Advanced search  

Poll

Who would win in an evil incarnate contest:

Sankis from Boatmurdered
 Cthulu from H. P. Lovecraft
 Sauron from Lord of the Rings
 Other

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map II . II- Now on our Second Map!  (Read 30647 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map II . I - Meso-American Shenanigans!
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2015, 07:18:23 am »

To the east and over the river, there travels the tribes. The land is not as green as the cities and they are jealous. Luckily they are to busy bickering amongst them selves.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

Wow, that looks amazing!

North east of the temple of life, next to the river, is a temple dedicated to Guaxa, the goddess of fertility. It is surrounded by the small village of Tulum, which in turn is surrounded by farmland.

NorthEast is directly right, so are we talking on the Tanoa side of the river border (Orange) or the Rorrim side (red)?

Directly north of the center temple, on the right side of the river's bend, there is a thick dark jungle where huge purple flowers bloom. No one dares enter there as feathered golden snakes eat any human that enters the forest!

What are the Gold Feathered Serpents called? I thought about calling Midasherpes (Midas- Gold Touch Dude from Greek Mythology, Herpe- derived from the word 'herpetology', or the study of snakes), but I feel like there is a better name somewhere.

To the left west of the temple and north of the waterfall, there lies a great desert.
To the east and over the river, there travels the tribes. The land is not as green as the cities and they are jealous. Luckily they are to busy bickering amongst them selves.

So we have a strip of fertile territory which divides two barren areas? Yikes, talk about enemies on both fronts- I like it!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »

With the help of Haruacatel, you make swift progress mapping Yaxuun- you decide to start mapping out one of the more dangerous areas, such as Scyther Fort and Grievous Glade. You'd heard that Scyther Fort was built atop an ancient scyther corpse, but to see it in person...

After getting some advice from the soldiers at the Fort, you cautiously start probing at the Glade- and promptly have to avoid being killed no less than three time in less than a day. Between the Scythers and the Golden Serpents, that place is quite unfriendly.

Spoiler: Larger Size (click to show/hide)

Generally me, Twinwolf: Your desert and squabbling tribes are next!

Anything else in those deserts that are within this map, comrades?

Spoiler: Cartographers Record (click to show/hide)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2015, 03:53:15 pm »

And yet more amazing artwork.
Edit: Literally just noticed, but that's a nice L ya got there :P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:57:29 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2015, 04:13:16 pm »

In the desert, there is a black obelisk, called the river of passage. It is said that one could use it to pass between worlds, but none have discovered how.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2015, 04:20:47 pm »

Directly north of the center temple, on the right side of the river's bend, there is a thick dark jungle where huge purple flowers bloom. No one dares enter there as feathered golden snakes eat any human that enters the forest!

What are the Gold Feathered Serpents called? I thought about calling Midasherpes (Midas- Gold Touch Dude from Greek Mythology, Herpe- derived from the word 'herpetology', or the study of snakes), but I feel like there is a better name somewhere.

*flips through mayan dictionary*

"Quanpuaqatoy"! Gold/Copper venomous snake! v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2015, 04:46:56 pm »

In the desert, there is a black obelisk, called the river of passage. It is said that one could use it to pass between worlds, but none have discovered how.
Likely because of the strange, yet unseen guardians surrounding it. Anyone who would approach, well most... are cut to pieces.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2015, 05:24:07 pm »

Likely because of the strange, yet unseen guardians surrounding it. Anyone who would approach, well most... are cut to pieces.

No no, lad, I hear it is the magical wind that protects the obelisk. No guardians involved, just magic!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2015, 05:26:43 pm »

No no, lad, I hear it is the magical wind that protects the obelisk. No guardians involved, just magic!
Well, who can tell? It might be both!

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2015, 05:27:22 pm »

the old man speaks: "ye both rights lads. the guardians are air elementals"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2015, 05:27:58 pm »

Well, that makes sense. But how do you know that?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2015, 05:31:18 pm »

I felt there air, and when they ran through my brother with there blades of air, the blood was caught within there bodies, just long enough for me to see there form. I myself scarcely escaped."

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:57 pm »

There are many forts north of the waterfall and west to the temple, where they defend the land from  Swarmafi Scythracki  raiders from the south-west, the  insectoid race and their foul empire requiring large amounts of slave labor  just to keep their civilization running, not to mention the requirements of labor and sacrifice to support the ever constant wars both outside and inside the empire, all in the name of their blood god, He who we shalt not speak his real name until the swarm is worthy of a small amount of time, unless he is angered and destroys us all or Arockanmokannot in their language. Curse the scythe arms to kill with, and their wings to carry them inwards to war!!!!! [/i][/s]

Just use the fluff I put here for the scythers, and not include any of the rest of it. oh, and maybe move the fort to the location described here?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:28:51 pm by poketwo »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

I felt there air, and when they ran through my brother with there blades of air, the blood was caught within there bodies, just long enough for me to see there form. I myself scarcely escaped."
Incredible, maybe I'll... not go anywhere near it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2015, 03:44:02 am »

North of the mountains, there was once a small lake, clear and able to heal wounds of those who drank from it. But nowadays it is murky pool full of amphibians, and people sighted a three-headed jaguar who has a nest in the spring of the lake!

No one remembers the name of the lake today...
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11