Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33816 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 6]
« Reply #330 on: May 25, 2015, 12:51:19 am »

The great tree that was the mother of all plants slowly turned a more sickly and deathly hue. Sphere of Undeath gained(?)

Create a Pioneer Token (Undead) on the Forge of Reality: -20 Mana

Deathweed:

This plant has a unhealthy dark purple color on it's stem and leaves. It typically grows in cracks and in-between plants of greater size. However, it experiences a dramatic increase in growth when near a dead body, the plant growing all over the corpse and competing against other rival weeds. It can also slowly leech energy from other plants, latching a stem into the bark or sinuous plant material of neighboring flora and sucking the sap from it.

Create a Tier 1 Token (Undead) on the Forge of Reality: - 40 Mana

Ghoul-bats:

These creatures are heralds of coming sickness. Their bodies are generally quite wrinkly and a greyish-pink color. Their teeth are yellowed and are covered by huge amounts of bacteria. The bat typically bites the victim, then waits for the bacteria to take it's toll before striking again, this time to kill. They can be seen flying in great flocks overhead, covering the sky and blotting out the sun like a great stain on the sky.

Create a Tier 2 Token (Undead) on the Forge of Reality: -60 Mana

Vector of Death:

A parasitic creature, these pink lumps can be found growing in multitudes on the backs on unintelligable creatures, slowly leeching the life and energy out of the host, turning it from what it once was into a husk of it's former self, before devouring it with miniscule mouths as it dies. They reproduce by laying eggs in the host, which burst out uponthe death of the host, and have root like appengades which hold them onto the surface of the host.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 25, 2015, 01:27:11 am »

The great tree that was the mother of all plants slowly turned a more sickly and deathly hue. Sphere of Undeath gained(?)

Create a Pioneer Token (Undead) on the Forge of Reality: -20 Mana

Deathweed:

This plant has a unhealthy dark purple color on it's stem and leaves. It typically grows in cracks and in-between plants of greater size. However, it experiences a dramatic increase in growth when near a dead body, the plant growing all over the corpse and competing against other rival weeds. It can also slowly leech energy from other plants, latching a stem into the bark or sinuous plant material of neighboring flora and sucking the sap from it.

Create a Tier 1 Token (Undead) on the Forge of Reality: - 40 Mana

Ghoul-bats:

These creatures are heralds of coming sickness. Their bodies are generally quite wrinkly and a greyish-pink color. Their teeth are yellowed and are covered by huge amounts of bacteria. The bat typically bites the victim, then waits for the bacteria to take it's toll before striking again, this time to kill. They can be seen flying in great flocks overhead, covering the sky and blotting out the sun like a great stain on the sky.

Create a Tier 2 Token (Undead) on the Forge of Reality: -60 Mana

Vector of Death:

A parasitic creature, these pink lumps can be found growing in multitudes on the backs on unintelligable creatures, slowly leeching the life and energy out of the host, turning it from what it once was into a husk of it's former self, before devouring it with miniscule mouths as it dies. They reproduce by laying eggs in the host, which burst out uponthe death of the host, and have root like appengades which hold them onto the surface of the host.
5/5 Would crown as god of Undeath again. (You could have gotten more mileage out of your mana by creating a land as well though thanks to mana credit bonus. Too late now though!)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:09:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 25, 2015, 01:45:43 am »

((Noticed a error in Improver's mana income should have been 19, not 20. Fixed. EDIT: Am assuming criptfiend is fine in the end with Pencil getting the Undeath sphere, since he didn't give final confirmation? (How can he say no to those vectors?!)))

New Round!

Triumph surged within the Supreme Radiant! His rival was gone! He alone now provided the light of the world! Yet in his most secret of hearts there remained a glimmer of dissatisfaction. Though the sun was gone, his own light was still the lesser! He could not help fearing that the others were laughing behind his back, mocking his inadequacies! He did his best to bury these worries for now though. There existed ways to... fix the problem, not that there is a problem at all of course! He would get to that in due time. For now, he focused on the proliferation of his creations. He needed more power! Never enough power! Destroying the sun had taken a lot out of him.

Action 1: Abyssal Dragons spread to the Hateful Eruption [-15 Mana]
Action 2: Fire Eaters spread to the Hateful Eruption [-20 Mana]
Action 3: Pass

Turn Complete

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:03:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 25, 2015, 02:49:49 am »

Pass.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 7]
« Reply #334 on: May 25, 2015, 06:14:31 am »

Round Seven

In the depths of a dim, ice-drenched world, the last glimmers of plantlife turned and twisted into something dark, something unnatural.  The kingdom of undeath was born.

