Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33849 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 7]
« Reply #360 on: May 29, 2015, 11:01:12 am »

pass

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 8]
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2015, 07:11:17 am »

Round Eight

Scarred from the death of its parent star, the frozen world continues to turn...

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2015, 03:03:08 pm »

Problem: The way the game is set up, it is in my best interests to wait for the other players to post their turns before posting mine, so that, if for example micelus wanted to create a tier 3 animal to compete with mine, I would have mana to outbid him, whereas if I did my turn first I wouldn't have any mana.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2015, 12:47:07 am »

1. 15 Mana. Spread Pirate Tethers to Bird-Eater's Rest.
2/3: Pass

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:25:07 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2015, 01:22:56 am »

2. 60 Mana. Create T3 [Retches] in Azure Sky. Bid 17 Mana.
3. 20 Mana. Spread Retches to Crimson Aether. Bid 4 Mana.

Retches: Large bulbous colonial fungi, retches are creatures that float along the skies of the worlds, grazing on tethers. Armed with long sinewy tentacles, retches are able to disable the defences of the tethers via a fungal poison. Retches are kept afloat by a bladder-like conglomeration of cells that keeps light gases within the organism
Creating t3 creatures still costs 100 mana...

...and you still have nothing to bid against unless I missed something?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2015, 01:24:37 am »

For some reason, I keep reading the same wrong rules over and over again. Insanity really.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2015, 02:24:46 am »

2/3: Pass

Action 1: Spread Echoes to Hateful Eruption [-25 Mana]
Action 2: Spread Abyssal Dragons to Raging Volcano [-15 Mana]
Action 3: Pass

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 31, 2015, 09:49:29 am »

Working on my turn now (although going out in a bit so I might not have it until later tonight.) But, random question, are the updated spread rules in effect yet? I've not found them on the op.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2015, 01:24:10 pm »

spread haze bees to bird eaters rest

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2015, 02:07:05 pm »

Among the bowlmen tribes that trundled across the snow swept plains one tribe in particular stood out above all. Living in the Rolling hills, this tribe had long held the territory around the great cracks in the earth that opened into the Lightseen Caverns. This primal place, the opening to the underneath, radiated with the godly energies of their long forgotten maker. When the Jesters power pulsed and swelled, it was in these hills that it swelled out onto the surface. Under the influence of this godly energy that the tribe of bowlmen had long been held. This tribe, among all the tribes, was easily the most powerful. They had a cunning and strength within them that was unmatched by bowlmen across the plains. This tribe worked more closely together then any of the others, trying to protect each other from unmaker attacks, and some of them even learned certain alchemy from others in the tribe. However, in the depths of the endless winter tragedy struck, several of the neighboring unmakers had large splits at once, and their progeny roared across the land, unmaking as they went. The monsters converged on the tribe and attacked, unmaking many members of the tribe. The Bowlmen split and fled into the dismal night, most of them were to be hunted down and consumed in the hills. But one of the groups fled deep into the caverns, where no Bowlman had go before. Strange and wondrous sights awaited them. Shimmering carpets of living gems, the nomadic molds that they knew grew large stocks of organic flesh that seemed to watch them as they went. And great bats swooped though the air. The Bowlmen slowed their desperate flight and took in the area around them, collecting the beings that they found and alchemizing them. However, death stalked them. An Unmaker had entered the caverns behind them, and it struck them in the middle of their explorations. Several bowlmen were unmade at the start, and the rest split and fled deeper in the caverns. Only one bowlman stayed behind. This one had been crunching on the gem mites that littered the floor. The gem mites primal connection to the bowlmans lost gods had sparked a change within this one. A spark of understanding crept into it's primitive mind. Gathering emerald gem mites from the ground, excrement from the flying bats, and parts from the mold carpet this bowlman alchemized at a speed yet unseen. As the unmaker finished absorbing the last remains of the bowlmans fellows and turned to the bowlman to strike it down the bowlman shot out a stream of hissing acid from it's mouth. The unmaker was engulfed and it's forum melted away, the dirt, snow, and rocks that made it's body washed away in chuncks. Within moments all that was left of the unmaker was it's crystal heart throbbing with anger. Before it could regenerate it's body the bowlman smashed it and became the first unmaker slayer in bowlman history.

