Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Power-Hungry Wizard SG Thread  (Read 7078 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: The Power-Hungry Wizard SG Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 02:31:13 pm »

Find a blacksmiths shop, and apply for work. As an enchanter, we could enchant weapons for him that he could sell at a higher price, and get a cut of it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 02:38:49 pm »

Find a blacksmiths shop, and apply for work. As an enchanter, we could enchant weapons for him that he could sell at a higher price, and get a cut of it.
+1
Seems like a decent idea.
Dunno how in-character it is, though, but eh. We don't really have an established character personality yet, so...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2015, 04:25:56 pm »

+1 lets earn enough money for some decent gear then travel to far away lands on a ship.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 05:26:43 pm »

+1 lets earn enough money for some decent gear then travel to far away lands on a ship.
+1. Learning how to create items should lead us to learn how to create artifacts, which should lead us to eventually create the One Ring...

Also, keep in mind that time zones are a thing and while you might be writing an update someone might've just gone to sleep. I say give it about 8-10 hours before bumping, seeing as that's how long it takes for most people to finish sleeping.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:29:04 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 05:28:46 pm »

Or a sword that destroys mountains.
Remember, we're power-hungry, not evil. There's a difference, even if the two overlap often.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »

+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 11:33:30 pm »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 08:35:21 am »

+1. Learning how to create items should lead us to learn how to create artifacts, which should lead us to eventually create the One Ring...

Also, keep in mind that time zones are a thing and while you might be writing an update someone might've just gone to sleep. I say give it about 8-10 hours before bumping, seeing as that's how long it takes for most people to finish sleeping.
+1
We should emphasize on enhancement magic books when using accumulated cash. Since there are no trainers of this trade, we have to teach it ourselves

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

Lyn, Aspiring Enhancer

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You briefly fancy the idea of joining the Militia and come to the conclusion that it's not a good idea, Considering that a Smithy would likely pay you more and allow you to practice your magic. You start the search for a Smithy willing to hire you.

One Crit-Failed Roll Later...

Bah, There isn't any Decent Smithy willing to hire a Mage. And worse, You get stopped in the middle of the road by a gang of Five Human Drunks! They are mostly wielding Rusted Daggers but one has an Iron Fishing Spear, and looks like he knows how to use it.

The Spearman speaks up, "Fork over alla yer Gold or we'll rough you up!" He emphasizes this by rattling his spear and the others start hollering cheap insults, Such as Lizard Freak, Overgrown Halfling, The Works. This could end badly, Although you are likely far more agile than a Gang of Drunks and your Lizard-Man heritage grants you a Bonus to Strength, Meaning that you could probably overpower just one of them, But seeing as how there's five...

How do you deal with these stooges?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 09:45:59 am »

Call for help and ready our dagger.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2015, 10:22:52 am »

Tell them you owe only little money, but you could pay them by repairing their rusty daggers.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 10:54:55 am »

((Hmm...Can we enhance ourself?))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2015, 02:25:59 pm »

((Hmm...Can we enhance ourself?))

((Different branch of Magic from Arcane Metallurgy, You also have a speed advantage over the drunks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6