Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33850 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 08:54:23 am »

The white creature look upon the empty space and moves an arm, revealing it's current form to be a yeti. With the wave, a shape forms, a big open plain appears. The Mother, for that was the goddess's name, paused before poking a few spots on in the dirt. Hills roses from the flat plain.

"Tada! The Rolling Hills!" she states in a high mood "Oh, and that area can be called The Glen." she gesture around the plain.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:56:22 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 08:57:10 am »

The white creature look upon the empty space and moves an arm, revealing it's current form to be a yeti. With the wave, a shape forms, a big open plain appears. The Mother, for that was the goddess's name, paused before poking a few spots on in the dirt. Hills roses from the flat plain.

"Tada! The Rolling Hills!" she states in a high mood "Oh, and that area can be called The Glen." she gesture around the plain.
You are aware you get three actions every turn right?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 08:59:15 am »

You are aware you get three actions every turn right?
(yes, I'm just waiting to see what the others will do.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 09:06:56 am »

For clarity, can you please add a bolded mana cost to your actions?  It helps you (and everyone) keep track of your current mana, amongst other things.  e.g. [Create Land (Plains): -50 mana]

Please note that by creating a land you may also create a free new Fauna token (of Tier 1).  You can't right now because you can't pioneer, but you can suspend that bonus until the end of this round.

Quote from: Cosmology
- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [C]
  - The Rolling Hills (Plains)

Quote from: Gods
The Jester (Crystal)
  500 mana

The World Tree (Plant)
  500 mana

The Improver (Fungi)
  500 mana

The Mother (Animal)
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Supreme Radiant (Fire)
  500 mana

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:14:04 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 09:11:13 am »

For clarity, can you please add a bolded mana cost to your actions?  It helps you (and everyone) keep track of your current mana, amongst other things.  e.g. [Create Land (Plains): -50 mana]

Please note that by creating a land you may also create a free new Fauna token (of Tier 1).  You can't right now because you can't pioneer, but you can suspend that bonus until the end of this round.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As proof of it helping everyone keep track of everything, you mixed up the Improver and the Mother.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:33:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:13 am »

Elevated
            Dirt...Life
                         ....None?

The being that would become known as the Improver coalesced his form next to Mother, spinning in glee.

"Brilliant decision friend! Wide plains for the drafts to be drawn. Maybe add in some...depth?"

With a slight twitch, the Improver descended underground, cutting vast tunnels and caves under the plain. He called it the 'Lightseen Caves'.

Action 1: 50 Mana. Create The Lightseen Caves[Caverns] and connect to The Rolling Hills[Plains]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:36:34 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 09:15:33 am »

The seed plant roots into the void, and grows into the from of a huge oaken tree, with a wise face and gnarled branches."I shall create a land for my children to call home!"

[Create Land (Plains, connected to Rolling Hills): - 50 Mana] "And call it.....the Oaken Glade."

[Plant Pioneers onto the Oaken Glades: - 100 Mana] "Maybe someone else can create the sky?" He asks hopefully.

[Created Land (Sea, named the Roiling Vortex): -50 Mana]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:34:57 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 09:18:57 am »

The seed plant roots into the void, and grows into the from of a huge oaken tree, with a wise face and gnarled branches."I shall create a land for my children to call home!"

[Create Land (Plains, connected to Rolling Hills): - 50 Mana] "And call it.....the Oaken Glade."

[Use my Pioneer token on the Oaken Glade (Is this possible? Do I need to create an ocean first?)]
You need ocean and sky first.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 09:19:53 am »

D' oh.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 09:20:00 am »

OK. Stand by for application.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 09:22:24 am »

Ah, the bitter sting of hypocrisy!  'Tis fixed.

Also, Improver, when you create a Land in its own continent, you can link it to a free Land on any other continenet at no cost (so in this case you don't need to spend the 25 mana connection cost).  Additionally, if you add a Land to an existing continent, you can make a free connection to a Land in a continent already linked with its home continent (see the Worked Examples in the OP, it's complex).

Either way, you only got deducted 50 mana.

Mother - Someone needs to create a source of Water first, yes.  And Air, for that matter.  Someone needs to make some Sky and a Sea, and then you're set.  In fact you're set with two tokens.

The World is a dry place, though not fully barren.  The stars shine directly upon the rolling hills and plains of the Glen, their light never reaching the riddled network of caverns beneath.  In one glade, a mighty oak has taken root, flourishing despite the lack of air and water.

Quote from: Cosmology
- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [C]
  - The Rolling Hills (Plains) x The Lightseen Caves [Lightseen Caverns]
  - The Oaken Glade (Plains)

The Lightseen Caverns [C]
  - The Lightseen Caves (Caverns) x The Rolling Hills [The Glen]

Quote from: Gods
The Jester (Crystal)
  500 mana

The World Tree (Plant)
  500 mana

The Improver (Fungi)
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Mother (Animal)
  400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Supreme Radiant (Fire)
  500 mana

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 09:24:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It seems that this time you mixed up the World Tree and the Mother...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:34:10 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 09:25:21 am »

PTW

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 09:26:10 am »

The Jester watched as all the others started calling a great world from the void. It felt the urge to join them in creating it's secret wonders, but with the great blaze of the sun washing the land in a light that laid bare to all that was created it felt far too exposed. It retreated far from it's creator, fleeing from the sun into the deep void of space. Where it gathered the abyss of the void around itself to hide it's glorious form from the sight of any who might try to look upon it.

Lay claim to the sphere of undead life. 100 mana

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 09:27:47 am »

Why do I have no tokens? ::)
The Jester watched as all the others started calling a great world from the void. It felt the urge to join them in creating it's secret wonders, but with the great blaze of the sun washing the land in a light that laid bare to all that was created it felt far too exposed. It retreated far from it's creator, fleeing from the sun into the deep void of space. Where it gathered the abyss of the void around itself to hide it's glorious form from the sight of any who might try to look upon it.

Lay claim to the sphere of undead life. 100 mana

Wait whaaaaat.

Can I change my action? Because I just did.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:35:10 am by Pencil_Art »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28