Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/4 Ascendants Slots]  (Read 25915 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Well, you can still suggest, best one wins.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I has a question.

How do you intend to handle Ascendent timeframes vs deific timeframes? Cause if a single cycle is eons, the ascendents can't really input much unless they have shorter timeframes to do stuff on or are immortal. Deities would have more options for stuff in the Shortterm with shorter cycles as well. Maybe 4 to 1? Major cycles could be every four minor cycles, major = when essence is gained. Minor cycles just could have rping/actions. Minor could be skipped if nobody has anything they wanna do till major.

Also Cheesecake, Godlizard is talking to you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:19:57 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Name: Raalmana, Scholar of Hubris
Role: Ascendant
Appearance: A six-legged winged lizard creature like the rest, but different. Its body is hard and translucent like glass, its scales sharp. Within are visible its nerves and blood, scintillating and coursing with cyan, liquid fire. Its claws are more dextrous than its siblings, the better to manipulate its surroundings.
Personality: Raalmana is externally very inscrutable, not given to showings its feelings or motives, but internally driven by insatiable curiosity, continually questioning the nature of everything. Raalmana will satisfy its curiosity at any cost.
Description: Upon the words of its divine parents before its hatching, the power of the gods to create and change things filled Raalmana with both wonder and envy. Posessing this new power of the Arcane, as-yet untapped by anyone else, Raalmana will seek to grow its power in imitation of the divine, while also using it to probe the mysteries of existence. Raalmana will search for the how and why of everything, both to know and to reproduce the effects once their causes are discovered. To find what makes the various forms of life tick, and if such processes can be replicated, altered, suspended, or restarted. To understand the mysteries of matter, time, light, darkness, and the very mechanism by which the gods exercise their power and write the physical laws. Most likely, Raalmana's researches will start out with simple questions in mind but delve ever more complex as the increasingly intricate workings of nature are discovered.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

This is pretty awesome. As much as Super Magical Dragon Ascendant sounds cool though, I don't think I'm quite good enough at rp to try adding to this, so I'll just ptw for now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Geez so many typos and code errors the first time.

Discarding negative emotions into the void, no way that's gonna come back to bite us.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Ascendants are immortal; they wouldn't have much chance otherwise. As for the cycle suggestion...it just seems to slow the game down. All though if enough people like the idea, I might go with it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ascendants can take multiple actions that are not minor acts during their turn.

They can do that without spending acts, so if they want to do a bunch of things at once they can, like smashing mountains as an act then leading a drum circle and spreading knowledge of stamp collecting as actions, more then unbound gods.

Edit: that is my understanding at least, they can have ongoing actions that take place throughout a turn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:24:37 pm by VoidSlayer »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Geez so many typos and code errors the first time.

Discarding negative emotions into the void, no way that's gonna come back to bite us.
It's any emotions besides happy basically. So it's everything from satisfaction to curiosity to envy to hate. And I'm gonna try growing an Arcanic Font with them.

It may or may not become alive. Which I am perfectly fine with.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ascendants can take multiple actions that are not minor acts during their turn.

They can do that without spending acts, so if they want to do a bunch of things at once they can, like smashing mountains as an act then leading a drum circle and spreading knowledge of stamp collecting as actions, more then unbound gods.

Edit: that is my understanding at least, they can have ongoing actions that take place throughout a turn.
You're wrong but you should be right. I like that idea. Maybe limit it to 4 actions just for balance. I'll put it in the OP when I get to a computer.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, sorry, that's what I thought the point of being bound or an ascendant was, you can take actions on the physical plane without acts because of your physical form.

What is the difference between an act and an action?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actions can fail horribly.

EDIT: relevant change to Actions

Actions include all activities that are not performed through heroic or divine feats. Unlike Acts, these have a chance of failure. All non-Bound gods may only perform 1 action per turn. Ascendants and Bound may perform up to 4 actions per turn.

EDIT2: I've also relaxed the god cap so that I don't have to keep changing each time I want to get a new player. All god sheets submitted thus have a chance of getting in.

Name: Raalmana, Scholar of Hubris
Role: Ascendant
Appearance: A six-legged winged lizard creature like the rest, but different. Its body is hard and translucent like glass, its scales sharp. Within are visible its nerves and blood, scintillating and coursing with cyan, liquid fire. Its claws are more dextrous than its siblings, the better to manipulate its surroundings.
Personality: Raalmana is externally very inscrutable, not given to showings its feelings or motives, but internally driven by insatiable curiosity, continually questioning the nature of everything. Raalmana will satisfy its curiosity at any cost.
Description: Upon the words of its divine parents before its hatching, the power of the gods to create and change things filled Raalmana with both wonder and envy. Posessing this new power of the Arcane, as-yet untapped by anyone else, Raalmana will seek to grow its power in imitation of the divine, while also using it to probe the mysteries of existence. Raalmana will search for the how and why of everything, both to know and to reproduce the effects once their causes are discovered. To find what makes the various forms of life tick, and if such processes can be replicated, altered, suspended, or restarted. To understand the mysteries of matter, time, light, darkness, and the very mechanism by which the gods exercise their power and write the physical laws. Most likely, Raalmana's researches will start out with simple questions in mind but delve ever more complex as the increasingly intricate workings of nature are discovered.

Hard choice, but In.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:21:10 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[4/? God Slots] [2/2 Ascendants Slots]
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

What do I start off able to do? Do I need to wait a couple turns before I can do a Minor Act?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2015, 11:52:16 pm »

You have 1 Minor Act but you also have several listed abilities (I think) in the Act from which your character was created.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2015, 11:58:08 pm »

Acts plural~

One of life and one of death and mind.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2015, 04:24:53 pm »

Hugo, can you change your font color? It is not easily visible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30