Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33828 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 5]
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2015, 08:23:05 am »

Hopefully pencil will decide it's not worth fighting me when someone else is trying to literally remove her from the round permanently!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:45 am »

Hopefully pencil will decide it's not worth fighting me when someone else is trying to literally remove her from the round permanently!
Eh, spending one mana to preserve a 25 mana investment is sort of a no-brainer criptfiend.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2015, 08:26:16 am »

That's is absolutely true. However, she currently has a mana advantage over you. If she want gets in a fight with you. If she fights me at the same time though, then she'll be at a mana disadvantage between the two of us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2015, 08:29:17 am »

That's is absolutely true. However, she currently has a mana advantage over you. If she want gets in a fight with you. If she fights me at the same time though, then she'll be at a mana disadvantage between the two of us.
Lol, Pencil literally can't do anything to me with his current mana, one of the reasons I went ahead with my "Destroy the Sun" plan. On the other hand, the fastest way to be able to acquire enough mana to be able do anything to me would be to preserve his mana income stream, which still makes preserving his Verna a good choice, especially since the cost is a measly one mana, which the Verna will pay off several times over in one turn.

The bidding does help bleed him dry though, so I'm not opposed to it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:43:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:32 pm »

Just need to confirm whether Pencil spends another mana outbidding Cript, and then the turn will happen.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2015, 06:04:33 pm »

I destroy the sun [-100 Mana]
Last action pass

Turn Complete

add 8 mana to demonic spoons action

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2015, 06:12:27 pm »

Last action pass

Turn Complete

...can we do that?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2015, 06:15:21 pm »

Last action pass

Turn Complete

...can we do that?
only when creating or destroying land.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2015, 06:16:01 pm »

Last action pass

Turn Complete

...can we do that?
only when creating or destroying land.
You can pool mana when creating and destroying land yes, but I meant that the process isn't a bidding one.

EDIT: If this is actually legal though then awesomesauce.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:21:12 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »

Huh.  Yes, I checked through my original wording of that rule, which is as follows:

Place/Destroy Land - Placing a Land costs the amount given on the type of Land (see below).  When placing a Land you may decide what Continent it is part of, and whether it links to any others.  Destroying a Land costs the same amount.  You can counter the Placement/Destruction of a Land by paying the placement cost.  This is the only action for which players may pool mana.  Whoever leads a Placement action may Create a new Fauna type of their choice for free.  The Placer may name and describe the Land.

Turn 2 Mechanics Change: Effective as of Turn 2, placing a Land instead gives you 110% of the amount of mana you spent in credit for Creating or Spreading Fauna during the rest of your turn.  Credit expires at the end of your Turn.  Additionally, you may make a Create or Spread Fauna action without using up one of your action slots.  This still costs mana, although you can use mana credits.

I worded it a little ambiguously.  Hrm.  My original intent was to allow people to club together to oppose a land destruction, and yet the original wording suggests clubbing up for land creation as well - implying all land actions could be clubbed together on.

Hrm.  Ah, but that's the issue.  It's not a bid.  You can provide enough mana to trigger the land destruction, and enough mana to stop it, but you can't bid or outbid.  In this case, it costs 100 mana to destroy the sun, and 100 mana to stop that destruction.  Even if you pump more mana into it, it won't have any effect.

Unless you had a whole extra 100 mana spare, in which case I guess you could destroy the sun twice.  Fair enough.

So no, you can't ramp the cost up past 100.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2015, 07:37:09 pm »

Ugh. chna dfuiascsadhfifhicuhgcids. Oh well. Bid 2 Mana.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »

Welp. Alrighty.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:20 pm »

I looked at the stats and I see why you said Welp. It looks like I dragged 2 others down in mana accidentally while retaining the highest mana growth. Whoops. I will be hard-pressed to win the game before anyone else tries the same stunt, though Nevermind, the situation actually does not seem too bad.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2015, 10:53:18 am »

Round 6

In a bid to achieve dominance, the Supreme Radiance sped forth from the Infernal Realm in a bid to destroy and replace the sun with his own glorious form.  Fearing for her creations, the World Tree extended her branches and, while burned by the effort, restrained the fiery god from his act of stellacide, levelling the playing field of the gods.  Nursery continued to hurtle around the sun, tends of thousands more years passing by.

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:26:48 am by Iituem »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 6]
« Reply #299 on: May 16, 2015, 11:01:56 am »

Action 1: Pool mana with the Mother and the Jester to destroy the sun [-39 Mana]

((Not 100% confirmed we're doing this so action might change if the other two say so))

EDIT: Iituem, The World Tree's mana is wrong. Should be ~47, not 60. Has an Archen Sapling on the Oaken glades as well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:07:44 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28