Advanced search  

Poll

Who would win in an evil incarnate contest:

Sankis from Boatmurdered
 Cthulu from H. P. Lovecraft
 Sauron from Lord of the Rings
 Other

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map II . II- Now on our Second Map!  (Read 30644 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map II . I - Meso-American Shenanigans!
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2015, 01:34:38 am »

Well, you can resize images in postimg, but Bay12 also has this neat little tag thing...
{img width=640 height=480} or something like that.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2015, 05:02:27 am »

Well, you can resize images in postimg, but Bay12 also has this neat little tag thing...

The example you gave didn't work:

[img width=640 hieght=480]http://i.imgur.com/WJhVVIW.jpg[/img]

Am I formatting it wrong?

Edit: I tried postimage, but it got hung up at either 61% or 70% and wouldn't upload any further after several hours.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:04:12 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2015, 05:03:30 am »

The example you gave didn't work:

Am I formatting it wrong?
you mispelled height
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2015, 05:11:16 am »

Alright! Thanks fixed the post- BlitzDungeoneer gets to decide what reference will be put in the bottom corner of the maps frame!

The other three are references to Animé, but you don't necessarily have to follow that guideline- that was just whatever I saw looking up from my Sketchpad.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2015, 05:14:08 am »

That's pretty cool.
I get what the L is referencing, but what're the other two supposed to reference?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2015, 05:43:06 am »

Oh, and we forgot about the pillar-shrine to the ancient hero Lagon who apparently killed the Giant Ape of the Rorrim ages ago. It is small pillar with carvings of mesoamerican style.

It is located west of the sulphur river, south of the great river and north of that fancy thing in the middle of the map's border.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2015, 06:12:23 am »

We're near the end of this map, so I'm going to suggest you guys start discussing some stuff for the next map- I believe we'd decided that we're making a continuation of the current map, so which way we going? Left or Right, Up or Down? What shall we call the next Region? Are all cultures purely Mezo-American or are there going to be other influences?

That's pretty cool.
I get what the L is referencing, but what're the other two supposed to reference?

Bottom-Left: Scyther from Pokemon (Poketwo has been laughing at you! :D)

Top-Left: Code Geass (Their are people prostrating themselves before an eye with the Geass symbol directly below)

Top-Right: Deathnote

Bottom-Right: BlitzDungeoneer has to pick something.

Oh, and we forgot about the pillar-shrine to the ancient hero Lagon who apparently killed the Giant Ape of the Rorrim ages ago. It is small pillar with carvings of mesoamerican style.

It is located west of the sulphur river, south of the great river and north of that fancy thing in the middle of the map's border.

I'll try, but I'm at the stage where I've got little room left for titles, plus I've shaded in some of that area- fortunately, it's shaded in colour pencil which is erasable, or else I wouldn't have even tried.
GENERATION 32:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2015, 06:19:24 am »

Eh we could move up/north and start on Native American/Great Plains or some such mix.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »

YOU THOUGHT THERE WERE NOT SCYTHERS BEFORE MY SUGGESTION! YOU WERE SO BOULD AND FOULISH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2015, 08:23:13 pm »

Why don't we go north, to the ruins of the ancient land of Tekk Saas?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2015, 08:12:10 pm »

Why don't we go north, to the ruins of the ancient land of Tekk Saas?
Eh we could move up/north and start on Native American/Great Plains or some such mix.

Up* it is! There will still be a Mayan influence from down below since Tanoa and Rorrim both extend upwards into this region, but otherwise I can do a mostly Native American/Great Plains theme. It'll simply have a Mezo-American Undertone.

*Up is actually Northwest, the compass rose is at an 30-45 degree angle to match the Isometiric-ish design.

YOU THOUGHT THERE WERE NOT SCYTHERS BEFORE MY SUGGESTION! YOU WERE SO BOULD AND FOULISH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, you had your fun- no more rubbing it in, understood?

@BlitzDungeoneer: If You don't send in your chosen reference by tomorrow, I'll assume you want a Kirby Reference. Ye hath been warned!
GENERATION 32:

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:34 pm »

Kirby reference it is, then.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2015, 02:50:22 pm »

At long last, you've finished mapping Yaxuun, a Region you've found to be both beautiful and terrifying in equal measure. You now prepare to go to the Northwest ((Up)) to explore and map uncharted lands unknown in your homeland.

After packing your bags, you head off for... *sigh* once more you find you have no clue where you're going. Perhaps it'll come to you on the road?

Alright, so we need a name for the next Region, suggestions on areas, settlements & creatures, and 'Easter Eggs' for the four corners. Overwhelm me in a deluge of Magma Ideas!

Oh, I bought a package of Sharpies recently, so I now have more Colours at your disposal!

Spoiler: Challenges! (click to show/hide)

GENERATION 32:

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »

...I know I said this before, but holy shit your artwork is amazing.
Anyway...
We are exploring the region of Antecl, now, named after our great-grandfather.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

going up we find the region "mira" the rivers source is in the middle of mira, a spring/lake.  the lake is full of docile snakes. docile as in. you can step on one by accident and it wont even hiss. you can even pet them.

the snakes are commonly called "filter snakes", because there scales filter out impurities in the water. this keeps the lake and river clean despite animals and swimmers.

the lake itself is often called blessed spring, because its the source of the water, the water is always clean, and the snakes are so docile.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11