Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Rate the above song.  (Read 22682 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the above song.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

10/10

That's pretty much the best indian music video I've ever seen, right next to Tunak Tunak Tun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4_mZh-bj8

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Forumsdwarf:
<STRONG> the slender, dark-eyed girl in gold with the long black hair, is smokin'.</STRONG>

They're all either slender, dark-eyed girls in gold with long black hair or they're jigglingly fat, dark-eyed girls in gold with long black hair.  Not much variation as far as that's concerned.

I'm assuming you've all seen the nipple song already, so I won't bother posting that.

Due to Fenster's law of negation, I am prevented from rating the British serial clip above this post.

I am also prevented from posting a song which can be rated due to the second clause of Fenster's law.  However, nothing's stopping me from posting Led Zeppelin's Black Dog just for the hell of it.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 12:30:00 am »

From what little I know of music, decent stuff. I'd say 8/10. I just don't favor that genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPLibNWjXo&feature=related  

Real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgIyqSXzyRk&feature=related

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Devath ]

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Devath ]

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 02:35:00 am »

Naw, come on, "all Indian women look alike" my ass.

There's this crazy sexy look unique to Indian women, the dark, flashing eyes and the sharp features and the long black hair that seems straight until it goes a little crazy with frizz if she lets it grow long enough ... *sigh*

Although only Indian women have "the look", not all Indian women have it.  In the video the lead female singer is too pale.  The other backup singers lack sharply-defined facial features.  Only that girl in the back has the look, the sharp features and deep dark eyes and long crazy hair, the girl whose smile sparkles when she dances.  *sigh*
It's all about contrast.  You need a girl who's both very dark and has sharply-defined facial features that cast a shadow over her eyes.  Her eyes will seem to flash when she looks at you, and her smile will be all you can think about when she turns away.

So, as I was saying, not alike at all, you just have to know what you like.

"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 02:47:00 am »

I was referring to the fact that they've all got dark eyes and long black hair, and they all wear gold.  Aside from that, yes, they are very different.

Y'know, it's kinda funny...  Indians really go for the pale-skin look, and have all sorts of dangerous skin-lightening treatments to achieve that.  And then you've got the pasty Westerners that have all sorts of only moderately less dangerous methods of getting a dark tan.

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 05:29:00 am »

Guys always go for the woman that catches our eye.

In India blond is exotic.  Where I live I'm surrounded by blond women, so when I see some dark, mysterious Indian woman I'm predictably stunned by her incredible beauty.

The ones I've met are almost supernaturally adept flirts as well.  They can combine a knowing look with a demure smile in a single glance, then there's the subtle, almost invisible head-weave thing ... there's no defense against skills like that.

"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 08:18:00 pm »

Back on topic:

TMR-8/10 Nice stuff.

Actually, a better one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjcLtMvvBk&feature=related  (sorry for lack of better video, it isn't their most popular song)

[ June 02, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

7 out of 10, pretty good.

Sigh - Medevil

The circus style is what sets it apart and makes it epic.

[ June 02, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

Melloth

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf. The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

I was in the mood for a topic just like this!
The 30 second track Cthulhu posted reminded me of a night out with a friend. Lotsa young boisterious kids moshing on a crowded dancefloor of the rock.. room? (part of a larger complex) making us feel old. (Hey, those are kids that used to buzz around us, squeeking in our ears at secundary school!). They would definitally and gleefully tear their 16-18 year young limbs from eachother on this song.
The pain in my neck the next day reminded me to learn how to REALLY dance. Headbanging is just not an option anymore at the venerable age of 22.
All in all: Nice!  :)
8/10

Now, put on your dancing trousers and get down to the total and utter king of rock and roll: CLIFF RICHARD!
aand this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nVKn0l2mo
:D

Is that the rush of water I'm hearing?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

Cliff Richard Video-6/10, I of course don't care much for the song, but whoever the hell those guys were who kept popping up throughout the video were pretty entertaining.

The other-4/10. Sorry, I just don't like it. Something about mannequins scares me.

Saints of LA, Mötley Crüe

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

3/10. Just not into that sort of angry, substance less sort of music. Guitar solo was alright, though.

Gustav Holst, The Seven Planets - Jupiter This piece is absolutely beautiful. Listen to it.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

4/10
Sounds like something out of fantasia. I don't really have an ear for that kind of music. I am more into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYxT9GM0fQ

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2008, 08:40:00 pm »

4/10

Heh, techno has never really been able to hold my attention for long.  I prefer songs where you don't have to be doing anything else in order to enjoy them.

Here's some more Aerosmith.  It's a classic, and can be good for a laugh.  Especially if you, like many other people, didn't hear the lyrics correctly the first time you heard it playing in a restaurant or shop somewhere.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »

7/10 A good laugh. BUT have you heard this Aerosmith "classic"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCGkkBCgans
It's funny that they can take a song like that and play it seriously.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 03:21:00 am »

7/10
They do that song pretty damn good,however it seems a little mainstream,not much about it that is truly extraordinary,It gets hammered a little in the points because of the 'breathing'.Fanboys please don't get mad,pleeease.

*WARNING,MESSED UP D&B AHEAD*
vicious delicious

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12