Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33874 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 09:28:33 am »

You have no tokens because there is no air, which plants need.

Also it's alright to lay claim already right? I'm honestly not sure if another sphere of life is actually going to help me win. But, you know, it seemed thematically appropriate, and I have a few plans. (And I've thus far not gotten a grasp on how hard core mechanical cutthroat competitive this game will be vs a more collaborative storytelling game, albeit one with a winner. Snagging another sphere right away might have been a terrible move...)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:30:52 am by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 09:31:13 am »

The Jester watched as all the others started calling a great world from the void. It felt the urge to join them in creating it's secret wonders, but with the great blaze of the sun washing the land in a light that laid bare to all that was created it felt far too exposed. It retreated far from it's creator, fleeing from the sun into the deep void of space. Where it gathered the abyss of the void around itself to hide it's glorious form from the sight of any who might try to look upon it.

Lay claim to the sphere of undead life. 100 mana
Also it's alright to lay claim already right? I'm honestly not sure if another sphere of life is actually going to help me win. But, you know, it seemed thematically appropriate, and I have a few plans.
I'm honestly trying (and I fear failing :-[) not to be pushy, but I think it might be polite to delay this action till after GiglameshDespair posted his application, since he might have wanted to use the undead sphere?

Other than that, that's some cool roleplaying!

Why do I have no tokens? ::)
Quote from: Criptfeind
You have no tokens because there is no air, which plants need.
Actually it's because World Tree got mixed up with the Mother.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:34:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 09:33:22 am »

Ah right, yeah. That makes sense. Whoops. I thought he meant on the planet. Also yeah, you make a good point. If Giglamesh wants the sphere of undead and not the sphere of skylife and he's accepted into the game, he can have it, and I'll delete that action.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 09:34:49 am »

Oh for the love of Pete.  That's it, I'm putting everyone's name next to their deity so I don't get mixed up.  Pencil, you have no tokens because I got you mixed up with scrap.  Fixed below.  If you wish you can link the Vortex to the Oaken Glade for free.

And yeah, I'll allow you to buy the free sphere once Gig's been able to pick a god.  :D  But there's no reason not to pick a sphere off the bat, no.  If it fits with the story, feel free.

Quote from: Cosmology
- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [C]
  - The Rolling Hills (Plains) x The Lightseen Caves [Lightseen Caverns]
  - The Oaken Glade (Plains)

The Lightseen Caverns [C]
  - The Lightseen Caves (Caverns) x The Rolling Hills [The Glen]

The Rolling Sea [C]
  - The Rolling Vortex (Sea)

Quote from: Gods
The Jester (Crystal)  [Cript]
  500 mana

The World Tree (Plant)  [Pencil]
  400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Improver (Fungi)  [Micelus]
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Mother (Animal)  [Scrapheap]
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Supreme Radiant (Fire)  [Spoon]
  500 mana

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 09:35:51 am »

I changed my action back, but thanks.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 09:37:41 am »

The mother look up from the hills "I think we are missing a little something." she exhales, creating a pocket of air "Ah yes, just what we needed."

She tosses the air upward and it suddenly expands (create sky in The Glen -100 mana). "What a view, but why is it blue? Maybe a clue to it's name, the Azure sky?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:03 am »

Sorry, I'm confused.  What aspect did you change?  [And you can plant those Pioneers from tokens for free without it consuming an action, you just need someone to produce the Sky.]

Edit:  Sky created!  You can now decide where you want to pop those tokens down, Pencil.

Beneath an azure sky, a churning vortex of sea dominates the centre of a world filled with rolling hills and sandstorm-swept plains.  Water from the sea is distributed across the land in the form of raging storms, thick with lightning, and the water nourishes the great oak in the Oaken Glade.  Beneath those plains, lightless caverns riddle the surface of the earth, festooned with brilliant unseen jewels.

- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [C]

The Rolling Sea [C]

The Azure Sky [C]
  - The Azure Sky (Sky) x Rolling Sea, The Glen

The Jester (Crystal)  [Cript]
  500 mana

The World Tree (Plant)  [Pencil]
  400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Improver (Fungi)  [Micelus]
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Mother (Animal)  [Scrapheap]
  350 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

500 mana

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:28 am »

waitlist me plz

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:55 am »

Sorry, I'm confused.  What aspect did you change?
He temporarily edited his turn to buy the Skylife sphere, then removed it.
Edit:  Sky created!  You can now decide where you want to pop those tokens down, Pencil.
Wait, you don't have to use the token on the specific land you created that it comes from?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:59:49 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:16 am »

Nope, you can use it on any valid land (e.g. Fire can't use it on Sea, but they can get the token from creating a Sea).  I originally thought about binding it to the land you made, but this seemed more reasonable.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 10:10:45 am »

(Since it seems like Giglamesh has gone offline, or at least that's what his profile says, I'm going to move forward for now, I'll revisit the claiming a sphere action later)

