Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: X-Com on Forums: Test Version  (Read 21698 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com on Forums: Test Version
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:22 pm »

are we pulling back? What for? Will there be an airstrike on the house? Or will aliens stupidly go out of sheer blood-lust?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2015, 02:05:12 pm »

Simple. We pull back to move to better positions so the aliens will have to leave the house (which is absurdly good cover) and fight us from the trees. That'll make it a hell of a lot easier to get a flank on them. Besides, that back wall behind us is shielded from line-of-sight, and there is no wall for them to lean around to see us. That means they would have to run into an exposed position to get an angle on us.

Ok, before I post this action plan, I have to ask:  Sectoids have 6 movement/mobility, right? Or more/less? 'cause that's gonna be important.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:03:57 pm by Xvareon »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2015, 06:29:27 am »

That means they would have to run into an exposed position to get an angle on us.
Why, again, do they have to do it? If I were the aliens I'd just get to the UFO, do whatever it is that UFOs do before liftoff and head for home.

I feel like this would be a good time to propose a Xenonauts-style second objective to missions (obviously staring with the next one): If X-Com manages to clear the UFO and keep it aliens-free for 5 (consecutive) turns, they win the mission (but obviously they don't get full points for killing all the aliens, so this is more of a backup/alien-motivator than the right way to win)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:34:16 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:49 am »

Sectoids have 5 MOV.

Also UFO is totaled, if you noticed the lack of Outsider.

I will look at secondary objectives.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2015, 06:54:43 am »

I forgot about those, but they only spawn after you breach the UFO, so we wouldn't have met it yet, anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2015, 06:59:00 am »

I forgot about those, but they only spawn after you breach the UFO, so we wouldn't have met it yet, anyway.
Actually, it's when you see the engine room. I've seen them spawn when my guys are still outside because there was a gaping hole in the UFO.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2015, 07:02:13 am »

If there were an Outsider, Derek would have activated it when he did his suicide dash.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2015, 07:07:21 am »

Would he? The door is closed and we know enough about the UFO to know there are no holes in it's east or north sides...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2015, 07:42:16 am »

Maybe not, but since there's no Outsider this discussion is quite pointless, so back to killing aliens pls :v

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2015, 08:06:15 am »

Nooo, Parts...

Shame, I was starting to get attached to the joke character.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2015, 02:00:57 pm »

How do the new sprites for the XCOM soldiers look?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2015, 03:38:08 pm »

I feel like medic could be a touch more white on the hue. The rest seem great.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2015, 03:47:09 pm »

I like.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2015, 09:30:59 pm »

I love the new models! I usually deck all my guys out in black armor with red accents, though, so much to the point where I'm amazed anyone knows us from EXALT (although they all wear white business suits for some reason).

Welp, we're actually... Yeah, we're in trouble. Too bad Arthur didn't save his blue move for a Hunker. That could have saved his ass (although one Mindfray and he's dead, now). Let's continue to fall back for now; Crazy, that 8 mobility of yours is gonna come in very handy pretty soon.

Let's try and avoid this turning into a complete Charlie Foxtrot.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2015, 10:07:58 am »

ALIEN ACTIVITY

As the operatives pul lback, the aliens move forward. Adriana spots one of their bulbous heads and fires a burst. The carbine's bullets sent it crumpling in a heap, a puppet with cut strings.

Quote from: Adriana takes a reaction shot at Sectoid F
Hit: 60+6=66*0.7=46. Roll: 21. Hit!
Sectoid F takes (3+0)=3 damage!

NICE SHOT! ^^  Ok, we've got this! As long as we deal with that Overwatch, Andrea and Adriana have PERFECT flanks on both those Sectoids! Only problem here is that I counted it off, and even if Crazy or someone else dashes through this, there's still a 29% chance of a hit from that Sectoid. If Andrea blue-moves through the smoke, that's a 28% chance to get hit. Not exactly ideal, considering the terrible luck we've been having so far. Andrea has 5/5 health, so she could probably survive it in that case, though. Still, it's risky, risky, risky... and there's always the 65% chance our flank shots could miss...

But this is too good to pass up...

I'm favoring just running this through the smoke with Andrea to I20, guys. But I'm gonna hold off for now, in case anyone has a better plan.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:37:52 pm by Xvareon »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21