Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/4 Ascendants Slots]  (Read 25893 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/2 Ascendants Slots]
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2015, 09:16:03 pm »

Pif-Ria's just gave those memories use in the post literally right before yours. And Keri's action is more or less using them to slow down the growth of the tower, which my character just went on a rant about.

I smell IC conflict brewing. Yay!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2015, 03:58:54 am »

Wait, the new shaded minds can control their former bodies?  Zombie like?  Eewwww.

I am unclear where these new shaded minds form.

Well the Sages can still use the Starborn memories I guess.

I am pretty sure that the Singing tower could force souls there instead of into me or Kevak's afterlife if you wanted since it was a major act, we sure did just mess with the soul ecosystem though didn't we.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2015, 04:02:01 am »

Shaded minds existed prior, however now they occasionally form in dead people and can control their bodies all zombielike~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2015, 04:05:16 am »

Somehow I don't think Raalmana would make a very good parent.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2015, 04:12:04 am »

Shaded minds existed prior, however now they occasionally form in dead people and can control their bodies all zombielike~

Neat.  So now Pif-Ria needs to find ways to make happy zombies so when they de a second time she can have double undead joy to build the tower.

The Second Star is made of the two metals and Arcanite but it is something different and doesn't function as those materials.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2015, 04:35:34 am »

"Hey kiddo! Today we are going to experiment with the effect of infusion on children with a single Ascendant Parent! Happy Second Birthday by the way!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2015, 04:38:16 am »

Technically the kid would have a high chance of being born infused, and if not, there would be no chance of negative mutations or death if the kid got infused. That was detailed in the magic creation post.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2015, 04:45:44 am »

"Hey kiddo! Today we are going to experiment with the effect of infusion on children with a single Ascendant Parent! Happy Second Birthday by the way!"

Well Vodoth's parenting was mostly reptilian so even that is an improvement!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2015, 04:47:40 am »

Technically the kid would have a high chance of being born infused, and if not, there would be no chance of negative mutations or death if the kid got infused. That was detailed in the magic creation post.
Though the !!SCIENCE!! attitude would still be problematic. I think it would be like "Wait, instead of kidnapping wallowings, I can just, like, make test subjects?" Raalmana might also see it as a way to acquire souls to experiment on, since those haven't been poked around with much (except by the gods). Still, I think Raalmana's probably sterile.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2015, 05:22:00 am »

Though the !!SCIENCE!! attitude would still be problematic. I think it would be like "Wait, instead of kidnapping wallowings, I can just, like, make test subjects?" Raalmana might also see it as a way to acquire souls to experiment on, since those haven't been poked around with much (except by the gods). Still, I think Raalmana's probably sterile.

Nope.

Starborn of the Crystal Bloodline often have Runes upon their shells at laying. Should these be there at laying, they will be born Infused.

This implies otherwise.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2015, 05:36:56 am »

I'm writing the turn now, but Kevak your Act requires 2 acts since not only are you creating Shaded Minds, but you are also modifying how arcanite works completely.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2015, 05:38:15 am »

Technically Shaded Minds already exist. They just aren't common in the slightest. So what I'm doing is altering Arcanite, and how it interacts with existing shaded minds. Also sorta seeding a few more.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2015, 05:43:26 am »

Shaded Minds could exist but they haven't since Raalmana was the only one capable of initial Infusion, if I'm reading his creation act(s) correctly. As Raalmana hasn't encountered a Mind, there was no occasion for S. Mind's to exist. Although Caretaker/Wallowing infused could have Infused a Mind...Point is, it needs two acts; one for creation and one for modification.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2015, 05:44:13 am »

However in the Arcanite creation act, it was explicitly stated what happens if a Mind gets infused. They become Shaded.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2015, 05:48:24 am »

Yes?

Maybe I should try explaining it a bit more:

1 Act to create new individuals. The species may already exist, but creating more individuals is still an act requiring divine essence.
1 Act to modify how arcanite works. You're changing how a material works. It would be like making fungi able to photosynthesise.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30