The Jester fled the from the light of of the sun into the depths of the world, it went though the lightseencaverns, flittering here and there in their depths, it admired the glittering jewels that were shrouded in darkness. It reached out to them and brushed them with some of it's divine essence, creating the first life on the world. Parts of the gems broke off and fell to the floor, sprouting tiny crystal legs, they scuttled around in the darkness. The Gem Mites are created in the Lightseen Caverns! 25 mana

The Gem Mite
Pioneer
Crystal

A tiny crystalline being. It resembles a small fleck of a gem with tiny legs and mandibles. Created by a god that loves beauty, they consume not food or energy, but rather beauty itself. They prey on the gems in the walls of the caverns. Attaching themselves to the gems, they extract the shine, luster, and color of the gem. The mites body takes on the aspect of the gem that was just consumed, and can grow larger if the gem was of high enough equality and size itself (relative to the number of mites that were feeding on it of course). When the mite becomes large enough it splits in two down one of it's fracture lines, becoming two new mites, who then go off to consume more beauty. This unnatural consumption of a gem leaves it as a small grey stone, as it's beauty is sucked away. However a gem will eventually recover from this, although it can take years or decades. Only the beauty of the stone was sucked away, with the cause of the beauty, that being the composition of the gem, still intact eventually the beauty will grow back, shining out from the gem and returning color and shine to it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:13:46 am by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 10:22:59 am »

Beneath an azure sky, a churning vortex of sea dominates the centre of a world filled with rolling hills and sandstorm-swept plains.  Water from the sea is distributed across the land in the form of raging storms, thick with lightning, and the water nourishes the great oak in the Oaken Glade.

Beneath those plains, lightless caverns riddle the surface of the earth, festooned with brilliant unseen jewels.  Tiny gem-like mites scuttle across the hidden beauties of the caverns, clustering over beautiful geodes and gemstones.  Swarms of these mites can pass over astonishing gems, leaving only dull grey rocks in their wake.

- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [C]

- [P] Gem Mite

The Rolling Sea [C]

The Azure Sky [C]
  - The Azure Sky (Sky) x Rolling Sea, The Glen

The Jester (Crystal)  [Cript] /
  475 mana
  1 mana/turn

The World Tree (Plant)  [Pencil] //
  400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Improver (Fungi)  [Micelus] /
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Mother (Animal)  [Scrapheap] //
  350 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

500 mana

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:25:34 am by Iituem »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 10:38:01 am »

The skitter of the mites draw the Mother to the Jester's lands. Seeing the glittering insects give the goddess an idea of an animal(tier 1 -50 mana -1 Fauna token).

The Gem Licker(Animal, tier 1)
Small, four legged lizard-like creatures with long, thin tongues that dwell in the dark. They are blind, born without eyes and prey on the Gem Mites, catching them on their sticky tongue and gobbling them up. Their skin is dull, the colour of bare rock.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 10:42:43 am »

The Supreme Radiant watched the others work for a while, before moving away from them, much further away from the cursed sun. So smug, just because it's big and bright. He'd show them. He'd show them all!

Its surface rippled, and then a small droplet of fire shot out, wibbling and wobbling. Slowly its surface cooled, until it was rock, with spurts of fire shooting out occasionally. A new, volcanic planet was formed, the Infernal Realm. And there, among the Blazing Peaks, from atop a Fire Mountain, he took the sparks rising up out of the Volcanoes, and imbued them with a hint of life. Sparklings, the first life in the Infernal Realm, were born.

He then formed molds of rock, making crablike exoskeletons, then poured liquid flames into the hollow shells, creating Magma Crabs, to feed on the Sparklings.

Then he created lizards, with bones of stone, a scaly hide of metal, and a bellyful of fire. These Dragons, eagerly devoured the Magma Crabs to keep their inner fire topped up.

Action 1: -100 Mana. Create the Infernal Realm, Blazing Peaks, Fire Mountain. Fauna Token temporarily banked
Action 2: -25 Mana. Create Sparkling Pioneers at Fire Mountain
Action 3: -50 Mana Create Magma Crabs at Fire Mountain
Free: Create Dragons at Fire Mountain -1 Bonus Fauna Token

Turn Complete

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:13:55 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 10:47:37 am »

So, I got a question/statement about the tokens, which Demonic Spoon just highlighted a bit, if you can bank them, and use them for not pioneers.. Then at a point, it becomes more cost efficient to just make new lands instead of new races. And you also get a thing where, it makes a lot of sense to just keep making new lands, if you want to win that is. Just keep making lands and banking tokens until you have enough to instantly win the game. Wait on a turn until the other players have expended their actions, and there's nothing that can stop you. Sure, you don't generate more mana this way, but the starting pool is enough to make ten low costs lands, which is enough to just win the game once there are five T2 or more creatures.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28