Advanced search  

Poll

Who would win in an evil incarnate contest:

Sankis from Boatmurdered
 Cthulu from H. P. Lovecraft
 Sauron from Lord of the Rings
 Other

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map II . II- Now on our Second Map!  (Read 30608 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map II . I - Meso-American Shenanigans!
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2015, 03:51:06 am »

((me thinks the magic is starting to get amped up))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2015, 11:06:29 am »

In the desert, there is a black obelisk, called the river of passage. It is said that one could use it to pass between worlds, but none have discovered how.
Likely because of the strange, yet unseen guardians surrounding it. Anyone who would approach, well most... are cut to pieces.

No no, lad, I hear it is the magical wind that protects the obelisk. No guardians involved, just magic!

the old man speaks: "ye both rights lads. the guardians are air elementals"
Well, that makes sense. But how do you know that?

I felt there air, and when they ran through my brother with there blades of air, the blood was caught within there bodies, just long enough for me to see there form. I myself scarcely escaped."
Incredible, maybe I'll... not go anywhere near it.
Done-ish, although I have no idea on how to draw an invisible elemental. :V

There are many forts north of the waterfall and west to the temple, where they defend the land from  Swarmafi Scythracki  raiders from the south-west, the  insectoid race and their foul empire requiring large amounts of slave labor  just to keep their civilization running, not to mention the requirements of labor and sacrifice to support the ever constant wars both outside and inside the empire, all in the name of their blood god, He who we shalt not speak his real name until the swarm is worthy of a small amount of time, unless he is angered and destroys us all or Arockanmokannot in their language. Curse the scythe arms to kill with, and their wings to carry them inwards to war!!!!! [/i][/s]

Just use the fluff I put here for the scythers, and not include any of the rest of it. oh, and maybe move the fort to the location described here?

...I have been sadly unable to moved a drawing I've already inked in, although the fluff was somewhat intriguing.

North of the mountains, there was once a small lake, clear and able to heal wounds of those who drank from it. But nowadays it is murky pool full of amphibians, and people sighted a three-headed jaguar who has a nest in the spring of the lake!

No one remembers the name of the lake today...

Amphibians? To put in a Toady One reference or to let it pass... also, how's Turpid Pool for a name?

Lastly, a question: there's a question in my mind as to if the barren area to the East (Bottom-Right Corner) should be another desolate desert or a rocky, inhospitable wasteland. Input?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2015, 11:20:09 am »

IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH, YOU MAY PRECIVE THE SCYTHER'S GOD'S NAME IN ITS TRUE GLORY!!!!!!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2015, 12:56:56 pm »

Visit the edge of the Desert and barely manage to avoid the dangerous Elemental Guardians of the River of Passage, which is an odd name since it is nowheres near an River... perhaps there was once a River which connected to the Turpid Pool, an murky oasis filled with disgusting water that is the haunt of a three-headed Jaguar known as 'Holistic' in the Rorrim tongue.

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2015, 01:05:54 pm »

In the northern corner of the map (top-right) there is an active volcano by the name Inferno Height
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2015, 01:14:46 pm »

In the northern corner of the map (top-right) there is an active volcano by the name Inferno Height

And a small sulphur-filled stream passes from north-east to south-west along the volcano's south-eastern side, creating a thin strip of poisoned land, before the stream joins the Rorrim River just south of Grievious Glade, enriching the waters with sulphur and other minerals.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2015, 02:32:18 pm »

((I may have already filled in that corner with the rest of Grievous Glade- I could move it down to the bottom-right corner, it fits in the wasteland theme.

Although, it'd be rather odd that such a paradise was in between two tectonic faults that are so close together, but that merely makes thing intresting!))

IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH, YOU MAY PRECIVE THE SCYTHER'S GOD'S NAME IN ITS TRUE GLORY!!!!!!

((...?))
GENERATION 32:

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2015, 02:33:56 pm »

((...?))

Look at the name? recognize anything?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2015, 02:39:07 pm »

-snip-

Eh sure, sulphuric stream can be bottom-right.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2015, 04:54:39 pm »

Bad News: the site I use to upload images no longer exists. Can anyone point me towards an IPad-friendly Image Uploader with BBC Code linking ability?
GENERATION 32:

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2015, 04:55:46 pm »

Postimage works well enough.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2015, 06:52:02 pm »

I use imgur.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2015, 08:23:25 pm »

I use weebly because it is easy to organised for my different projects. I am not sure if ipad will work though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2015, 09:11:59 pm »

Imgur is good. Dunno about iPad friendliness though.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:03 pm »

((How'd one go about resizing images on Imgur? In the meantime, I'll put the Map Image in a Spoiler.))

You cross the into Rorrim, a nation which has little to no influence beside the border- too inhospitable for all but the toughest, meanest, and by far the most desperate tribes encountered in your travels this far. After a few incidents, you take to avoiding them.

You note the Yellow Banks of the Sulphuric River, it's waters contaminated by the rather active Volcanos nearby. Between the Volcanic Mountain Range, The Wasteland full of vicious roving bands and The Grievous Glade, it is little wonder Rorrim isn't worried about guarding that part of their border.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:06:27 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11