Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise II  (Read 6725 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise II
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »

I suppose that we could do both at once. Continue.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 12:12:23 am »

"Continue what? The aforementioned plan, Captain?" a confused Gonzal queries. "Lokarith, the town we were asked to do something about, is rather far away, and it's separated by sea. Rodra wouldn't be able to walk there."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 12:20:19 am »

Have Smarte prepare a detailed report on the components and manufacturing of Hyperdrives. Put the information in an easy-to-navigate report and sent it to Rodra. (Andres, you can do something with Rodra this turn.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2015, 12:29:56 am »

"Are there any nearby towns or villages adjacent to water we can take a boat from?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2015, 12:47:09 am »

"Are there any nearby towns or villages adjacent to water we can take a boat from?"
1+

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2015, 02:37:26 am »

Rodra pulls up a map of the area and starts studying it. A few minutes later, she speaks up.
"Alright. Dunport has a moderately sized port. I'd assume due to the non-threatening nature of naval ships, and the fact that they're most used for trading, the Uarks don't have too many restrictions on boats there. If we find a boat to ferry a small party off into the sea, I'm sure we could slip through Uark security."
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 02:44:32 am »

Send the espionage officer to find a boat, preferably owned by someone who hates the Uarks. From there, initiate operations in the target town.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:58:55 pm by Andres »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2015, 08:37:36 am »

Send the espionage officer to find a boat, preferably by someone who hates the Uarks. From there, initiate operations in the target town.
1+

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2015, 09:09:02 pm »

Rodra activates the video feed when she reaches the port. The main display in the bridge switches to it, and you see many boats, some sailboats, some motorboats, and some hoverboats, sitting in the harbor.
After discreet conversations, hinting, implications, and sneaking around, a suitable candidate is found. Rodra approaches a moderately sized hoverboat sleepily resting above the water. A small control room juts out of the familiar structure with an entrance out to the dock, and a hatch leading into the insides of the ship is present as well. As Rodra gets in, Smarte remarks "..I'm still impressed that you were able to get this boat."
"Same here," adds in Gonzal. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone able to pull off that move so successfully before this."

Rodra and her six marine enter the boat's control room, and activate the engine. The boat surges into life, and starts rising ever so slightly into the air. A couple seconds later, it starts moving away from Dunport. Everything is looking good until what appear to be ..hoverbikes? descend from the sky, surrounding the boat.
"PLEASE STATE YOUR REASONS FOR LEAVING THE PROTECTED ZONE."

Spoiler: Rodra's Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Hoverboat (click to show/hide)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2015, 09:21:51 pm »

"I am Ardor, an agent finding information from the locals about possible rebellions. (hold up a piece of folded paper) I have in my hands the names of 12 rebellion leaders and I have been instructed to only hand this to my superior. If you want to live a pleasant life, I suggest you let me and my party through"
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2015, 09:23:17 pm »

"I am Ardor, an agent finding information from the locals about possible rebellions. (hold up a piece of folded paper) I have in my hands the names of 12 rebellion leaders and I have been instructed to only hand this to my superior. If you want to live a pleasant life, I suggest you let me and my party through"

Keep going out to sea. They'll wait a little while and give us another warning before opening fire, which we'll take advantage of. After the last warning, stop the ship and open fire. We'll be out of hearing range of the town by then, hopefully.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »

Keep going out to sea. They'll wait a little while and give us another warning before opening fire, which we'll take advantage of. After the last warning, stop the ship and open fire. We'll be out of hearing range of the town by then, hopefully.
Aw c'mon. What's wrong with my suggestion? It works all the time in the movies.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2015, 09:29:06 am »

1+

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2015, 10:30:33 am »

How about we do both again? If we drive away, they'd be almost certain to start shooting, while talking has a chance of peacefully escaping the situation.

Continue driving away while saying, "I am Ardor, an agent finding information from the locals about possible rebellions. (hold up a piece of folded paper) I have in my hands the names of 12 rebellion leaders and I have been instructed to only hand this to my superior. If you want to live a pleasant life, I suggest you let me and my party through"

If they don't believe him, we'll be far enough away from the town, and if they believe him, then all is well.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2015, 10:58:31 am »

How about we do both again? If we drive away, they'd be almost certain to start shooting, while talking has a chance of peacefully escaping the situation.

Continue driving away while saying, "I am Ardor, an agent finding information from the locals about possible rebellions. (hold up a piece of folded paper) I have in my hands the names of 12 rebellion leaders and I have been instructed to only hand this to my superior. If you want to live a pleasant life, I suggest you let me and my party through"

If they don't believe him, we'll be far enough away from the town, and if they believe him, then all is well.
1+ thats even better
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6