Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving The New World OOC (Chucked into firepit)  (Read 28252 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Oh, it would be easy if I weren't going for the 'Ghost' achievement, and trying to avoid killing everyone. (Otherwise I could just knock the boy out.)

Can't wait 'till I get my Way of the Shadow 11th level, stuff like this would be so much easier.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

(Otherwise I could just knock the boy out.)

Renegade Shepard, is that you? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

He'd probably be able to take the boy out before he could yell for help (if yells would even be heard over the storm.)

2d4 + 6, surprise round since the boy isn't expecting him to suddenly lash out at him, advantage since the boy is sitting down and looking at the book.
Plus, he probably has like 3 hit points.

But I dun wanna dooo thaaaat. >_>
Also, the reason I had him approach the boy may have been my misinterpretation of the room. I sort of imagined the boy as sitting directly in front of the only door. Impossible to sneak past.
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Don't think I didn't see that, you sneaky worldbuilder, you.  :P

Now that I've gone to all the trouble, you better not go and create a time paradox on me:P

Yep, Samara already had sufficient motivation (for a narcissist racist with no real moral opposition to killing) to murderize her extended family. Now it's going to happen for sure, just to fuck with you.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, Samara already had sufficient motivation (for a narcissist racist with no real moral opposition to killing) to murderize her extended family. Now it's going to happen for sure, just to fuck with you.  :P

But without the invention of the standardized toilet lid production, Nepathica is doomed. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Er???
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er???

You ever sat on a hand carved toilet lid?

I didn't think so!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would you want to multiclass as a rogue? Flavor?
Minor Illusion, Invisibility and Darkness. On reconsideration, just playing it smart and doing lots of groundwork, setting up plans, getting blueprints and disguises... I should be able to make it work easily without spells, and it'll probably be more interesting.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

My character's gonna be the telporty super ninja already. :v

At-will invisibility when in darkness or dim light, yes pleaaase. Free bonus action teleportation from dark area to dark area that also gives you advantage on your next attack yes pleaaaase. The only thing I dislike about the Shadow path is its pretty terrible capstone.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:53:41 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My character's gonna be the telporty super ninja already. :v

At-will invisibility when in darkness or dim light, yes pleaaase. Free bonus action teleportation from dark area to dark area that also gives you advantage on your next attack yes pleaaaase. The only thing I dislike about the Shadow path is its pretty terrible capstone.

I dunno, an extra free attack every turn, isn't bad. It is a bit weird, though, I agree. In this game, it only fits a bit worse in this game because the parties are not set in stone-because you'll need a partner (Ideally with their own stealth capabilities) to really make it work well.

Two Shadow Monks in a duo would be pretty terrifying. They could hide perfectly, shadow step to a target, then each attack-getting two attacks, a bonus attack, plus two more unarmed attacks each with FOB. If they then had level or two in rogue, they could use the withdraw action and vanish into the shadows again, all in the space of a single round...

Now I've got an idea what to sic on Nigma, anyway.

*rubs hands*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MONOLOGUE DUEL

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Your monofu is strong master!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Well, I was mostly just looking at things from a solo perspective. The mobility and stealth options are going to be a-may-zing, but the capstone is useless unless I have a partner or someone else just happens to be fighting my target.

I don't know what your monsters are like yet, Dwarmin, but since I intend to basically solo everything (I'm unlikely to have a humanoid ally unless I run into anyone particularly interesting, and the only person I can see myself working with from the main party is Ker since the other's goals are quite different.) a bit of optimization is necessary, though I've managed to keep things mostly flavorful as well.

Hmm... What are your rules for the Way of the Shadow monk's teleportation? The book just lists the conditions for teleportation but doesn't describe what the ability can actually do.

Can I take willing creatures with me?
Number of creatures?
Non-willing ones?
Can I teleport into empty air? (it says an 'unoccupied space you can see that is also in dim light or darkness.' in the book so I'd assume yes.)

If the answer to the latter two question is 'yes', I'm going to use this in fights to teleport enemies 60 feet into the air with me (since the Monk can reduce/negate fall damage.)
The damage from that is 6d6 bludgeoning and falling prone, so make of that what you will. (Or just make it so I can't take non-willing, I guess.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:19:36 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

FWIW OOC: Ker would not object to traveling with Ispil or Natalie, but he's unlikely to start a conversation around people he distrusts or dislikes, and he'll be off like an arrow as soon as we make landfall.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Ker's probably the only one whose goals don't conflict with Ispil's, but I didn't consider them actually joining up to be a likely occurrence. (If only because there's no real reason for them too. They're both solitary/antisocial, though I'm kinda warping my character's personality at the moment.)

Actually, speaking of which, Dwarmin, if there's ever a situation where his lack of social know-how could cause something to happen, just treat it like that regardless of what he says, since I'm bad at faking that sort of lack of stuff.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23