Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33893 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 2]
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2015, 07:46:16 am »

Just realised that.  It also partially invalidates the Cha Chas - it would force competition to place them there while the weavers are there, as I'm guessing they're T1.  Can put them in the Aether fine, and they'll be fine there if the blade grass or another pioneer spreads some more to increase the available ecological niches.

Also, fixed the stat summary.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2015, 07:47:35 am »

I think that the blade grass just did in fact get another token in the sea, so it's all good.
Spread Pioneers to the Roiling Vortex and Ferocious Savanna: - 10 Mana

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2015, 07:51:10 am »

Create the Ferocious Savanna (Plains): - 50 Mana. Connect to Oaken Glade. (Make into a free Spread/Create Fauna action)

Spread Pioneers to the Roiling Vortex and Ferocious Savanna: - 10 Mana

Create Tier 1 Token on Ferocious Savanna.

This valid?
The Land Creation Fauna bonus rules have changed this turn, refer here:
Reminder: Mechanics Change

Effective as of Turn 2, placing a Land instead gives you 110% of the amount of mana you spent in credit for Creating or Spreading Fauna during the rest of your turn.  Credit expires at the end of your Turn.

Additionally, you may make a Create or Spread Fauna action without using up one of your action slots.  This still costs mana, although you can use mana credits.

So the spreading pioneers actions are fine. (And the rest of your turn is technically legal, you just have the specifics of how it works wrong) However, spreading your Archen Runners, would cost 10 mana. Which would easily be covered by the 55 credit from creating a land. So your turn should look like the following (note this is an suboptimal set of actions, since it ends up wasting mana credit, but just fixing your turn.)

Create the Ferocious Savanna (Plains): - 50 Mana. Connect to Oaken Glade. +1 Free Fauna Action & +55 Mana Credit (For Fauna Actions only)

Spread Pioneers to the Roiling Vortex and Ferocious Savanna: - 10 Mana Credit

Spread Tier 1 Token on Ferocious Savanna. -1 Free Fauna Action, -10 Mana Credit

35 Mana Credit Leftover (Lost When turn ends)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:56:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2015, 07:58:55 am »

Okay. Thanks for helping me out, Demonic Spoon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2015, 08:14:15 am »

Delighted by the shapes that the weavers had made, the Jester moved moved about though the sea, inspiration struck, as it had made creatures of brilliant colors, and now of brilliant shapes, but there were so many more realms to explore. Gathering a boulder the Jester carefully sculpted features on the rocks, legs, claws, eyes, and most importantly, a flexible and complex mouth. The god put it's new creation on the ground and breathed a spark of life into it.

A massive crab like creature stood before the Jester. And the Jester ordered it to sing to its God and the glory of it's own creation. The crab creature was confused, although it had been given the physical capability of producing music from it's mouth parts, the Jester had ether forgotten to, or didn't bother with, endowing it with a spark of creativity. It had no idea HOW to sing! It warbled out a few short abrupt notes, with no harmony at all! This enraged the jester, who grabbed the rock crab and then crushed it into many smaller stones, scattering these stones across the sea. The Jester cursed the being, to never find it's blessings until it was able to please the god with it's song! Furious, the flew away into the ground, crushing aside rocks and earth in it wraith as the Jester took solace in the the dark places of the earth. A massive earthquake cracked the sea floor as the Jester took out his rage of failure on the world.

Most of the pieces of the rock crabs died then, unable to every sing, however, a few of them landed in the nests of the weavers or among the flocks of Cha Chas. There, laying among natural beauty, they realized the possibilities of beauty, woven in the nests of the weavers, and in the sleek designs of and feathers of the Cha Chas. Still soft from their recent shaping and the power used to destroy them, they took it upon themselves to reshape themselves into beings of beauty, via incorporating the beings around them. They found that although they were all imperfect, they could come together to recreate enough of their designed to produce more flawed copies, if they were both in the thralls in inspiration.

Action 1: Create the Under Sea. A series of mostly flooded caverns beneath the The Roiling Vortex. They consist mostly of small natural tunnels branching out like cracks from the middle section, with is a series of large caverns. (Cavern 50 mana, connect to the Roiling Vortex.)
Free Action: The Siren. Crystal. T2. 75 Mana (55 from credit)

The Sirens. Crystal. T2. Sirens are split into two subspecies, and the species as a whole is prone to many mutations, often having a extra claw, or one less claw, being smaller or bigger, having a weird number of eyes or many other flaws are very common. They can mate with one another across subspecies lines. The first one represents a massive stone crab, which lives into the weavers nests. It absorbs the inspiration seeded within the stones of the nests, stopping them from ever becoming Weavers, but allowing the crab to full it's purpose, which is to create music. After absorbing a weaver seed it is able to compose a song, which it then sings out across the sea. This is how the Sirens communicate with each other, and find mates.