Pencil; going to offer you a slight retcon mulligan because of mechanics.  If you want, you can shift all those undead to the Undersea, just because you can't spread them without another fauna token to parasitise, and you can reach the Lightseen from there.  Or the Kaos Chasm, which is also legit.  Heck, even on the plains where everything just died is cool too.

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:07:25 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 25, 2015, 06:56:27 am »

You say round seven but our stat stuff are all still from the previous round?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2015, 07:35:25 am »

Sorry, I accidentally posted that early.  I've fixed the stat summary, I think.

Also yes, I think in future games we'll have something along the lines of Elemental Heart of Earth, Fire etc.  Just to make everyone equally threatened.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 25, 2015, 07:58:17 am »

Making the undead in the Kaos Falls would be total poetic justice lol.

"Yoouuu diiiid thhhiiiisss toooo mmmeee. Looook aaaat mmmmeeee! Looook! Aaaat! Mmmmeeee! Iiii wiiiilll desstrrrooyy aaalll yoouu hhooollld dear!"

EDIT: I like black Undead Fauna tokens, made them creepy looking. Any reason you have them vanilla style?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:02:27 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 25, 2015, 08:01:58 am »

It would be a bit poetic. But I think it would just help you in the long run wouldn't it? >.>

Also I don't have time to make a turn right now, but of course I give the domain of undead to Pencil. It only makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:03:57 am by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 25, 2015, 08:03:54 am »

It would be a bit poetic. But I think it would just help you in the long run wouldn't it? >.>
Eh, he'd have to work hard to threaten me with that mana income of his. Honestly I'm more worried about the Improver. But yes, disregarding the coolness factor I'd prefer it if he stayed on Nursery.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 25, 2015, 08:16:18 am »

The whirling form of the Improver appeared right next to the Jester and the Radiant simultaneously.

"Evening. I have a delicious offer: Offer me something splendid and I will deal with you-know-who, assuring you complete and utter triumph over this age. Also, firegourd cream."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:22:21 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 25, 2015, 08:18:17 am »

The whirling form of the Improver appeared right next to the Jester and the Radiant simultaneously.

"Evening. I have a delicious offer: Offer me something splendid and I will deal with you-know-who, assuring you complete and utter triumph over this age. Also, firegourd cream."
((You know who being Pencil Art? He's already neutered? I'm not really getting this. Oh I get, it, you're offering to each of us to get rid of the other. Firegourd cream is very tempting though.))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:21:15 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 25, 2015, 08:23:13 am »

Firegourd cream is spicy, but does wonders for your complexion.  Try some today!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 25, 2015, 08:26:17 am »

I assume Micelus offer is to destroy one of other persons places that they have dudes. Since as is we will both win on turn 10 without interference, but if we lose one of our main areas, we'll probably lose. ((Edit: Edits) Well, I mean, realistically unless the improver destroys my area, turn 10 is not going to happen, since Demonic spoon will wait until I place my guys, and I'll wait until he places his guys, stalling out the game until the game dies off. Years later we will look back and wonder how such a promising game died right before the climax. Actually probably not wondering. A lot of games like this die like that  :P (rip in pieces dragon clans)

Anyway. Iituem. If we both place our fifth token on the same turn, is it a tie?
If so, Demonic spoon, I'd be okay doing that with you.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 25, 2015, 08:27:44 am »

Firegourd cream is spicy, but does wonders for your complexion.  Try some today!
It also makes your you-know-what bigger, better and brighter than ever!  ;D

I assume Micelus offer is to destroy one of other persons places that they have dudes. Since as is we will both win on turn 10 without interference, but if we lose one of our main areas, we'll probably lose. Well, I mean, realistically unless the improver destroys my area, turn 10 is not going to happen, since Demonic spoon will wait until I place my guys, and I'll wait until he places his guys, stalling out the game until the game dies off. Years later we will look back and wonder how such a promising game died right before the climax. Actually probably not wondering. A lot of games like this die like that  :P (rip in pieces dragon clans)

Anyway. Iituem. If we both place our fifth token on the same turn, is it a tie?
If so, Demonic spoon, I'd be okay doing that with you.
Tie would be as awesome as the World Tree coming back as an undead monstrosity hellbent on revenge, so yes, I'd be down for that. Crystal and Fire shall rule the galaxy side by side!

Tie-wins are best wins imo, like what happened in Usec Officer's Hyper Countries at War with me and Sheb. Technically everyone else still had somewhat of a fighting chance before we merged together into one huge overbearing superdoomblob with an absolute tech advantage and got ourselves an automatic game over. Ah, good times. That victory is still treasured.

EDIT: A quick search didn't turn anything up so could I get a link to that Dragon Clans thing?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:47:08 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28