Advanced search  

Poll

Who would win in an evil incarnate contest:

Sankis from Boatmurdered
 Cthulu from H. P. Lovecraft
 Sauron from Lord of the Rings
 Other

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map II . II- Now on our Second Map!  (Read 30620 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map II . I - Meso-American Shenanigans!
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2015, 03:22:15 pm »

hmmmmmm...... Quite good artwork.  maybe there can be some use.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2015, 03:42:43 pm »

Added poll for Region name.

hmmmmmm...... Quite good artwork.  maybe there can be some use.

Anyone who wants to use it can, so long as they cite this thread to give credit to everyone who took part. Enjoy!

going up we find the region "mira" the rivers source is in the middle of mira, a spring/lake.  the lake is full of docile snakes. docile as in. you can step on one by accident and it wont even hiss. you can even pet them.

the snakes are commonly called "filter snakes", because there scales filter out impurities in the water. this keeps the lake and river clean despite animals and swimmers.

the lake itself is often called blessed spring, because its the source of the water, the water is always clean, and the snakes are so docile.

Filter Snakes... Hrmm, that's a tough one. I like! Noted.

More suggestions!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2015, 04:09:49 pm »

No. More of your talents.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2015, 01:35:28 pm »

Tek Saas is winning the vote, so I'm putting up a new poll: are we sticking to a purely Mezo-American Theme or are we going to give our world a diverse amount of cultures?

No. More of your talents.

Sorry, I'm not that type of guy. :P
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2015, 01:45:30 pm »

Like I said - Great American Deserts/Plains indians, from pueblos to teepees!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2015, 02:08:33 pm »

I DID NOT MEAN SEXUAL STUFF

UNLESS YOU MEANT COMMISSIONS, NON SEXUAL ONES.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »

Alright, so bad news and good news:

Bad- I'm going to be leaving Friday to an event that will last about a week, during which I'll probably be out of range for any form of internet.

Good- Gimme a bunch of suggestions and/or commissions and I'll see what I can do.
GENERATION 32:

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »

I think this region should be similar in culture to the last region, but different in some ways.

I also think this region should be more magic oriented.

just to be clear the river from the spring is the same river that flows through the first region.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2015, 08:45:06 pm »

I'm baccck!

I think this region should be similar in culture to the last region, but different in some ways.

I also think this region should be more magic oriented.

just to be clear the river from the spring is the same river that flows through the first region.

Thought so on the River bit, moar Magics noted, and I'm planning the border to have a Totem Pole with Mezo-AMerican designs. Only thing holding me back at the moment is I can't remember where I put my Ipad, borrowing computer from neighbor for 2$.

Drown me in ideas, at this point the theme doesn't matter so much- Steampunk Airships bombing Mayan Temples? All for it! Giant Squids which burrow through the Earths Crust and feed on ponies? Why not! Drop Ideas here today!

Hell, I'll take commissions in the meantime- PM what you want and I'll reply... eventually. :(
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map III Totems and Quetzalcoatl
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2015, 10:45:32 am »

((Ipad was in between layers of my bag, having fallen in through a tear inside.  ??? ))

You listen to a bunch of drunken, short midget miners and hear them call the next region 'Tek Saas', a rather odd name that has no equivalent in your native tongue.
You're amazed to find that the reason the river that runs through Yaxuun is so pure is due to the wonders of 'Filter Snakes', a creature blessed with the ability to purify any body of water! Truly, this is a miraculous thing- perhaps you could wrangle a deal up and get a colony to dump in the Turpid Pool?

You've barely started and already, the wonders of this region are enchanting you! You wonder what horrors hide beneath the beauty- after all, Grievous Glade isn't far off...

Remember, I try to put every suggestion into a piece regardless of questionable sanity- I can't judge, I'm less than sane myself!

Comments, concerns, commissions?

GENERATION 32:

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2015, 10:56:10 am »

Totem pole looks fairly good, I think. I like it.

In the far west of the region, also known as the top-left corner, is a huge mountain. There isn't much to it, save for the fact that it is filled with cave systems within cave systems, known only as Hollow Mountain. Anything that wanders in has been know to simply not wander out, however, and there is a disturbing amount of skeletons at each entrance...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:14:51 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2015, 11:06:25 am »

Ah, that reminds me:

To be clear, North, East, South and West are each at diagonal points. Straight up is actually Northwest.

This is because, for some Caffiene addled reason, I decided to start at about the Eastern 'Pole'. Any and all confusion is my fault and frustrations can be vented at me by throwing me in a Danger Room full of Zombie Sponges.
GENERATION 32:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2015, 11:10:10 am »

At the northwest edge of this strange region, there is a colony of red-skinned humanoids worshipping some sort of giant eagle deity. They live in small hovels made of sticks and clay, and these buildings resemble downturned bowls. These people hunt, fish and forage for food, and are excellent archers. They are hard to communicate with, and the word they most often repeat is 'Kukula'. It might be their deity, their village's name, their tribe's name - something important for sure.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2015, 11:15:03 am »

Fixed, then.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:06 am »

At the northwest edge of this strange region, there is a colony of red-skinned humanoids worshipping some sort of giant eagle deity. They live in small hovels made of sticks and clay, and these buildings resemble downturned bowls. These people hunt, fish and forage for food, and are excellent archers. They are hard to communicate with, and the word they most often repeat is 'Kukula'. It might be their deity, their village's name, their tribe's name - something important for sure.

Is 'Kukula Shrine' a fine name, or do you have something else in mind? And Noted.

Totem pole looks fairly good, I think. I like it.

In the far west of the region, also known as the top-left corner, is a huge mountain. There isn't much to it, save for the fact that it is filled with cave systems within cave systems, known only as Hollow Mountain. Anything that wanders in has been know to simply not wander out, however, and there is a disturbing amount of skeletons at each entrance...

Noted, with a note to draw some Elephant Skeletons to reference Boatmurdered.
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11