Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33943 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 2]
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2015, 07:53:11 am »

I'd still have to create a new species to fill up T2/T3/T4 in the Chasm right? Don't got the mana right now so I'm just gathering T1s.

EDIT: Imma just going to RP the Improver as seeing the Mother as a rival just so I don't have to go edit my actions.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2015, 07:54:42 am »

I'd still have to create a new species to fill up T2/T3/T4 in the Chasm right? Don't got the mana right now so I'm just gathering T1s.
Because I'm feeling nice, I'd like to note that it'd be pretty cheap to link the Kaos Falls to the Lightseen caverns, and just spread your T1s and T2 to the chasm. If you want the new fauna to be different from the original fauna, you're allowed to do that, since the spreading can be fluffed as evolution of a new species.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2015, 07:56:01 am »

Spoon, with your ability to remember to read the rules, why don't you just win the era already? Seriously, I keep forgetting the rules >_<.

So would everyone be fine with me editing my actions again or should we just get on with it?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2015, 07:58:14 am »

Spoon, with your ability to remember to read the rules, why don't you just win the era already?
Believe me, I'm trying! But it'd be dickish to do that by screwing you guys over because you can't remember the rules.

Seriously, I keep forgetting the rules >_<.
To be fair, I have an abnormally good memory for this sort of stuff, when I take the time to actually go through rules instead of just skimming them.

So would everyone be fine with me editing my actions again or should we just get on with it?
Giglamesh has yet to post anything, so it's not like you'd be holding us up.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2015, 08:03:01 am »

By the way, I figure I might as well ask now.

Iitem: How exactly does spreading work, the rules are somewhat unclear on the specifics. Specifically, although it's clear that you need a connection I can't figure out if there is a limit on distance or not. Like, can you spread anywhere so long as a connection exists? Like could the blade grass migrate down into my abyss because they are connected though the caverns, or could they only go down to the caverns? And, if there is a distance limit on spreading, can a fauna that is on a continent spread to any other continent that has a link to the first continent, or only to continents that have a direct connection to the area that the fauna is in? Like, could the Haze Bees spread into the Lightseen caverns, because the caverns are connected to The Glen, or do they need that direct connection?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:59 am »

"True true, the sun was here first. Valid question where it came. Maybe made by greater god? Maybe made naturally. Maybe it is a god. But as gods, are role is not to philosophise; we make answer for the next who are to come, yes? They are to ask questions. Perhaps I misword; we can philosophise but that is not our role. Why philosophise when there is work, work work to do? Seems not-divine to ponder what mortals will."

The being shifted silently for a moment.

"We think and ask. Yes. Ask questions? Yes. But to think too much is not what we ought to. Perhaps this itself is philosophy? Maybe. I do not know and care little. Leave it for mortals to think."

"I will only accept this if you only create a tier 1 token on it next turn."

"Certainly. One for each plant spread of your accord. Which I expect 3 minimum, yes? "

"It is done."
((What exactly is done? I don't notice any changes in your turn and the negotiations you two were doing are completely opaque to me for some reason.))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:15:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2015, 08:15:05 am »

My offer: I won't compete with him and he'll spread at least 3 Grass tokens in the Glen. He accepted. Not sure if he means to do that next turn or this turn.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2015, 08:17:19 am »

My offer: I won't compete with him and he'll spread at least 3 Grass tokens in the Glen. He accepted. Not sure if he means to do that next turn or this turn.
I'm guessing next turn. Pencil_Art confirm?

EDIT: At least? He can spread a maximum of 3 at most? EDIT2: Per turn that is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:19:53 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2015, 08:20:25 am »

((I thought the limit only applied to 3 per land? Can't he spread into other parts of the Glen?))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2015, 08:20:57 am »

Three per turn.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2015, 08:21:37 am »

((I thought the limit only applied to 3 per land? Can't he spread into other parts of the Glen?))
I'm talking about the action limit per turn, as Criptfiend said.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2015, 08:24:54 am »

(Guess he'll be spreading 3 then.))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2015, 08:47:55 am »

"True true, the sun was here first. Valid question where it came. Maybe made by greater god? Maybe made naturally. Maybe it is a god. But as gods, are role is not to philosophise; we make answer for the next who are to come, yes? They are to ask questions. Perhaps I misword; we can philosophise but that is not our role. Why philosophise when there is work, work work to do? Seems not-divine to ponder what mortals will."

The being shifted silently for a moment.

"We think and ask. Yes. Ask questions? Yes. But to think too much is not what we ought to. Perhaps this itself is philosophy? Maybe. I do not know and care little. Leave it for mortals to think."

"I will only accept this if you only create a tier 1 token on it next turn."

"Certainly. One for each plant spread of your accord. Which I expect 3 minimum, yes? "

"It is done."

Supreme Radiant revolves leisurely, low rumbles addressing the World Tree, "One of green, I urge you reconsider you pact with the self-titled 'Improver'. His honeyed words hide a trap beneath them, and he will surely betray you once he has gotten what he desires from you. The true nature of his fungi are ultimately like that of he himself, parasites. Without a host to feed on they are no threat at all, yet if they find a suitable population to prey on they will propagate without stopping.

You need only look at his actions so far to see the truth in my words. Already has driven an entire species to extinction! By freely spreading your grass, and so providing them a host, you are dooming yourself to slavery beneath his yoke of 'progress'. Once more, I urge you reconsider!"

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:50:34 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2015, 09:02:56 am »

"What does a being of light and heat have to fear from a creature of darkness and mold anyway? What is your stake in this matter, False Sun?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2015, 09:22:08 am »

"What does a being of light and heat have to fear from a creature of darkness and mold anyway? What is your stake in this matter, False Sun?"
"False Sun?! You go too far Jester! You who are ashamed enough of your own creations that you would destroy them!"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28