Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33847 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 6]
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2015, 03:03:25 am »

((Oops. Forgot I hadn't done anything yet.))

"My apologies chap, but if your creations can't survive without that glowing gaseous orb, I certainly can't say they're worthy of survival. Now if you excuse me, I have an apocalypse to watch."

1. 10 Mana. Spread Firegourds to Hateful Eruption.
Pass

((Umm, you edited your action? Honestly I don't mind either way but Iituem might be unhappy.))

"Bwahahaha! The fake sun has been destroyed! Tremble and despair rejoice! The Supreme Radiant is the one true sun!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:08:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2015, 03:55:31 am »

((That counts? The turn hasn't even been made yet. Should I revert it?))

EDIT: Changed it back to original turn.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:19:13 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2015, 02:21:57 pm »

Death of the Sun

The Supreme Radiant's spark had been diminished by the branches of the World-Tree, but it gathered support from its allies.  The Jester gave of its brilliant shine to the Radiant, the Mother of her breath.  All the Improver needed give was his inaction.  The Radiant shone again with a fury equal to the sun and shot forth beyond the skies to duel its better.  Forty long years the battle reigned, sprays of sunstuff and radiance scattered to the reaches of space, until all that remained in the sun's place was the feeble, weakened glow of the Supreme Radiant.

Across the surface of Nursery, the absence of the sun shattered the carefully built ecosystems of the world.  Plants died across the surface and a long ice age descended upon the planet in the absence of the warming light of the sun.  In its place, the ruddy glow of the Infernal Realm only served to prevent the world being completely encased in ice.

Lots of fluff updates.  All plantlife is extinguished, and the World Tree receives 65 mana in sacrificial breath from the loss of 13 tokens.  Needless to say, all mana income is axed.  World Tree still has all action slots, if needed.  Nursery is plunged into ice and shadow.

A note to all players:  Even if you don't win this Era, your deity persists to the next Era.

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:07:17 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2015, 07:32:01 pm »

((Err, not that I necessarily want to help Pencil after he attacked me, but didn't he have 15 tokens? not 13?

Also. Sorry for that being so harsh pencil. I'm not sure if I liked helping to fully knock you out, but at that point it looked like you were just going to consume me if I didn't.

Huh, Iituem, can I give my sphere of undeath to Pencil if I wanted to? It seems like he might have a greater claim on it at this point then I do >.>))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:34:02 pm by Criptfeind »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2015, 11:33:58 pm »

Don't worry. Is the sun back already?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2015, 11:56:34 pm »

I think that's a typo in the stats,

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2015, 01:48:45 am »

((Giving Pencil the Undeath Sphere would seem pretty appropriate yeah. I'm in favour of that happening, if Pencil is interested in using it. It also means he wouldn't need to waste the majority of his mana on recreating the sun, and be less vulnerable to losing the sun, so he could stay in the game, rather than probably ending the era with a single pioneer.))

The Supreme Radiant churned with satisfaction, his smug glow casting a dim gloriously bright light across the worlds. The death of the World Tree's plant things were simply an unavoidable side-effect of wiping out his archnemesis.

But now, now he was triumphant! No one could outshine him! No one could make him feel inferior by their mere existence!

Only, that wretchedly tenacious tree-thing had sucked up the souls of its dying creations, growing bloated with the power of the dead. If it were to gather the shattered remnants of the sun and rekindle it once more...

No. No! Resolve thickened in the burning heart of the Supreme Radiant as it vowed to itself that it would destroy the sun however many times it needed to. There could be only one!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:56:58 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2015, 04:38:45 am »

"Ah, truly a beauty. The aroma, the colours, the scents and the raw emotion! Truly a masterpiece. Now, if you excuse me, I must rest after such a viewing."

Pass (The Improver is having an artist's block. >_>)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:56:43 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2015, 04:56:09 am »

"Ah, truly a beauty. The aroma, the colours, the scents and the raw emotion! Truly a masterpiece. Now, if you excuse me, I must rest after such a viewing."

Pass (The Improver is having an artist's block. >_>)
Well we're still waiting on Pencil's actions before the next round though. Good luck with the block though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2015, 07:36:02 am »

(( It also means he wouldn't need to waste the majority of his mana on recreating the sun, and be less vulnerable to losing the sun, so he could stay in the game, rather than probably ending the era with a single pioneer.))

This was my thought when I said that as well. But then I remembered the mana credit from creation. And the plants creation cost discount. So I guess it's not as big a deal. Although it could still be thematically appropriate.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:38:14 am by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:27 am »

(( It also means he wouldn't need to waste the majority of his mana on recreating the sun, and be less vulnerable to losing the sun, so he could stay in the game, rather than probably ending the era with a single pioneer.))

This was my thought when I said that as well. But then I remembered the mana credit from creation. And the plants creation cost discount. So I guess it's not as big a deal. Although it could still be thematically appropriate.
So... three pioneers then? It'll still take a while to get past pioneers though.
BRAINDERP
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:51:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2015, 07:47:10 am »

Well, could afford a P T1 and T2.

I mean, no, that's not great. In fact, it's pretty dang awful. But it's no better then what one could do with undeath domain.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2015, 07:50:26 am »

Well, could afford a P T1 and T2.

I mean, no, that's not great. In fact, it's pretty dang awful. But it's no better then what one could do with undeath domain.
... oh yeah. I completely forgot how mana credit works for a minute there, my bad. Yeah, that's pretty reasonable, it'd put him on an even footing with the Improver and the Mother just about, though the Improver has the largest current stockpile of mana.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2015, 07:07:01 am »

((Err, not that I necessarily want to help Pencil after he attacked me, but didn't he have 15 tokens? not 13?

Also. Sorry for that being so harsh pencil. I'm not sure if I liked helping to fully knock you out, but at that point it looked like you were just going to consume me if I didn't.

Huh, Iituem, can I give my sphere of undeath to Pencil if I wanted to? It seems like he might have a greater claim on it at this point then I do >.>))

Yeah, I'll allow you to grant that sphere.  Would work quite well flavour wise as well.  But yeah, once Pencil's actions are sorted, I'll do the turn.

Edit:  I think in the next full game of this, when we return to the First Era I'll rejigger the rules for Elemental Sources.  Likely I'll have it possible to create a Source of Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Void, and you can expand those using cheaper Lands to spread them.  Will give the other Elements the same degree of vulnerability, while preserving land availability.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:12:26 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 24, 2015, 11:57:00 pm »

Yeah, I'll allow you to grant that sphere.  Would work quite well flavour wise as well.  But yeah, once Pencil's actions are sorted, I'll do the turn.

Edit:  I think in the next full game of this, when we return to the First Era I'll rejigger the rules for Elemental Sources.  Likely I'll have it possible to create a Source of Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Void, and you can expand those using cheaper Lands to spread them.  Will give the other Elements the same degree of vulnerability, while preserving land availability.
*Sees Edit*

So what, like a primal elemental heart of fire? Primal Elemental Heart of Earth?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28