Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33935 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 2]
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2015, 09:05:57 am »

Yeah. I will just be using a savanna version of the Archen Runner. I'll get the new Stat post up.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

So the Cha-cha and Weavers are competing now?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:08:15 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2015, 09:10:27 am »

Create the Ferocious Savanna (Plains): - 50 Mana. Connect to Oaken Glade. +1 Free Fauna Action & +55 Mana Credit (For Fauna Actions only)

Spread Pioneers to the Roiling Vortex: - 5 Mana Credit
You seem to have meant to spread them to the ferocious savanna instead.

Spread Tier 2 Token on Ferocious Savanna. -10 Mana Credit
Creating a Tier 2 Token would cost you 60 mana (15 spreading cost multiplied by 4). And it is create, not spread, since you don't have any tier 2 tokens.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2015, 09:16:47 am »

I have no idea what's going on anymore. So many edits. ;.;

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2015, 09:19:57 am »

I have no idea what's going on anymore. So many edits. ;.;
Essentially, Pencil Art is changing his turn. Don't bother worrying about it till he has all the kinks worked out.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2015, 06:13:10 pm »

Yup. Sorry guys.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2015, 06:22:34 pm »

Okay! I am done! Hopefully no more confusion on the future! You can use the current version of the turn. Are the Weavers and the Cha Cha competing? I am sorry about that, scap.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:33:19 pm by Pencil_Art »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2015, 07:38:30 pm »

Oh dear gods, what?  Let me try and sift through this.  o_o

Cha chas in the Roiling and Aether, check.

Undersea has a connection problem.  You need the make the Sea deeper or wider first, as the Roiling Vortex is already connected to the Oaken Glen.  If someone were to add another bit of sea beneath the vortex, you could link it to that.  I've still created the undersea to allow the siren action, though.

So... Create savannah for 50, +55 credit, check.
Spread Blade Grass (Variant Savannah Grass) to the savannah, -5 credit, check. (free action)
Spread Archen Runners to the savannah, -10 credit, check.
Create Archen Saplings in the savannah, -40 credit, -20 mana, check.

As a result of all this jiggery-pokery, the weavers and cha chas are currently competing, but this can be avoided by providing more pioneers in the Roiling.

Spoiler: The Worlds (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2015, 07:58:32 pm »

How much are being bid for The Cha Cha?

And, whoops on that thing, I missed the single connection (other then for skies) rule. Since that was a illegal action can I, If you don't mind, change my action to this: Create undersea connected to the lightseen caverns. Create Abyss connected to the Undersea, Create Abyss connected to the new abyss. This leaves me with 275 credits to make on creature creation -75 from the siren, and then two actions to spend on creating with the other 200, which I'm writing up now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:34:59 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »

I'll adjust accordingly in the next post, don't forget to name your lands.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2015, 10:02:56 pm »

Spoiler: Old Turn. Ignore. (click to show/hide)

Pleased with the Mouth for now, the Improver decided to play with fire. The Radiant's creations were beautiful; the inanimate made animate. These creations were like actors, playing the role of the living as directed by their creator. They also, conveniently enough, offered a good source of energy for life. As such, the Improver crafted a leathery fungus. Resembling a leathery vase, these Firegourds filter-fed on sparklings. Excess energy was converted into a dense sugar-rich liquid.

Wanting a change of scenery, the Improver shifted to the Crimson Aether, observing the artworks of his peers. He found these atmotes most interesting and desired to improve them. As such, he created the Pirate Tethers, colonial fungi that would grow on the atmotes and form structures upon them. These 'propellers' and 'wings' would make the organism more aerodynamic, increasing their survivability. They of course, fed on the Atmotes, carefully leeching nutrients, ensuring the host did not explode via a sedative. Predatory Cha-Chas would find that these Pirate Tethers also protected their hosts with spiky stems, hopefully dissuading them from attacking.
[/spoiler]

The Improver, after many mistakes and mishaps, created the Azure Chamber, a perfectly spherical construction hidden within the heart of the Lightseen Caverns. While in the dark it was but another cave, once lit, it would reveal the largest sapphires the world had ever known.

Action 1: 50 Mana Create the Azure Chamber [Lightseen Caverns].
Action 2: Link Kaos Chasm to Lightseen Caverns.
Action 3: 10 Mana. Spread Nomadic Moulds to Kaos Falls
Free Action: Spread Nomadic Moulds to all available slots in the Glens
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:07:47 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »

In the depths of the earth the Jester roiled and tumbled in anger. Drawing the void tighter around itself raised itself up and looked over the world. As it raised the void of anger it had gathered around itself absorbed the gods feelings, taking on a spark of life of it's own it spread from the gods passage from the earth, chewing at the sides of reality, it became a thing of anger and secrecy. This rip in reality fell away from the god backwards though the earth, consuming all in it's way and leaving behind a area of nothing. Continuing like this until it broke out the other side of the world. This malignant force birthed from the Jester took in two distinct parts. The Well of Secrets, a seemingly endless section of the Abyss shrouded in darkness, light, sounds, practically any sensory information are greatly muted in this area, as the very nature of the zone sucks away the ability of information to be passed from one being to another. Those who do not keep sharp track of their thoughts might even find their memories plundered and things that they learned slipping away from them. Create Abyss connected to the Undersea. 100 mana The creativity stolen in the Well of Secrets finds it home in the second area, the Forge of Reality, is a constantly shifting morass of nothing. A dangerous area where shapes, beings, and more abstract things like thoughts and feelings constantly spring from the void and then meld back into nothing just as quickly. Beings in this area must keep a close attention on both their minds and bodies, lest they find them mutated and warped by the constantly shifting nature of the area. Create an Abyss connected to the Well of Secrets (and presumably the sky?). 100 mana.

