Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MegaWars - An MMO browser game in space from the 70s (LOOKING FOR TESTERS)  (Read 1779 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Scout the massive Slyesian Expanse in search of suitable worlds for conquest as you clear out the rag-tag remnants of the once mighty Kryon star fleet. Harvest rare planetary resources that you’ll need as you vie for control of the newly opened Iron Frontier. With over 2,000 unique star systems to exploit, you’ll have your hands full in finding, settling, and developing the right planets to maximally benefit your goals of galactic domination.
So I randomly got poked by the MegaWars PR guy on twitter and was turned onto their website, discovering the "mmo space empire building game" that apparently has been in existence since the 1970s. Apparently they're currently looking for beta testers so I figured Bay12 is probably interested, at least for the hijinks.

It's Real-time 2D combat with a browser game economy to build your ships; there is also a three faction system but I have no idea how that plays. The game lasts 30 days before a global reset. All told, the fact that it's a game from internet prehistory is the main reason I'm interested. I'll update the main post with more information as soon as I can get it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:27:05 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

seems interesting, let me know about the testing.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

How is this related to whatever they somehow had in the 70's? Can you play this on a radar screen?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

How is this related to whatever they somehow had in the 70's? Can you play this on a radar screen?

No, a UNIVAC.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Does it run on Babbage's Difference Engine?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.