Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fun execution methods  (Read 3957 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun execution methods
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 04:42:44 am »

Anything caught alive gets babysitting duty in my forts. Usually that's enough.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 04:56:46 am »

Feeding them to my military.

Also I am disappointed no one mentioned magma.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 09:39:02 am »

No one mentioned magma?  I think I had one for a theoretical death pit with steel spikes.  It'd summarily work by skewering enemies to death, and once all desirable flammables are out (I.E. not troglodyte corpses), engage the magma works to clean the undesired rubbish.

Admittedly not the best use of magma, but still a use.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:58 am »

I like to build arenas. I'll create a 5-10 z high dome, with seating and snacks around the upper edges (separated from the action by glass windows) . In the arena itself, there'll generally be fighting platforms connected by catwalks and ramps. Enemies are pitted in from above, and soldiers/irritating nobles enter across some sort of opulent bridge. At the bottom, spike traps or magma (drainable--I use it to flush out leftover hostiles or nobles, but don't generally want to lose my military).

Captured prisoners are also useful for testing FB syndromes and for fortress décor.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 01:54:16 pm »

What is your favorite/sadistic way of executing captured goblins and such?

This wasn't supposed to be sadistic, but recently a need to execute goblins (from another experiment) coincided with a dwarven caravan loaded with iron and steel anvils. I could not resist and dropped the whole load on them... I mean on goblins, not the caravan.

Code: [Select]
The ({steel anvil}) strikes The Goblin Maceman in the lower body and the injured part is crushed!
An artery has been opened by the attack!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 04:30:12 pm »

An old fort had an arena with no walls bult from a stalactite in a vast cavern whose floor I had settled.

Anytng could jump or dodge off but there was a big fall in the way

Sometimes enemies or their body parts rained on my populace

Sometimes things jumped off and expoded into parts in the middle of my statue garden.

Once a goblin managed to survive a jump and killed two dwarves before a miner picked him.

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Bearcoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Im not new to the forums i just forgot my Password
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »

i like to make a 6z domed arena were i send all Migrants/Children who have grown to adulthood so they can prove themselfs Men/Women
"Click" 3....2....Oops Wrong Lever

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:16 pm »

I enjoyed dropping gobbos one by one down a 10 z level pit to be torn apart by a lone giant copperhead snake. Was fun to see how high the blood splattered, and watch as gobbos plummeted through a cloud of miasma to the monster waiting below.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 05:03:58 am »

They're mostly used as involunteers for testing some of my projects which are not guaranteed to work.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 04:01:23 am »

Always need more volunteers to continue helping with refinements on the Charged Electrum Laser.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 04:15:59 am »

I want to test out some supercompact shotgun designs soon, so I'll need some volunteers to compare efficacy against ballistas. If no gobbos come, I'll have to shred the human caravan.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Sardeed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 06:28:51 am »

You know nothing fancy, a 15z drop on a ☼Menacing Steel Spike☼, when the last gobo learnt about gravity, i wait a bit  to see them crawling on the ground and later send my military to decimate the survivors.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 11:11:26 am »

When I don't understand something, it becomes my 'execution'.

For instance, I have a hallway filled with poorly constructed water pump stacks, and at the end of the hallway I have a ballistae. I'm considering putting a minecraft rail near it for dwarves to go up and down.

It makes me feel like I know what I'm doing.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 11:43:50 am »

If I'm using magma, I usually don't take them alive in the first place.  Easier just to build a magma chamber and have it purify out the troll wool socks for the pure, sweet, goblinite. 

Anyway, to answer the original question, I generally just plain DON'T execute goblins and elves I capture, as odd as that may be. I tend to think like an engineer, so I prefer to use them as efficiently as possible.

I take out a few as punching bags, of course, letting some keep their armor to make them take more punches, even, but I tend to prefer using them as components of my great dwarven machines.  Goblins make for fine animal logic, since they have no need to eat and are immortal.  Just let them run around naked between great contraptions they have no hope of understanding for all eternity in a sealed-off chamber long past the time when the mechanism it powered has crumbled to dust, and anyone who knew of his existence has long since died.  I like to think that some future civilization will some day find these few straggling goblins, still running this loop, thousands of years into the future, and wonder at what sort of forces created this pitiful green creature.  It certainly will have gone so far past mad by then that it wouldn't be recognizable as having more intelligence than a slug...

It happens to still be cruel, yes, but it's profitably cruel.

For the elves, I tend to strip them naked and put them in my zoos, with some of the other entertaining savage beasts.  Well, mostly, I tend to just cram my dining hall cages with all the turkey poults.  Still, leaving elves to spend the rest of their lives starving while being crammed cheek-to-waddle with 40 pecking, scratching turkey poults right before seeing them pulled out one-by-one for butchery as they hit adulthood for the rest of their lives seems a fitting non-execution, as well.  Plus, some dwarves enjoy watching elves in cages for their "grace", which I presume is code for "willingness to keep talking about how much they love trees and animals while starving to death in a wooden cage with food animals biting them in the ass."

Any halfway-talented enemies tend to keep their weapons and get pooled for getting thrown down to an FB for my entertainment/to spare my military the threat of a syndrome.  If they succeed, they have a chance of escape off the edge of the cavern map.  (Unless I have built a recapture hall already...)

Necromancers, of course, are just plain too valuable as weapons for use as anything else.  They are to be given a supply of entertaining animals in a graveyard, and pooled for flooding some entertaining threat to my fortress with undead.  Loud Whispers can show you how it's done.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

xpi0t0s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 05:31:37 pm »

Mostly I strip them and drop them 15 levels or more.  However in one fort, I'd developed a way of trapping and re-releasing an FB at will, so I built an arena, dropped the gobbos in from above, released the FB and sat back to watch the fun.  Then retrap the FB and send the haulers in to tidy up for the next show.
Pages: 1 [2] 3