Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Rate the above song.  (Read 22694 times)

Glaughdram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the above song.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 10:20:00 am »

6/10.
My exposure to trance music is largely from demoscene soundtracks, but I liked this. It's exciting and sometimes disturbing.

Now hear: The Toadies -- Possum Kingdom

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

6/10
Interesting song, but kind of repetitive and the video was creepy   :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muP9eH2p2PI&feature=user
I don't really even like the song that much, but the video is pure awesome for those who know the Youtube stars.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »

6/10

Entertaining, but nothing spectacular.  I know a couple of those things, but only from their being referenced elsewhere.

Now I present to you a Norwegian musician who has conquered his inability to actually play an instrument,  Lasse Gjertsen!

Note:  The shirt he wears in the second act says "FAEN!", which is an untranslatable Norwegian swear word that falls between "damn" and "fuck".

Yes, I am aware of the fact that he is completely insane.

EDIT:  Actually, he provides an educational video regarding the word "Faen".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJf0md1kG8

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 08:12:00 pm »

(I won't post a vid, I just wanted to say that is 10/10 material. I love the Faen video.)

Melloth

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf. The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

Haha! That was an awesome video! 9/10.
The reason I don't give a 10 is because there is always better things out there, As Qui Gon Jin once said when facing a big-ass carp "There are always bigger fish" and quickly paddled on. Or something...

Anyways:
Losing is fun and educational! These are wise words and they have been said before.
from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: The Roses of Success
This movie seems like real fun too!

Also, "Violence is fun and educational!" has been said before, but I don't have a fitting video for that for now.

Is that the rush of water I'm hearing?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Melloth

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf. The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2008, 10:44:25 am »

I like the twist some japanese music artist give to familiar music genres. This song has the same sound as French hip hop, but I don't really like nowaday's hip hop and they haven't done something drastic to make me like it. However, the try is nice, and the tune not too bad. so 6/10.

I guess it would be vaguelly fitting to post one of my favourite anime soundtracks but I'll spare you folks for now =)

and now for a dwarf's favourite pasttime:
Gone fishin'
Is that the rush of water I'm hearing?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2008, 10:52:44 am »

7/10.
I liked it, something a little different from the metal that's been posted lately  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PZQZqsVKY

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2008, 02:21:43 pm »

4/10

It's alright, but really not my thing.  Not a whole lot of instrument work going on except for the beat, and I wasn't entranced by the lyrics, so...

Awesome Rube Goldberg device though.

I found this band a while ago, and was kinda surprised I'd never heard of them before...  They're Aussies, and apparently one of their main influences was AC/DC (they do sound a bit like them, and everyone keeps talking about that).

Airbourne - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast

EDIT:  The vocals can be a bit harsh though...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

Haha, for some reason they all look like Merry and Pippin.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2008, 04:04:20 pm »

5/10 I'm not a fan of ACDC, and they seem to be a carbon copy.

Also those vocals are nowhere near harsh. This is harsh:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRt6Tt6RyM
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2008, 04:56:05 pm »

Oh, Amon Amarth! Awesome. 5/5 - good stuff.

How about this? Blind Guardian's Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns), off Nightfall in Middle-Earth: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qDMoTaevcP4

I really love that album. I particularly like albums that tell a story as they go along, like that one, or the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Beethoven's Last Night. Sadly, I don't know of many albums like this.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:22 pm »

5/10

Ha, that reminds me of listening to my dad's Rainbow album.  I've never really been a fan of that kind of heavy metal though (rock terms are so hard to figure out...).  Not to say I don't like fantasy-based or storytelling songs, it's just that kind of metal.

There are a few different tracks on that Rainbow album ("Rising") that bear listening to, but  this is probably the most story-based.  The others would probably be "Tarot Woman" and "Light in the Black".  And "Starstruck", just for the hell of it.  But definitely "Light in the Black".

For those of you who don't know Rainbow, it's the band that Ritchie Blackmore gathered together after he left Deep Purple.  It includes his incredible guitar work and Ronnie James Dio's singing.  Sadly, that combo didn't produce very many great songs.

Now, since that was a rather messed-up and garbled post, here's the one song being placed up for the next poster's *real* rating. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpoitxBEjY8&feature=related

NOTE:  This is the absolute favorite song of one of this forum's members.  It ain't me, but I'm just putting that knowledge out there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »

9/10, it drips with awesome.

Cowboy Bebop and Lupin the Third are the only anime shows I've ever seen that were worth watching.

Oops, forgot my song... Uhhh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s066W2vfbs

EDIT:  The song ends at about 4:20, after that it's a different song
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:02:49 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12