Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

how do we fix contract and money shortage?

contract mods
- 6 (37.5%)
switch from career to science mode
- 4 (25%)
money from science mod
- 4 (25%)
nothing, newcomers will use science to money strategies and lot of grinding
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: KSP mess around together- don't wait for me I'm gonna have beer in space  (Read 14062 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KSP mess around together waiting 1.0 - b12 server
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2015, 12:18:48 am »

It looks like all of the suggested mods are up to date. I don't see much reason to delay adding them. If another patch drops I doubt any of those mods will be affected, and if they are it shouldn't take them long to update.

I think the Snacks and USI colonization parts should be redone.  The former as the USI life support came along later and an option between the two and none at all would be good, and the latter as I don't think most people got to vote on it, as the poll wasn't reset and that prevented most from voting on it, as they had cast their votes earlier.  May want to add a third one about adding a weapons mod (BD armory?).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2015, 03:16:38 am »

It is done. Eta for mod selection: Wednesday

hey look at this place seems flat enough for a base

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I planted a flag on it, but I haven't scanned resources
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:15:27 pm by LoSboccacc »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2015, 11:44:00 pm »

Was there a change in IP address from the .9 server?  I keep getting the 'refused by remote host' message, and I had only prior gotten that when the server was offline.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2015, 01:31:26 am »

Was there a change in IP address from the .9 server?  I keep getting the 'refused by remote host' message, and I had only prior gotten that when the server was offline.

the ip has changed to 167.88.35.241 after a massive outage from my provider

edit: for no reason my reputation is now around -40 O_O
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:47:55 am by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:25 pm »

NOTICE: server will restart at 9PM UTC with mods and stuff!

current save will not reset.

it will be configured as follow :

career - medium difficulty
antenna range
USI kolonization system

we have a station core up there, which needs about everything! an event will be held at 10PM UTC to build up incredible contraptions around the station, using the newly added mods. be there and have a say on the station aesthetic!

edit: fixed errata on mods, duh
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:39:27 pm by LoSboccacc »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2015, 02:30:12 pm »

PTW.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, my Kerballing skills are next to nil...but I'm very tempted by this!
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, I'll get the mods and get on the server today sometime eventually.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've sent up an SSTO full of science from the Space Center to fill up the station's lab. I guess the science it generates will be there for whoever needs it.

Also, word to the wise: do not time accelerate while controlling the station. I did it and the station almost tore itself apart when physics started up again. That big 2.5m tank on the tug is probably part of the problem since it's splitting the station's mass to either side of the structurally weak solar power array. It might need to be ditched or moved to one of the reinforced docking ports.

Also, one thing the station needs is more batteries, it can't run the lab for the entire time it's in Kerbin's shadow.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix what mission control gives you?  I was able to get by with a couple 'experimental' missions that came up, but those are now gone, leaving me unable to do any of the other contracts it is offering due to them being out of my tech level.  And I can't really up my tech level at this point as I don't really have enough money.  Heck, I think the only reason I'm at my current level is due to mistakenly getting 100 grand when I recovered one of LoSboccacc's rockets and unexpectedly getting money for it instead of him.

Addendum: Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the reason for the contracts being so high up there is due to stuff other people have already sent up.  As these are in a public area, they count as belonging to the person who launched it, as well as you.  Also, I think I figured out the Reputation bug.  People fast-forward the game when you are offline, and it is counting that time as your program doing nothing.  As you are doing nothing, your reputation is lowering.

Considering that, maybe we should have gone for Science Career rather than Money Career.  At least in that, progress isn't being unintentionally being fucked over by other people trying to progress.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just how much time has passed, anyways?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

It's year 5 last I saw.  I started the game with about -387 reputation.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix what mission control gives you?  I was able to get by with a couple 'experimental' missions that came up, but those are now gone, leaving me unable to do any of the other contracts it is offering due to them being out of my tech level.  And I can't really up my tech level at this point as I don't really have enough money.  Heck, I think the only reason I'm at my current level is due to mistakenly getting 100 grand when I recovered one of LoSboccacc's rockets and unexpectedly getting money for it instead of him.

You can decline any offered contracts without penalty. Eventually they should cycle around to things you can do. I think a few of the world first missions are still intact. You won't get any exploration missions to places other people have visited, but I've seen things like "perform a flyby of X" or "return a craft that has orbited Y" although I guess I could just be the first one to do those. Also, it won't give you missions for parts you haven't unlocked.

Oh, and rescue/recovery missions are completely broken so don't accept those.

What exactly is the penalty for a low reputation anyway? I've never figured that out.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's year 5 last I saw.  I started the game with about -387 reputation.

??? ... I'm only on day 47 in my singleplayer game that I've been playing since 1.0 came out.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8