The second subspecies looks a lot like the first, but it has many webbed feather like structures growing from it, this, along with a lower body density, allows it to swim though the sea. These Sirens prey on the Cha Chas, using their feathers to disguise themselves as fellow Cha Chas looking for a mate in order to get close enough to kill them with a snap of their claws. From there they pluck the bodies and make nests of the feathers. Surrounding themselves in large colorful nests, carefully arranged in certain patterns, is how they attract mates.

Sirens typically live in small colonies, normally one Alpha, which has the biggest nest or the most beautiful song, and a few betas, which generally follow it's orders. In areas where there are both weavers and Cha Chas there are sometimes mixed species nests, which can have two Alphas. Despite their abilities to compose sometimes quite complex songs, they have no other intellectual capacity, and appear to sing purely on instinct.

They have a limited lifespan, as their flaws cause them to slowly crumble away most of the time (although there is a very large variance in the time this takes, some of them die immediately after birth, and some can rarely last hundreds of years). They will also slow down and eventually deanimate if they are unable to find weavers or Cha Chas to steal inspiration from. It's not totally sure why exactly they need this inspiration to live.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:37:10 am by Criptfeind »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2015, 08:27:30 am »

Create the Ferocious Savanna (Plains): - 50 Mana. Connect to Oaken Glade. +1 Free Fauna Action & +55 Mana Credit (For Fauna Actions only)

Spread Pioneers to the Ferocious Savanna: - 5 Mana Credit

Ferocious Savanna Pioneer:

Blade Grass: Savanna Variant (Pioneer)

The savanna variant of this sharp-edged plant is tougher and larger, holding more nutrients because of the lower amount of rainfall. It is a dusty-yellow color. Otherwise, it is the same as the original Blade Grass.
Spread Tier 1 Token on Ferocious Savanna. -1 Free Fauna Action, -10 Mana Credit

Create Tier 2 Token on Ferocious Savanna. - 40 Mana Credit, 20 Mana.

Archen Sapling:

A sapling version of the plant, the tree works in much the same way, except relying on it's fruit for spread instead of using runners.
25 Mana Credit Leftover (Lost When turn ends)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:21:37 pm by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2015, 08:29:28 am »

Fixed Summary

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:34:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2015, 08:34:11 am »

Action 1: Create the Under Sea.

((Do you not mean the Unterzee?:P)) Also, I am probably getting this wrong, but don't you have to have supporting tokens in the same piece of land to get higher tier tokens? Or does the Continent share tokens?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:36:24 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2015, 08:38:14 am »

Action 1: Create the Under Sea.

((Do you not mean the Unterzee?:P)) Also, I am probably getting this wrong, but don't you have to have supporting tokens in the same piece of land to get higher tier tokens? Or does the Continent share tokens?
As long as you have the preceding tokens in existence somewhere, you can create higher tier tokens. So for example I have tier 1 tokens in the Infernal Realms, so I can create tier 2 tokens on the Nursery.

However, on every specific piece of land, there must be tokens of lower tiers to support your token, though they do not need to be your tokens.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:39:54 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2015, 08:48:13 am »

But there are no tokens of Pioneer or Tier 1 Tier in the Under Sea, so he can't create Tier 2 creatures?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2015, 08:49:04 am »

But there are no tokens of Pioneer or Tier 1 Tier in the Under Sea, so he can't create Tier 2 creatures?
He's creating the Sirens in the Roiling Vortex.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2015, 08:51:40 am »

Oh. Sorry, I was confused there for a second.

*Squints at Stats.

Eh? I have Blade Grass in the Sea? Well, I'm going to change my turn.

Can I change my Blade Grass in the Sea into Bubble Weed without using a turn?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:54:56 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2015, 08:54:59 am »

Oh. Sorry, I was confused there for a second.

*Squints at Stats.

Eh? I have Blade Grass in the Sea? Well, I'm going to change my turn.
You ordered pioneers spread to the Roiling Vortex the previous round so *shrugs*

Can I change my Blade Grass in the Sea into Bubble Weed without using a turn?
Dunno

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2015, 09:00:40 am »

I change my turn.

EDIT: Changed it again.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:03:01 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2015, 09:02:59 am »

I change my turn.
The Blade Sapling description is no longer in the post? Was that intentional? Did I misremember their being a blade sapling description at all?

Ninja'd?

Spread Tier 2 Token on Ferocious Savanna. -10 Mana Credit
I'm assuming this is a typo and you meant tier 1 token?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:14:35 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28