Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: X-Com on Forums: Test Version  (Read 21710 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com on Forums: Test Version
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2015, 06:41:51 am »

Does overwatch trigger behind low cover? (low cover doesn't break LOS)

I don't know if it does in the games, but according to that logic it should if you move from a low cover tile they can see to another same tile.

Also flashbangs do remove overwatch, I don't know if I put this in the txt.

Also also I forgot that Steady Weapon is also a command, it gives +20 Aim for the next turn that goes away if you move, attack or change weapons and ends the turn.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2015, 06:49:41 am »

You'll get shot at Q15 the instant you even try to move, actually.
That's exactly what I want them to do: getting shot at maximum range and in low cover with 70% of base accuracy (or is that 70% of resulting accuracy?) pretty much just drains the enemy of ammo at very little risk. Plus, they don't call me "Crazy" because of my resemblance to foxes, you know.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2015, 07:00:04 am »

Actually I just checked and Overwatch doesn't trigger if you move just one tile, and unless Covering Fire also activates it always counts as out of cover.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2015, 07:28:33 am »

Actually I just checked and Overwatch doesn't trigger if you move just one tile
That's an odd rule that you are introducing into your game. I'm moving through 2 tiles of low cover though, so I'm (no pun intended) covered.

and unless Covering Fire also activates it always counts as out of cover.
Particularly odd. Either make overwatch wait until you get out of cover (which I do) Or make it count cover. It's pretty absurd to assume professional soldiers can't keep their heads down.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2015, 07:35:44 am »

I was explaining how it is in the games, but yeah, I think Overwatch shouldn't trigger if you don't move out of cover in your whole trajectory.

So yeah your move will get you an out of cover shot.

Also Derek doesn't have any valid targets from there. You can check available targets below your name in the unit spoiler. Red targets are behind cover while yellow/green are flanked (I think green because yellow causes problems with default forum skin).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:38:43 am by Solymr »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2015, 07:50:26 am »

I'm willing to dash somewhere (M19?) If that allows us to move into good positions to shoot those aliens. Ideas?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

Once XCOF is out of the test version, I might consider playing an assault called Elroye Nejinks. :P
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2015, 08:06:09 am »

I'm willing to dash somewhere (M19?) If that allows us to move into good positions to shoot those aliens. Ideas?
Might be a good move if someone follows you and goes to N16 and Overwatches/kills B.

If someone takes care of C being on Overwatch I could go to L8 and throw my AP 'nade at A.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2015, 10:32:46 am »

Non IC stuff here pls :v

Also I didn't forget the flashbang, I just forgot to note that the flashbang affected the sectoid, which made him Mind Merge with sectoid C.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2015, 11:37:29 am »

Ok. So Sectoid B is mind-merged with C. The flash will wear off next turn in time for him to shoot... The ideal move for me here would be to HE Grenade at I15, which would catch both of them in the blast while wrecking C's cover. It likely wouldn't kill either of them, too, giving us a chance to get some corpses and weapon fragments post-mission. The problem here is that the blast radius (3 tiles) will catch the Meld canister at J17. If I do, though, this'll give you guys some good shots at C. What do you think?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2015, 11:51:05 am »

I can do one of these:

- Overwatch to stop A and possibly C from moving.
- Fire at A (35%).
- Steady Weapon to get a better chance of hitting A (55%).
- If C is no longer on Overwatch and someone makes B unable to move (so he won't flank me by moving to L18) I can move to L8 and throw an AP at A for a sure kill or between A and C, though that might not kill them.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2015, 11:54:33 am »

Keep in mind that HE grenades aren't sure to destroy cover.

Actually I should make it dependant on distance to center of explosion.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2015, 12:05:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure there's a big difference in durability between a wooden fence and a nanomachine canister made of alloys 5 times stronger than steel, anyway. Ok, I'm doing this. The rest of you, get ready!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »

I think I can get to H7 if I double move and hope for the best, and it may draw them out or something.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure there's a big difference in durability between a wooden fence and a nanomachine canister made of alloys 5 times stronger than steel, anyway. Ok, I'm doing this. The rest of you, get ready!

According to game laws the latter is much more fragile than the former :V
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21