The group of bowlmen eventually found themselves again, and they remade their tribe deep within the caverns. The proximity to their god, and the sparks of divine power in their new food sources worked a change on the bowlmen. Their bodies grew larger and more powerful, their fingers becoming long and more suited for fine manipulation. The most striking change was in their intelligence. Before the bowlmen had worked on pure animal instinct, not understanding what they did or how they did it. Now this tribe had gained a spark of understanding of their world. Cause and effect and the puzzles within were now possible for them to understand on a deeper level. Most of all their mastery of their alchemy bloomed into an actual practice of knowledge. In their crude ways they were able to figure out some basic ideas of what caused what. And in some cases even pass this knowledge down to their offspring in some ways. A new race was born, from the bowlmen, but not. The alchemists.

On the snowswept surface of the world the most numerous lifeform, the Solar Crystal Mite struggled to hold onto life. They had long survived off the light of the sun, but with the end of the age of light their main food source was extinguished from the sky, leaving the mites to only live on the scant radiance of the the Infernal Realm. Although the endless snows and cold held little sway on the other lifeforms of crystal, the suffering of the mites threatened the whole ecosystem of the surface. As the Solar mites numbers slowly waned. The situation seemed dire, but the mites, already creatures of great adaption, eventually found their way. The mites devolved slightly back to their roots as creatures who ate not just light, but beauty. Here in the surface there were many great sources of beauty, breathtaking casims, the roiling sea, the sky on a calm day. But most of all the terrible and majestic Infernal realm that watched over the whole of the surface. These powerful sights offered possibilities to the mites, eventually a strain evolved that was able to take advantage of this, draining the majesty of these sites from their subjective location and turning it into a powerful energy source for them to live on. They spread throughout the land, outcompeting their brethren the Solar mites, they took over their ecological niches, and the surface mites numbers rebounded to even higher then they had been before the war in the heavens.

Spread T4 Token to Lightseen Caverns, rename to Alchemist. -25 mana

Spread P Token to Oaken Glade, renaming to Majesty Mite, and rename the other Solar mites to Majesty Mite as well -5 mana

Majesty Mite: A offshoot of the Solar crystal mite, it still feeds on light and can leave patches of darkness, but also draws power on the views from it's location! Currently the most majestic sight anywhere on the surface is the infernal realm, and so that is what the majority draw their power from. But a breathtaking canyon. a massive tree, a beautiful city, any sight that could impress a viewer is a possible food source to them. The suck away at the majesty of the sight, slowly rendering it, as viewed from the mites location, duller and less interesting to look at. Walking though a patch of Majesty mites can be a bewildering experiences, as with each step your view changes and shifts, objects and locations in the distance becoming more or less clear as you move. Their bodies typically take on a slight tinge of color from whatever sight they have consumed last, making the most common variant orange, but otherwise they appear as solar crystal mites.

The Alchemists: Although technically a offshoot of the bowlmen, the Alchemists are now so far removed from their lesser brethren that they can safely be considered a separate species. They appear as tall humanoids made of a greyish rock. They have long arms that end in delicate and flexible fingers. On top of their square head they have a tall stone bowl, which they can disconnect from their head if need be. They use this bowl to perform a type of alchemy, using the local materials found around them, much like the bowlmen, although their grasp of alchemy is much greater then their lesser cousins, they instinctively make more powerful mixtures, and in some cases are even able to learn new mixtures, and possibly even pass these down to their offspring! They live in tribal groups deep in the lightseen caverns, a single tribe typically having several nesting locations that they shift to over time as they wear our the local sustenance.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2015, 05:43:23 pm »

Problem: The way the game is set up, it is in my best interests to wait for the other players to post their turns before posting mine, so that, if for example micelus wanted to create a tier 3 animal to compete with mine, I would have mana to outbid him, whereas if I did my turn first I wouldn't have any mana.

That is a problem.  I considered just having a turn order, but that presents its own issues.  Suggestions?

Cript: Awesome turn!  No spread rules are in effect - I decided that the point at which I could have then put them in would have given an unfair advantage to the players who at that point had vastly more than others.  It may be in future Eras or games, but I'm withholding it for now.

(Turn update will follow when I have more time!)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 31, 2015, 05:55:55 pm »

Alright. Then I'm going to use my third action.

Writing it up right now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 31, 2015, 05:59:10 pm »

With the spread of the gem mites the beings that preyed on them, primarily the constructors, also flourished in the depths of the winter. Spreading across the snowy plains.

Spread Constructor (T1 Crystal) to  The Oaken Glade

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 31, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »

-10 mana

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »

That is a problem.  I considered just having a turn order, but that presents its own issues.  Suggestions?
Sadly I don't have any suggestions at this time, just wanted to note the problem.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:12:02 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28