Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time Clicker  (Read 2360 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Time Clicker
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

Idle, Incremental PC game.

http://www.timeclickers.com/

I just found this a couple days ago on Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/games/ProtonStudio/time-clickers) and while I'm still not far into it, I do feel it's the most interesting idle game that I've played recently. The basic idea is that you shoot colorful blocks, get points, spend points upgrading your guns so that you can shoot more blocks faster to get more points faster to upgrade more guns faster and so on...

There are rebirths, dynamic opportunities for rapid advancement, offline progression, and multiple upgrade paths which involve some degree of strategy.

I was initially turned off by the FPS aspect, but once I got used to it I decided it provided some much-needed interaction that has been lacking in other idle games I've tried. If you enjoy idle games but don't care for FPS, I encourage you to give this a shot anyway.

I'm currently at 54 Time Cubes, but I've heard some of the other people in kongregate chat bragging about getting tens of thousands of cubes per rebirth, so I've still got a lot of catching up to do. Right now I'm investing most of my cubes in my Flak Cannon with just enough in Money Multipliers to cover the first tier of each cube color. I'd be very interested to hear if anyone here can come up with a more effective artifact-investment strategy!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Clicker
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:03 pm »

timeclickers.com

I made it to almost 2000 cubes by the time I lost interest.

interested to hear if anyone here can come up with a more effective artifact-investment strategy!

There's really only one strategy, is the thing. Rush to area 100, invest in cheap damage/gold artifacts to get you to 100 faster. Continue rushing to 100. Invest in "start on later waves" to get to 100 even faster. Eventually, start investing in in time cube find/spawn artifacts and start fighting bosses past area 100. Don't rush on this. It takes a long time before it's more time efficient to do this than to simply spam to 100 and rebirth.

That's pretty much it. The way artifact costs increase there's rarely much real choice in what to buy. And while the damage upgrades remain cheap, there's not a lot of leeway between doing so much damage that you're one-shotting everything so more damage doesn't help, and taking so long to destroy cubes that you may as well just rebirth instead of progressing.