Together the two Abyss, which bend strangely though space, are known collectively as the Jesters Pit. Named after the god who's thoughts and feelings spawned them.

The god finally came up out of the earth, it's dark thoughts cast off to fester and grow on their own. The Divine being took a look around what had happened since it descended into the ground. Surprised to see so many other creatures had popped into existence since it started creating it own it took it's time to look them over. In particular it was inspired by the Haze bees that flew among the plants, creatures of little worth on the surface, the god could see that there was creativity of a type it had never experienced before hidden away within the poisons of their stings. A complex and beautifully made chemical with mind altering properties, a whole new avenue for the Jester to explore. The Jester grabbed a rock and flattened it, turning up the sides to make it into a bowl and adding six legs for it to rest on. From there it grabbed a flock of the Haze bees, and mashing them up the rock bowl the god experimented with the chemicals within their stings. Drawing from the environment the Jester created many new and different creations in that bowl, from the deadliest of poisons, to miracle medicine, to grand hallucinogens. The Jester experimented in a way that it never had before. Creating and ingesting it's creations one after another.

Weeks later the Jester woke up, surrounded by many of the bowls, all of them mutated into strange shapes and moving in strange patterns around the god. The Jester fled the area, leaving it's creations behind.

Free action: Create the Bowlmen in The Oaken Glade . Crystal. T3 (100 mana from mana credit). The Bowlmen resemble squat humanoids, with short thick bodies, attached directly to a squarish head. They have long and thick legs and arms ending in clumsy digits. Their most distinct feature is the large stone bowl attached directly to their head. They instinctively gather materials from the grove that they live in, mainly the Haze Bees, to produce various mixes inside of their bowls to produce a staggering variety of chemicals. After a chemical is produced they consume it and store it internally for later use. They use these chemicals for almost everything in their life, consuming them for energy, using them to ward off the stings of the bees though a miasma of smoke, releasing clouds of poison for defense. They even communicate with each other by releasing various chemical markers. The bowlmen typically live in small groups. Despite their alchemical powers, they are still of animal intellect, only creating and using the chemicals on instinct with no true understanding of what they do.

The Jester fled deeper into the glade from its own creations. His accidental abominations. The worst part of it all was that the god knew that its creations here could be seen by any and all who wished to do so. This would not stand. No one could be allowed to gaze on the works of a God, even those that were accidental. To resolve this issue the Jester summoned a being from deep within the earth. A great Crystal sprouted out in the glade and shattered as the Jesters will was made manifest. The shards shown a brilliant white, before sinking into the soft dirt. After several moments the ground heaved up in a number of shapes made of dirt, stone, and plantlife. The hunters were ready.

Create the Unmakers in the The Oaken Glade. T4 Crystal. The Unmakers are, at their core, a shard of crystal empowered with a divine spark. They gather up the materials around them to produce their bodies, which offers a staggering verity of possible shapes and sizes, although most tend towards a sleek and stealthy build. The purpose of the unmakers is the hunt. They search out beings of higher complexity, and after killing them, absorb them into their own mass, from there the beings are reduced down into their base components, flesh beings into carbon and water, crystal or rock beings into the inanimate rocks that they sprung from. In this way they turn the complexity of the creature into energy for themselves, which they use to power their life, any excess energy going to growing their heart crystal. The heart crystal will eventually split when it reaches the correct size, turning into two or more unmakers. The unmakers strictly live alone, and will refuse to share territory with one another, fighting to the death for it if need be.

Total actions this turn:

A1: Create the Undersea Caverns connected to the Lightseen Caverns. (-50 mana +55 credits)
A2: Create The Well of Secrets Abyss connected to the Undersea caverns. (-100 mana, +110 credits)
A3: Create The Forge of Reality Abyss add to the Well of Secrets Abyss (name the whole area the Jesters Pit) (-100 mana, +110 credits)
Free Action: Create the Sirens, T2 Crystal in the The Roiling Sea (-75 Credits)
Free Action: Create the Bowlmen, T3 Crystal in the Oaken  Glade (-100 Credits)
Free Action: Create the Unmakers, T4 Crystal in the Oaken Glade (-100 Credits, -25 mana)

Total: 3 Actions, -275 mana.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:36:48 pm by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2015, 12:19:24 am »

Action 2: -137.5 Mana (25x5+12.5). Create Abyssal Walkers [T4] in Lightseen Caves
Action 3: -55 Mana (10x5+5)  Create the Pirate Tethers [T1] in the Crimson Aether. Bid 10 Mana to Compete.[/b]
What? What's that +12.5 and +5?  You don't have any T3 fauna, so can't create T4 fauna.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2015, 12:24:03 am »

The 12.5 and 5 are from the 110% man's reimbursement from making land. As for not being able to make T4, I must've read the rules wrong. Will fix when I get to a computer.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2015, 12:28:06 am »

The 12.5 and 5 are from the 110% man's reimbursement from making land. As for not being able to make T4, I must've read the rules wrong. Will fix when I get to a computer.
You get 110 Mana Credit from making the abyss. You then use that credit to pay for fauna actions.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2015, 12:30:46 am »

Ohhh. Will edit soon.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28