Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unusable cloth?  (Read 923 times)

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unusable cloth?
« on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »

I've noticed that my dyer doesn't want to dye some cloth pieces, even though they're sitting in a stockpile next to him. He has no problem dyeing other cloth that are in the same stockpile as well. The same thing happens with my clothier's workshop, who doesn't want to use some dyed cloth pieces. Basically, some cloth (both dyed or not, of varying quality and origin) is completely unusable.

The stockpile works well and is not linked to anything, doesn't accept bins, no burrow restrictions, basically it works as expected with the exception of having these few (7 undyed and 4 dyed cloth) unusable items. It might be related to a hospital somehow, as I removed mine to check if it helps, but instead the cloth brought from the hospital became unusable as well, even though it's no longer listed as reserved. Dumping it and reclaiming doesn't help.

Is it a known bug? I couldn't find anything in the bugtracker that mentions it. And the most important question, is there a workaround other than annihilating it?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Unusable cloth?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:01 pm »

That is an incredibly annoying artifact of the medical industry. Medics only use part of a piece of cloth when bandaging a dwarf, and the remainder is left, unusable for anything else.

Destroy it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:46:44 pm »

Oh, that's the reason? I'll keep this in mind.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:39:20 pm »

As a note, the 'unusable' cloth is still usable for healthcare. But for some reason, the doctors are prone to picking up a fresh piece instead of using more of a partially used piece. Thread suffers from the same issues relating to healthcare as cloth does.

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 02:05:33 am »

Good to know. Too bad there isn't any workaround to prevent that happening, I guess I'll just use quantum stockpiles for cloth storage so I won't have to worry about the clutter.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 02:25:13 am »

I've also noticed sometimes they won't decorate furnitures with bones(there are bones along with horns on the same stockpile), while they can decorate with horns.
Maybe they are similar problems.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:28:35 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!