Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33862 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 10:49:20 am »

So, I got a question/statement about the tokens, which Demonic Spoon just highlighted a bit, if you can bank them, and use them for not pioneers.. Then at a point, it becomes more cost efficient to just make new lands instead of new races. And you also get a thing where, it makes a lot of sense to just keep making new lands, if you want to win that is. Just keep making lands and banking tokens until you have enough to instantly win the game. Wait on a turn until the other players have expended their actions, and there's nothing that can stop you. Sure, you don't generate more mana this way, but the starting pool is enough to make ten low costs lands, which is enough to just win the game once there are five T2 or more creatures.
I don't believe you can bank bonus tokens beyond the end of the turn.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 10:49:58 am »

So, I got a question/statement about the tokens, which Demonic Spoon just highlighted a bit, if you can bank them, and use them for not pioneers.. Then at a point, it becomes more cost efficient to just make new lands instead of new races. And you also get a thing where, it makes a lot of sense to just keep making new lands, if you want to win that is. Just keep making lands and banking tokens until you have enough to instantly win the game. Wait on a turn until the other players have expended their actions, and there's nothing that can stop you. Sure, you don't generate more mana this way, but the starting pool is enough to make ten low costs lands, which is enough to just win the game once there are five T2 or more creatures.
but you can suspend that bonus until the end of this round.
Seem cut and dry.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2015, 10:51:16 am »

Ahh. I see, that will stop banking for a instant win in the future, but it doesn't change that making new lands is a cheaper way of getting creatures then making creatures. Which seems. Weird?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2015, 10:55:20 am »

I think the tokens are simple for another action, not wiping out the cost so spoon need to spend another 50 mana. (and take 50 mana from me on his spoiler)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:57:39 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2015, 11:02:11 am »

I think the tokens are simple for another action, not wiping out the cost so spoon need to spend another 50 mana. (and take 50 mana from me on his spoiler)
No, they're explicitly free.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2015, 11:05:27 am »

Name: Ketari Bird-Eater
Appearance: A great feathered sky wyrm, with feathers of iridescent blues and greens. The feathers are hard and sharp as glass. The mighty head has a jagged beak, designed to rip and tear. Twenty-two eyes, each different, are arranged in a pattern around a single central large eye.
Personality: Ah, to feel the wing over your feathers! The rush of diving onto your prey from above! One is predator, or one is prey, and the status quo is always changing...
Agenda: To create a brutal biosphere, where only the strongest triumph.
Sphere of Life: Skylife
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:18:31 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 11:12:47 am »

Name: Ketari Bird-Eater
Personality: Ah, to feel the wing over your feathers! The rush of diving onto your prey from above! One is predator, or one is prey, and the status quo is always changing...
Agenda: To create a brutal biosphere, where only the strongest triumph.
Sphere of Life: Skylife
Still needs an appearance

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2015, 11:16:09 am »

Okay *rereads* Ah, it limited to tier one only and as all lands cost as least 50 mana, only plant and undead can save mana that way.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2015, 11:19:08 am »

Okay *rereads* Ah, it limited to tier one only and as all lands cost as least 50 mana, only plant and undead can save mana that way.
I was assuming the GM said you could only create tier one fauna because you didn't have any tier one fauna yet.
you can only place Fauna of a given Tier if you have Fauna of the Tier below (of your colour) in existence.  The bottom tier of your sphere can always be placed (e.g. Pioneers for Plants, Tier 1 for Animals etc).

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2015, 11:19:29 am »

Name- blaze
Appearance- prefers to take the form of a red eyed human.
Personality- he loves to create and see his works flourish. Often friendly and calm, he is often understanding and merciful. But woe to the who receives no kindness or mercy from him, for to face his full wrath is agony, and perhaps worse than death.

Agenda- to create things and let the prosper. Also he hopes to also attain all spheres of influence, so as to combine them into extraordinary  works of life

-sphere -fire
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2015, 11:21:23 am »

I was assuming the GM said you could only create tier one fauna because you didn't have any tier one fauna yet.
Page 2
Please note that by creating a land you may also create a free new Fauna token (of Tier 1).  You can't right now because you can't pioneer, but you can suspend that bonus until the end of this round.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2015, 11:22:32 am »

Page 2
Please note that by creating a land you may also create a free new Fauna token (of Tier 1).  You can't right now because you can't pioneer, but you can suspend that bonus until the end of this round.
Yes?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2015, 11:25:36 am »

Page 2
Yes?
Why include the bolded part if the tokens could be used for any tier?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2015, 11:26:08 am »

Page 2
Yes?
Why include the bolded part if the tokens could be used for any tier?
...did you even actually read my post?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:42:15 am by Demonic Spoon »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2015, 11:31:01 am »

...did you actually read my post?
I'm talking about the free token you get from creating land. Your posts seem to also be talking about that token. Are you talking about something else?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28