Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planepacked(?) food  (Read 2268 times)

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Planepacked(?) food
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:50:53 am »

While micromanaging my kitchen to get rid of some big stacks of meat left by elephants, I saw a pile of food that wasn't stacking into pots. Hoping my cook had used some of the elephant meat, I look at it. This is what I found:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of the ingredients are "spices" according to the game, so I assume this cook picked up a barrel of spiced... and used all of them? Any one else have experience of this happening?

EDIT: This food stack consumes 1/3 of my fortress' wealth, those migrants will be !!FUN!! (no big artifacts yet)
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Planepacked(?) food
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »

While micromanaging my kitchen to get rid of some big stacks of meat left by elephants, I saw a pile of food that wasn't stacking into pots. Hoping my cook had used some of the elephant meat, I look at it. This is what I found:

Most of the ingredients are "spices" according to the game, so I assume this cook picked up a barrel of spiced... and used all of them? Any one else have experience of this happening?

EDIT: This food stack consumes 1/3 of my fortress' wealth, those migrants will be !!FUN!! (no big artifacts yet)

Elephant Beer Roast is possibly the manliest food.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

kirmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 12:07:06 pm »

I like how the chef exeptionally minced ale.

This is a thing that happened before- can't remember what triggered it but it's in since at least 34.x .

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »

This is the third or fourth 40.xx thread I've seen with this happening. Apparently dwarves are American since 40.xx.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 03:42:31 pm »

If I recall it has something to do with burrows. Also, that cook was not American. It had fruit in, no fat that I could see, and no cheese. Stop insulting my cultural heritage, land of the deep fried stick of butter.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 05:42:32 pm »

I don't remember the exact cause either, but it had something to do with fruits harvested from a gathering zone.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 07:37:53 pm »

It sounds like he accidently dropped the entire food barrel into the "roast" while carrying it.  "Oops!  That was too much.  I guess I'll just a little more-oops, too much again!"
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 03:52:37 am »

Durians and limes (the main ingredients) are both harvested from tress, and count as "spices" according to the barrel they get stored in, so I assume there's a bug in picking just one.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:57 pm »

I like how the chef exeptionally minced ale.

This is a thing that happened before- can't remember what triggered it but it's in since at least 34.x .

I've heard people refer to dark beers that could be eaten not drunk but that really is something when you can mince it up.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »

If I recall it has something to do with burrows. Also, that cook was not American. It had fruit in, no fat that I could see, and no cheese. Stop insulting my cultural heritage, land of the deep fried stick of butter.
You forgot the deep-fried antacid tablets.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map