move on and visit Mesa Tigrex, a Tigrex-infested area full of awe-inspiring Mesas and other rock formations. You narrowly avoid getting a close up and personal experience with the insides of a Tigrex Stomach, and decide that these Mesa's can keep its' secrets.

Alright! That turned out better than I hoped- now for more ideas from you folks!
GENERATION 32:

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2015, 05:09:21 pm »

South of Mesa Tigrex lies lake Acmeh. This lake is as blue as the sky, and in the centre of the lake floats an entire city called Acmeh City. In the center of this city stands a great temple dedicated to Acmeh, the spirit of the lakes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2015, 11:44:05 pm »

South of Mesa Tigrex lies lake Acmeh. This lake is as blue as the sky, and in the centre of the lake floats an entire city called Acmeh City. In the center of this city stands a great temple dedicated to Acmeh, the spirit of the lakes.

It also looks like Aztec Venice.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:00 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenochtitlan

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2015, 12:41:46 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenochtitlan

With rivers cutting through it and structures separated by water ala Vivec.

There should also be an inactive volcano north of Mesa Tigrex, called Akantepetl.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:50:40 am by New Guy »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map II . II- Now on our Second Map!
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2015, 10:17:02 am »

Hrmm... it appears you are low on supplies- time to visit Acmeh City, a grand metropolis built in the Center of the Blessed Spring, just South of Acmeh Altar in Lake Acmeh- Acmeh is a rather prominent spirit whose domain lies in the lakes of the world, so it's fitting that this city is named in her honour.

I'll work on writing the names in and drawing in that volcano- the top of the map is rather full, so how about filling the areas to the Northeast, East, Southeast, South, and Southwest?

Those areas are basically a blank slate with the sole exception of areas from the previous map which are continuing from Yaxuun (the previous map).

GENERATION 32:

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2015, 11:01:00 am »

Isn't it time to meet with the gods on the mysterious Pecuatl Lines?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »

bump?

I don't have anything to add right now because my net Is giving me issues on viewing the map so I cant tell whats up
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2015, 01:17:43 pm »

[/

Brief update, I apologize for the wait- life decided to throw what amounts to a real-life Gambit Pileup my way that resulted in chaos between Scouting, my Family, several of my friends and an obnoxious neighbour.

That reads exactly as strange as it really is.  ::)

Isn't it time to meet with the gods on the mysterious Pecuatl Lines?

Noted.
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2015, 05:41:03 pm »

You visit Akantepetl, an Volcano whose temper has decimated all life around it, leaving behind a barren land of ash and sulphuric fumes. Occasionally people attempt to mine there as an attempt to tap into the rich veins of ore within Akantepetl, but very few live long in this land.

After a short little incident involving some territorial prospectors and a few Tigrex, you are forced to flee to the Pecuatl Lines, drawn before your time as homage to a God of Blood, whose name has been forgotten by all who live. All that remain of this religion are Elephant Bones, Mugs, and a engravings of socks.

GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]