Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33884 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 3]
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2015, 08:44:00 pm »

Ah, miscalculation. Too much aggresssion. Chances of dominance low. Might as well enjoy the Flames.

Action 1: 10 mana. Spread Firegourds to Raging Volcanos
Action 2: 10 mana. Spread Firegourds to Fire Mountain
Action 3: Pass
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2015, 11:13:11 pm »

Okay whoops, I wrote out my turn, but then realized it might be illegal. Are the new spread rules in yet?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2015, 11:44:58 pm »

Okay, I need to go to bed, and seeing as it looks like I'm the only one who hasn't put in a turn yet (Fast turn!), I don't wanta keep yall waiting. So I'll just put in two turns, one for if the new spreading rules are in, and one for if they are not.

Stunned by the words of the Supreme Radiant, the Jester fled from the world. Skulking in the dark places and hidden crevasses. Without it's interference the creatures it had created flourished throughout the world. Spreading and adapting. The gem mites, long under the constant predation of various fungus in the depths adapted, spreading up and out of the caverns. Learning to steal the luster of not only gems, but anything with a shine. One species learned how to steal the light of the sun itself. The other type migrated into the depths of the sea and from there it learned how to steal the clarity of the water. In the depths of the ocean the weavers interacted with these new being that had entered their domain. They eventually changed as well, gaining the ability to construct their nests out of the bodies of smashed gem mites, small sparkling plates rarely dotted the sea. But finding the grass easier to work this, this strain of weaver was forced out by the more numerous grass workers, until they eventually migrated to a place where the grass workers could not follow, but the mites were just as common, the land.

If the new spread rules are in:
Action 1: Spread gem mites from the The Lightseen Caverns to the Rolling Hills, from the Rolling Hills to the The Oaken Glade, from the Oaken Glade to the Roiling Vortex. 15 mana
Action 2: Spread Weavers from the Roiling Vortex into The Oaken Flade. 10 Mana

Total 25 mana

If the new spread Rules are not in:
Action 1: Spread gem mites from the The Lightseen Caverns to the Rolling Hills 5 mana
Action 2: Spread gem mites from the Rolling Hills to the The Oaken Glade 5 mana
Action 3: Spread Weavers from the Roiling Vortex into The Oaken Flade. 10 Mana

Total 20 mana

Creature Variants:

Solar crystal mite (Gem Mite Variant, Crystal, Pioneer): A offshoot of the Gem Mite, this being has learned how to feed on the beauty and shine of light itself! They appear as (when visible) a translucent gem mite with a spark of light within. They slowly drain light from the vicinity around them. When a colony of these beings moves into an area the brightness of the area slowly decreases, eventually plunging the patch into perpetual unnatural darkness, from which the mites then migrate from looking for brighter pastures. Areas effected by this will then proceed to grow brighter over time, eventually coming back to their full natural light.

Sea Mite (Gem Mite Variant, Crystal, Pioneer): A offshoot of the Gem Mite, this being has learned how to feed on the beauty and clarity of water. Hard to see in the water, they appear as clear or light blue gem mites. They slowly drain the clarity and purity of the water around themselves. When a colony of these beings moves into an area the clarity of the area slowly decreases, eventually turning that area of sea into a murky morass of unidentifiable and non existent particulate, from which the mites then migrate from looking for clearer pastures. Areas effected by this will then proceed to grow clearer over time, eventually clearing back to their natural state.

Constructor (Weaver Variant, Crystal, Tier 1): This offshoot of the weaver has learned to use the beauty of the gem mite to fuel their reproduction ritual. They appear as a normal weaver, but instead of long thin legs of grass, they have short wide legs of crystal. They use their heavier limbs to smash gem mites, which they then bulldozer together into piles, that they flatten and press together to make shining plates on the ground. The weaver seeds are placed on the plates, and their shining magnificence eventually gives birth to a new batch of weavers.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 05, 2015, 12:21:04 am »

Even had the new spreading rules been implemented (which they have not to the best of my knowledge, and I hope this continues to be the case), I believe your turn would still not be valid. IIRC the "spread three fauna per action" thing is only allowed on a singular land.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:49:41 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2015, 12:58:01 am »

((I'm guessing Pencil Art intended to make his new plains part of the Glen continent, otherwise would not have been able to spread pioneers to Yearning Grassland. Also the Severe Coast linking would have been an illegal action. Am assuming you meant to spread pioneers to Yearning Grassland, not Tier 1s, since you use the Mana Cost for pioneers and Tier 1s would have been an illegal action. Also Pencil Art, you used 170 mana, not 165? Unless I'm missing something? Btw, the new fauna still don't have descriptions if you still wanted to make those? Hopefully Iituem will allow the fixing of stuff if I assumed too much or am rushing ahead too fast here.))

New Round!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2015, 05:27:45 am »

Spread fauna variant is not live, but I would please like a vote from players as to whether they feel it would be a good thing to implement.

Before I allow Round 4 to go live, I just want to check if High Tyrol is passing his turn, or would like to take a different set of three actions instead.  (Also this gives time for the plant descriptions to go live.)

Pencil:  When you're linking Plains to Plains in the same continent, you can just say 'as part of the Glen'.  All lands within the same continent are linked with one another.

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2015, 05:46:47 am »

do nothing
I was reading this as him passing but no harm in getting confirmation I suppose.

Variant Spreading Rule Vote
> Against

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2015, 05:59:39 am »

((I'm guessing Pencil Art intended to make his new plains part of the Glen continent, otherwise would not have been able to spread pioneers to Yearning Grassland. Also the Severe Coast linking would have been an illegal action. Am assuming you meant to spread pioneers to Yearning Grassland, not Tier 1s, since you use the Mana Cost for pioneers and Tier 1s would have been an illegal action. Also Pencil Art, you used 170 mana, not 165? Unless I'm missing something? Btw, the new fauna still don't have descriptions if you still wanted to make those? Hopefully Iituem will allow the fixing of stuff if I assumed too much or am rushing ahead too fast here.))

New Round!

Whoops. Okay. Turn is to be edited.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:14:24 am by Pencil_Art »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2015, 07:25:38 am »

Hum. I dunno about the variant spreading rules.... I guess I'd like it more if you could spread further. As is it seems like, maybe it would have helped sooner, but at this point it's just sorta like. It doesn't do much?

Which I suppose is not so bad. So sure, I'll vote in favor.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2015, 07:29:14 am »

It would probably still change a lot. This game feels like it is running slowly but at the same time so much is happening.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2015, 10:42:10 am »

new action spread haze bees to the azur sky that is my only action

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2015, 03:26:37 pm »

Round Four

The spread variant is not yet live, and will await further consensus.

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:10:31 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 4]
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2015, 04:02:10 pm »

You forgot to subtract the 20 mana from the two firegourds Improver spread and update his mana income to 13.

Mother's Mana income should be 10, not 14.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:04:18 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2015, 04:10:38 pm »

Fixed.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »

spread haze bees to crimson Aether
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28