Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

how do we fix contract and money shortage?

contract mods
- 6 (37.5%)
switch from career to science mode
- 4 (25%)
money from science mod
- 4 (25%)
nothing, newcomers will use science to money strategies and lot of grinding
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: KSP mess around together- don't wait for me I'm gonna have beer in space  (Read 14063 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

That big 2.5m tank on the tug is probably part of the problem

I removed the thank, the transfer part is only the four engines, the tank was part of the ascent stage but I left it there since it had some fuel left. we don't need 100 dv anyway, right? XD

anyway, lab is full of science, I'll bring an additional lab and some batteries next time

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think a second lab module would be much use. From some tests I did, it looks like only one lab will process data for a single craft so you'd need to undock it each time you needed more data. Also it seems like a piece of science will lose most of its Lab value after being processed once so you can't just use multiple labs to multiply the science gains.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

then we need moar scientist to speed up science processing!

according to reddit, speed depends to all scientist on a craft, including those not in a lab.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally gained myself enough science to get to fuel lines, so now I can asparagus...at least in theory.  Unfortunately I don't have the funds to upgrade my VAB, so I'm limited to 30 parts, which is surprisingly restrictive.

And getting more funds is incredibly difficult because all of the contracts still available are, naturally, all those that already require you to be hopping to and from orbit with relative ease.  Ack.  Is there any way to gather funds that doesn't rely on contracts?
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally gained myself enough science to get to fuel lines, so now I can asparagus...at least in theory.  Unfortunately I don't have the funds to upgrade my VAB, so I'm limited to 30 parts, which is surprisingly restrictive.

And getting more funds is incredibly difficult because all of the contracts still available are, naturally, all those that already require you to be hopping to and from orbit with relative ease.  Ack.  Is there any way to gather funds that doesn't rely on contracts?

I was in that situation earlier. I ended up getting past it by figuring out a design to get to orbit. Do you have most of the 45-science techs unlocked?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all

I see that late comers are having trouble with contracts to get money.

I propose these solutions:
 - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102911  this mod gives money for science reports, much like a strategy but on a larger scale, enough to permit everyone run a career on science alone (This doesn't remove science collected)
 - migrate to science mode, which is however without budgeting issues at all, so every part of the center are upgraded etc
 - add some more interesting contract packs like this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109471 so there are more opportunity for stuff near kerbin

poll updated to reflect this!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:54:13 pm by LoSboccacc »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering that you desperately need science as well as money, I don't think the science to money strategies are very useful in the early game.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I never have really had issues with money. Mostly because suborbital tourism is so lucrative.

Science, on the other hand, is a bitch to get. And when playing with a bunch of other people, all launching from the same place with diffrent statuses of structures, its jarring as can be. Hence why I voted for sandbox, although I like having to deal with money and science.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:03:12 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I never have really had issues with money. Mostly because suborbital tourism is so lucrative.

When did you join?  I've only gotten one of those so far.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I havent played since the restart, mostly because I dont remember what some of the mods where called taht are now in, and I dont want to download one antenna range mod to learn that it is the wrong mod.
Highly Opinionated Fool

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say switch to science mode. Between the broken contracts, broken progression and random reputation losses, it's clear that DMP can't effectively handle Career mode.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well if you get ckan it is relatively painless, especially for the USI dependencies.

this is my install, the two red one is the one to get as mandatory, the others are whitelisted/optional:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I havent played since the restart, mostly because I dont remember what some of the mods where called taht are now in, and I dont want to download one antenna range mod to learn that it is the wrong mod.

This is apparently the antenna range mod, and here's USI Kolonization (Need to replace the module manager dll with this one's)(May want to remove the Firespitter folder.  Hasn't been updated)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something for all of you to note. Because kerbals are shared, you should leave some behind. That newbie with no drone parts yet? They cant shell out the 1.5 million for a new crew member nor fit them in their trailer that holds 5 and has 70 in it. All of whom are in space.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

to: whomever put training ship z on minmus locking 50+ crews

please don't do that. it ruins the game for everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8